[W.I.P.] The Valuables Mod Final Version

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

[W.I.P.] The Valuables Mod Final Version

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello again,

After more then a year has been past by, I'm back on the forums. A lot has happened in the past time. I did become a father of two beautifull daughters. Didn't have a lot time to play Locomotion anymore so there's (again) much to learn :lol:

A lot has happened since the last time I got the idea for a valuables-mod. Tattoo has helped me A LOT in the past with this idea and all of the previous released versions contains part of his work as well. So here's 4th released version of the valuables-mod.

What's the Valuables Mod ?

The valuables mod is a mod that brings all types of valuables to your Locomotion game. It has gold, silver, diamonds, jewelry and money in it. It also comes with new vehicles, new city-buildings, new industries and new stations. It also brings a new transportline to the game with new industries and citybuildings. The Gold, Silver and Diamond-mines all produce raw stuff (raw gold, raw silver and raw diamonds). The raw gold and raw silver goes to a mill where gold and silver bars will be produced out of it. Then the gold and silver bars (and the raw diamonds) will be transported to a Jewelry-Factory where Jewelry gets produced out of it.

The goldbars, silverbars and jewelry can be delivered in the city by banks and jewelry-shops. The mod also brings money to the game and a saving and loans shop. The Bank, jewelry-shops and saving and loans all accept money and this can be transported between the buildings intown and to other towns with armored trains and trucks.

Here are the new mines and the mill, these still are the old pictures and nothing from those industries has reworked as of yet only the Jewelry-Factory which is not shown on this picture.

Here's an overview of some of the stations and vehicles that are included with the mod.

CHANGES FROM V3.0:

1. OLDMONEY.DAT and GASOLINE.DAT removed

2. Goldmill and Silvermill removed. Instead only one remains wich accepts Raw Gold, Raw Silver and Chemicals, it needs all three to produce.

3. One Jewel-Factory remains instead of two. It accepts Goldbares, Silverbars and Raw Diamonds but doesn't need all at the same time to produce.

4. The Federal Bank remains in the mod wich accepts Goldbars, Silverbars and Paper, it needs all three to produce Money and Waste.

5. Three of the six mines are removed. The ones that need gasoline to produce the raw materials. Instead they can now accept lumber and food, but those cargo's are not needed for the production. The city-versions of these mines remain in the mod, they accept and produce the same cargo's as the Industrial versions.

6. The Cotton-Farm from the Food-Mod is added, it needs Fertilizer to produce Cotton and Waste.

7. The Papermill from the Food-Mod is added, it needs Cotton and/or Lumber to produce Paper and Waste.

8. The Oil-Refinery is removed from the mod, because Gasoline is no longer needed. Instead the Chemical-Works from the Food-Mod comes in to produce the chemicals and fertilizer needed for the mill and the Cotton-Farm.

9. The two regions with an easy and hard version are removed. The Valuables Mod V4.0 region replaces these two.

10. The city-version of the Oilwell comes with this mod as well (the two gas-stations are removed), via this way another industry-spot is now open for other industries.

11. I removed the Waste-Facility and replaced it with a Steel and Waste Facility. The Waste-Facility now accepts Coal, Iron Ore and Waste. It needs all cargo's to produce Steel and Goods. The steel inside the waste is melted to create new recycled steel, and out of the coal, iron ore, waste and recycled steel new goods are made.

It will also have city-industry counterparts from the Oilwells (made by me) and the Coal and Iron Ore Mines (made by Digidampfman and used with his permission). I strongly suggest that you will not download or use other (older) links in this topic, as they will not work anymore with V4.0

Have fun with it !

Regards,

EDS

The Mod:
Valuables Mod V4.0.rar
The new version of the Valuables-Mod, please check out the ReadMe-files for more detailed information regarding this mod.
(4.86 MiB) Downloaded 1579 times
The Scenario:
The World needs Money and Food.SC5
The new scenario for the Valuables-Mod. This is the Peninsular-Scenario from Zimmlock re-worked for use with the Valuables-Mod and the new Food-Mod. The goal however has everything to do with the Valuables-Mod.
(907.62 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
The Food-Mod can be found here.

