North American Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

I'd do it, but for the fact that if it accepts it, it shows up in the list. If it doesn't show up in the list, it doesn't accept it. And I don't think I can just add a requirement in 1970, so I really need a new building for consistency.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

So if it's in the list, but there aren't any available until a certain date, that causes a problem?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I can't see how it would, other than having players wonder where to get electronics before 1970. (Which is why there's a donotreadme.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Okay, I guess it would work. I'll come up with a final chart later today.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Here be the Cannery
Attachments
train by DanMacK, platforms by Born Acorn
train by DanMacK, platforms by Born Acorn
cannery.png (100.79 KiB) Viewed 5260 times
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

:shock: Swa-heet! Dude, that looks great! Only thing that I could suggest is some texture/dirt on the walls. Otherwise, perfect!

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Lifeblood, you've done us proud. Looks just like the ones we have down here in the Maritimes. :D
I hope when its coded, it'll be able to sit a bit over the water. 8)

(hmm ... I wonder what this kid's hiding up his sleeve for his next act?)
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Okee, I'm scruffing it up, although they are usually clean. And at some point I'll do a proper wooden pier for it to sit on, but this is low priority wight now, sorry (edit: this will also include a dock of the same style). I forgot to draw a Maritimes/Cape Cod style house to accompany it aswell - I'll add that now.
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Hey, man, I'm not saying make them grungy. I sure wouldn't want my Star-Kist packed in some nasty, dirty cannery. I was thinking more along the lines of adding texture so that there appears to be siding, or if the buildings are metal sheds, add some vertical seams. Hope this clarifies what I meant. In any case, it's an outstanding graphic! :)

BTW: dibs on the steel mill. I hope you're not in a hurry, though, because I plan on doing opposite views of the City stations, and will begin breaking them apart for Oracle to start coding.

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Ahh, ok, that's clear now. I have lines on the sides of the buildings, but I suppose the colours are too close. I'll fix that too. I also added some lamp posts, for the night shift.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

VERY NICE!

Looking great man, but I agree with the texture bit. Otherwise, looking awesome.

It'll look REALLY nice with my narrow gauge stuff :D
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Retextured cannery - I'm glad the man its named after likes it.

The new is on the right, the old on the left. Am I there?

Also, how many configurations of each industry should there be, 5 or so?
Attachments
cannery redux.png
cannery redux.png (135.6 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I still think more texture would be appropriate. Your water tower (the brown cylnder?) looks great, and is an excellent example of good texture. The light brown buildings are an example of not enough texture. You're going in the right direction though.

I realize it is a matter of personal opinion. I myself like highly detailed, highly textured graphics. I realize they are a TON of work to get right, and not necessarily in the original TTD style.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Okay, I'll coninue. The water tower is actually from the original graphics, its from the arctic farm sprite set.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Double post, sorry, but I wanted to clear something up: my monitor is a piece of garbage. Having drawn what I thought was a respectable cannery, I couldn't understand what was wrong with the shading. Then I had a look at my post from another computer in my house, and I see the horrid shading! Sadly, my other computeer can't support drawing programs, so please be patient as I try to recolour/shade the buildings with this decieving monitor. :?
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

It can't even support MSPaint?
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Nay, that was deleted many years ago by my father, and we've no Windows 98 se cd to restore it. Needless to say its a dog of a computer and is only good for interneting.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Add/remove Windows Components in Control Panel??
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Hmm, I don't know if that works in 98, but I'll give it a go! Thanks.
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

If worst-comes-to-worst, lifeblood, if you'd like, I could add some texture using Photochop on my oh so nice 19" display and ATI video card. :) Just post the sprites here, or PM them to me.

Cheers!
ImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”