TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - August Entries

Post by STD »

UseYourIllusion wrote:
STD wrote:4 participant is good :P .
4 people as expected :wink:
I agree. I think next time will be more people to participate. All depends on the theme :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

STD wrote:
UseYourIllusion wrote:
STD wrote:4 participant is good :P .
4 people as expected :wink:
I agree. I think next time will be more people to participate. All depends on the theme :wink: .
Obviously...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

August SOTM has now shut. Voting is now open. Here, in no particular order, are the screenshots for Canada:

ISA
The theme... Canada?<br />First thing what comes to my mind is those fabulous pictures or postcards from rocky mountains in the autumn, when the trees are covered with many colors and there is railroad and/or highway next to the mountain river. There cant be any setup pictures, all those shots come out of pure randomness! Here is my shot what is trying to represent that moment and what would be better than Canadian National train for those rail fans out there!
The theme... Canada?
First thing what comes to my mind is those fabulous pictures or postcards from rocky mountains in the autumn, when the trees are covered with many colors and there is railroad and/or highway next to the mountain river. There cant be any setup pictures, all those shots come out of pure randomness! Here is my shot what is trying to represent that moment and what would be better than Canadian National train for those rail fans out there!
ISA.PNG (175.54 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
Ladusa
My vision of Canada.
My vision of Canada.
Ladusa.png (579.79 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
Quast65
Quast65.png
Quast65.png (368.86 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Seeker
Seeker.png
Seeker.png (480.15 KiB) Viewed 9261 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - August Voting

Post by wallyweb »

Whoa! Excellent submissions, all of them. Each one has captured an essence of Canada.
Isa's post card, very typical of the Canadian Rockies. :D
Ladusa's vision ... A touch of Germany on a Canadian waterfront ... A GO train in Bamberg! Who'd have thought? Few people realize that there are a lot of Germans who live in Canada. My father was one of them. :D
Quast65, I don't see a city name, but Union Station and that waterfront! That can only be Toronto! :D
I've saved the best for last! Seeker! :D ... Few people (many of them Canadians) are aware of the challenges of transportation into the North. The muskeg won't support a road during the warm months. The distance is too far and the population too thin to warrant rail service. The cost of air service is horrendously expensive. Canoes and backpacks can't carry the quantities needed. The solution lies in the winter when the muskeg freezes harder than concrete and the ice on the lakes and rivers will support the heaviest loads. For a few short weeks in winter, the lakes and rivers become highways for a truck traffic load that would challenge most cities. :D Seeker has my vote. 8) Well done! :mrgreen:
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

@Wallyweb, the cityname is in the top-left of the picture. And indeed it is Toronto!

I wanted to simulate the area around the Union Station, looked at it with the help of google-maps/streetview and tried to put in some of the key-features, like the station, the elevated highway, the harbour and the park area.

But I agree with your statements about Seekers shot, got my vote too!!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

Thank you wallyweb and Quast65. The moment I saw the theme, Polar Bear and Rick come to mind on ICE road truckers (that's meant to be them charging down the hill) and I had to have a go at trying a screenie of it. The thing is I made a nice shot with mountains surrounding the flat area (Hoping it looked like a frozen lake), photoshop'ed the roads away (That took ages). I was all happy with it, then remembered for entry it had to be 800x600 and had to cut out the best small piece. :oops: We live and learn.

Canada is a place I have always wanted to visit, my Uncle moved out there with his family a few years back to White Rock and the photos he has sent me just look breath taking.
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Epic screenshots here, all 4 of them! :D
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

All 4 screenshots are great. Wow :)) . With great pleasure esteemed opinion wallyweb.
Each screenshot deserves the title of the winner :D . But I vote for the screenshot Quast65.
I like the train station and the Park, and all that is located nearby. :) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Congratulations to all participants. All entries have proven, that after all the Canada theme was an excellent one, if not the best, although some tried to derail it.

All entries deserve my vote, but as I cannot decide between the Ice Truckers and Toronto Union; I'll abstain from voting this month, I don't think it will make any difference in the end.

Again, many thanks for participating ...
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

OzTrans wrote:...if not the best...
Now now, let's not start a fight!
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

SwissFan91 wrote:
OzTrans wrote:...if not the best...
Now now, let's not start a fight!
I don't mind another country-themed competition, actually, I would support one
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Seems that clean postcard shots dont gather much votes! But large infrastructure does! Seems I must change my route :)
3 epic shots! Nice work guys!
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

Hmm, I see this month I didnt win again. Maybe too much participants? :P :mrgreen: Congratulations to the winner, which is very likely Quast 8)
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

ISA wrote:Seems that clean postcard shots don't gather much votes! But large infrastructure does! Seems I must change my route :)
ISA, so long as you (or anyone else) keeps doing postcard shots, you've always got a high probability of me voting for them. I love the clean style in those shots!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Only if i had time to enter a screenshot before everything starts...

Well, one proved that fictional Canada was totally a go. :mrgreen:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

YNM wrote:Only if i had time to enter a screenshot before everything starts...
You did say you would try making a screenshot:
YNM wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Lot's of sub-arctic in Canada. :wink:
If I had time to play any sub-arctic scenario with american/canadian styled buildings, and some lakes, maybe i'll submit one. Most of my games is temperate, or way too much european.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I think that overall the vote turned out good. Decent screenshots :) .
Judging by the number of votes, all liked the screenshot train station from Quast65.
These themes, I think, will be used the winners.
Only best not to take a particular country, for example a continent or a certain area with several countries (Europe, North America and other). I think so :wink: . A screenshot of the real place looks better than a screenshot from the generated maps in the game :)) .
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Voting for August has shut.

The winner, with 22 votes, is..
Quast65.png
Quast65.png (368.86 KiB) Viewed 8686 times
Quast65

Congratulations! The other results are as follows:

10 - Seeker
7 - ISA
2 - Ladusa

Again, not a close month! The September competition is now open. The theme will be announced soon.
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - September Entries

Post by Seeker »

Congrats Quast65

I lost to a worthy screenshot :) I really liked the different height levels you had with the road down to the coast, park tunnels and the long bridge. Hope to beat you next time :D
Well done to the others as well.
ISA I thought your postcard screenshot was going to overtake me at one point and Ladusa I love the coastal Station, might have to copy the layout into 1 of my coastal towns :P

Looking forward to the next theme
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)

Return to “Screenshots”