Test-Review by Greyfox:
Greyfox wrote:Hello everybody,

Once again, I have been asked by Emporer Darth Sidious (EDS) to test one of his mods. This time it is the Valuables Mod V4.0.

Here is my report on the Valuables Mod V4.0:

I opened the game using the scenario supplied, (The Peninsular Scenario), and I used the vehicles supplied, no additional mods of any kind. Everything was "as is". I thought that this was the best & fairest way to test this mod.

I realised that long train lines had to be built to deliver what was necessary to produce Raw Diamonds, Raw Gold and Silver, and of course Jewelry, not forgetting gold & silver bars. I recommend planning your track layout before you do anything.

We also see the introduction of steam trams, which I found to be a bit of a novelty, but effective. It made the mod a little more interesting, including all of the other resources. I also implement the "Long Station Patch", (LSP), which I believe is a necessity in a scenario such as this.

As usual, I had a look around the map to consider the best options to create some money to start, and to observe what industries required which resources to supply other industries. Those of you that are familiar with this map should soon find a suitable industry to start you off. I will not give to much away as this would spoil some of the fun in playing the map.

Summary:

Well.....EDS has done it again. I can only reiterate what I said about the Food Mod. The Valuables Mod V4.0 is an excellent mod, quite brilliant, well worth a look and a download. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I imagine you will spend a lot of hours playing it. I hope so, because EDS has put a lot of time & effort into this, and it wasn't all "plain sailing", but it is a brilliant mod. Good luck to all who play it. As for the scenario in summing up, I consider this to be one of the best scenarios that EDS has ever produced. I would recommend giving this a go, but expect a nice long game, that gives an opportunity to create a good looking transport network that can be profitable and a pleasure to play.

My Rating: 9/10.

Greyfox

Test-Review by lsbc:
lsbc wrote:Testing my be is done.

I recommend that when released the players haul timber 1st then the waste from paper mill and then the paper. AThis will give them a good base income to go get the oil to the fertilizer plant. They can than haul fertilizer to coconut plantation or grain/grape industry. Haul that product to the food processing plant and then the food hauling will go slow until all oil wells are being accessed. While I didn't haul any cargo other than those needed to complete quest. I got the above base running and let the game play without any interaction. 250,000 can be done without much trouble if done following above steps. I did not test with the Long Station mod but did add some of my custom vehicles.

I recommend the use of Long Station mod even tho I didn't use it. it will make things much easier.

The graphics for industries could be different the the default graphics for ease of identification. I have a few in mind that might work well and will work some up and see how they look and work.

Great job EDS

(On request a message to warn people about the original tracks and roads being overwritten, because of this it might give some trouble with the original scenarios in the game, but that's also mentioned in the included Readme File as well !!! As some people forget to read the file sometimes !)
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 31 Oct 2015 17:41, edited 39 times in total.
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Valuables Mod V3.0

Post by Walter1940 »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote: After more then a year has been past by, I'm back on the forums. A lot has happened in the past time. I did become a father of two beautifull daughters and went back to school again. Didn't have a lot time to play Locomotion anymore so there's (again) much to learn :lol:
Hi,
it's nice to read from you again and if it goes well with you.

If I understand correctly, you have to recreate everything before. A great project for an ever-shrinking fan base.
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Walter1940 wrote: If I understand correctly, you have to recreate everything before.
Only a few things must be recreated, I'm also planning to give it an option of an harder scenario-type of game. I wan't to ask permission to use someone's scenario for it which I will include in the download when it's ready, and it will also come with a regional choice so the player doesn't have to look to hard in his or her existing mods to select all the vehicles etc. in the game.

I'm already testing some things and I'm working on a new type of mod as well...So plenty of things to keep me busy :lol:
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Glad to see a revival of this important mod!

You should make that picture in your signature into a link to this topic. :)
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Hello EDS.

This is such a relief to see such a wonderful mod being revived again. I saw what happened last time, but I am not saying anything.

I just might have to see if I can get my old Dell working again so I can play it. I have been looking foward to this.

Best Regards,
L.A. Noire Fan.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxsss L.A. :lol:

At the moment I'm testing a few things...

The included scenario will be the Peninsular Scenario or the Serpent, both are from Zimmlock and I have his permission to use them. I have rebuild the Jewelry-Factory and removed Plasticman's graphics from it. It now looks like this:

Maybe it needs a little more work, what do you guys think. I'm still not very good in creating new buildings etc... So for now it's fine to me.

The scenario which will come with the mod is also in it's finishing states...

So I will be busy with it !

Regards...
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hello EDS,

It looks fine to me. Hope to see the new Mod soon. :]

Regards
Greyfox
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Here's a small overview of the mod what's done now:

New Industry:
2 Goldmines produce: Raw Gold. The other needs Gasoline before production starts (harder challenge).
2 Silvermines produce: Raw Silver. The other needs Gasoline before production starts (harder challenge).
2 Daimondmines produce: Raw Daimonds. The other needs Gasoline before production starts (harder challenge).
3 Melters accept: one need Raw Gold and Raw Silver (harder challenge), one needs only Raw Silver, one needs only Raw Gold. All produce: Gold and Silver Bars
2 Jewelry-Factory accept: Raw Daimonds, Gold or Silver Bars. The other factory needs all of the cargo's. Both Produce: Jewelry (harder challenge)

City-Buildings:
Two banks accept: Mail, Gold/Silver Bars and Money. Produce Mail and Money (needs more work, city gets way too many banks)
Two Jewellers accept: Mail, Jewelry and money. Produce: Money and Mail
Savings and Loans accept: Money and Mail. Produce: Money and Mail

New Cargos:
Gasoline ID=4
Raw Gold ID=94
Jewelry ID=95
Raw Silver ID=96
Money ID=97
Raw Diamonds ID=98
Gold Bars ID=99
Silver Bars ID=100

New Vehicles:
8 new hoppers (2 for raw gold, 2 for raw silver, 2 for raw diamonds and two that can carry all cargo's)
3 new armored trains (1 for gold bars and jewelry, 1 for silver bars and jewelry and one for money, gold/silver bars and jewelry)
2 new minecart locomotives
1 new minecart (for raw gold, raw silver and raw diamonds)
3 new tram-vehicles (one for passengers, one for mail and one armored for money, jewelry and gold/silverbars)
5 new armored trucks (for gold/silver bars, money and jewelry)

Along with them a few converted standard game-vehicles

Still needs some work, testing the Serpent (my own mod-free version) now with the mod with both the easy and the diffecult version of the mod. Both will be included. Do you guys have an idea of what the goal will be like and what year to start the game ? Next to the new vehicles for the mod, the included scenario will make use of all the standard vehicles in the game and you will need Plastikman's minecart locomotives and the needed sounds for the locomotive (more information and links on this will be provided when released).
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 13 May 2013 21:48, edited 3 times in total.
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

As I see it, you can use almost any other industries more if you used your modification.
You have 10 Industries by 16 slots. Is this intentional?

I mean, I make games fun where I can use as many different industries. But with the mod you need obviously still a lot of industries. That takes away places.
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello Walter,

Do you mean that it's a right thing, or wrong ? Because there are lots of possibilities in the case of this mod.

For a regular game you can use a minimum of two or three (four if you add the Jewelry-Factory to it as well) industries:

Gold Mine (with or without Gasoline then you need a Refinery as well, you only need one of the minetypes)
Gold Mill
Bank (city-building)

Silver Mine (with or without Gasoline then you need a Refinery as well, you only need one of the minetypes)
Silver Mill
Bank

Diamond Mine (with or without Gasoline then you need a Refinery as well, you only need one of the minetypes)
Jewelry Factory
Jeweller

These are a few examples...Of course the player can choose otherwise and use all kind of industries or just two...The possibilities are endless. But of course you have a choice on wich industries you wan't and don't want to use.

I build my mods intentionnally because I would like to give the players multiple options to use the mod...

b.t.w. I do the same, in every game I play I make use of the maximum number of cargo's which is 32 as far as I know. I hope that players who use my mods do the same :wink:

Anyway in my testgames I use 7 industries to make use of the mod:

Goldmill (with gasoline)
Silvermill (with gasoline)
Diamondmill (with gasoline)
Melter (which can melt both gold and silver)
Jewelry-Factory
Refinery
Oilwells

and 3 citybuildings:

2x Bank
2x Jeweller
1x Savings and Loans

So there's room to use 9 other industries to play the game :mrgreen:
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 13 May 2013 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

In the previous topic about the Valuables mod some people asked me if I could let the Diamondmine and Silvermine look less like a coalmine. I still can't create industries on my own, but I did make a change to the mines. In these screenshots you can see both versions of the Diamond and Silver mine:

As you can see I changed the floors from both mines into those of a regular industry. Which one do you prefer ?
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

I prefer the one on the left.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

This mod uses mineshaft carts. The mineshaft carts for this mod where created by Tattoo. The original mineshaft Locomotive was created by Plastikman and can be used to pull Tattoo's carts. However the minishaft locomotive and the sounds that they need are from Plastikman and cannot be included in this mod. The original mineshaft carts and the locomotive can be found here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... t=minecart

Because I would like to see that people can use this mod without the need of stuff from other creators and to make it playable the moment it has been downloaded I have converted an MSTS model a few weeks ago that can pull these mineshaft carts as well on the tram-track. I also converted the 'Jinty' locomotive and some carriages for it, one passenger-wagon, one mail-wagon (carries mail) and one armored wagon (it has increased weight and it can carry goldbars, silverbars, money and jewelry) so it can drive on a tram-track as well.

Both locomotives, the mineshaft-cart and the converted carriages will be included in the mod.

Here's a screenshot:
Screenshot21.PNG
(194.07 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
These vehicles all use the standard sounds from the game. Off course people can download Plastikman's mineshaft carts as well (but they are not needed for the valuables mod). I made the tramtrack-stations for gold, silver, diamonds, coal and iron ore, so together with Plastikman's (coal and iron ore) mineshaft carts this would look nice.

At the moment I'm testing the Peninsular (Made by Zimmlock) for the new version of the valuables mod, and the new 'tram-vehicles' as well. The goal is to deliver 100.000 tons of jewelry in 100 years, starting from 1900. I must say that this is the first time that I use mostly 'standard' game vehicles, because when I release the mod this scenario uses standard vehicles only (apart from the mod-vehicles which are designed and needed for the mod). The last time I used standard vehicles is so long ago that I can't realy remember hahaha...

The scenario in this mod includes two versions. One easy version where the valuables mines start producing immidiately and one harder version where you must first deliver gasoline to the mines before they start producing. There will also be a landscape version which people can use if they wan't to select other vehicles then the standard ones.

There will be a valuables mod region as well, in which all of the needed vehicles etc. will be pre-selected when you choose this region. That's a lot easyer when people wan't to create their own scenarios because everything you need is pre-selected. It's also usefull for people who already have lots of mods in there games and who may find it a little hard to search all of the needed vehicles, industies and citybuildings.
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 10 May 2013 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Were the carts approved by Tattoo in the old thread?

Sorry to nit-pick, but I'd hate to see this mod go down the pipes again.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Yes they where approved by Tattoo, along with all the stuff that he made for the mod as long as I mention his name in the Readme file and give him the credits for the part that he created. Otherwise I would never re-release this again...I will not bump my head to a stone for the second time, and I didn't come back to the forums to break the rules again...I know that I was wrong last time and I asked permission to Tattoo even before I started this topic...
Tattoo wrote:Go ahead and re-release it with my stuff
So it will not go down like the previous time :wink:, release will be sometime this month as I´m still workin on a few small things.

Regards and apologies to everyone who lost their confidence in me, it won´t happen again and that´s a promise...

Erik
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

LocoRoller wrote:Were the carts approved by Tattoo in the old thread?

Sorry to nit-pick, but I'd hate to see this mod go down the pipes again.
To clarify, there was never a problem with the stuff I made for this mod and it was not pulled because of me. EDS recently contacted me about this to be sure and I gave him the ok so there shouldn't be any doubts about EDS re-releasing this mod with my stuff. I'm happy to see it again and hope that everyone enjoys the work that EDS put into it. I think it'll be a good addition to the game and I might end up making some more stuff for it in the future..

Regards,

Tattoo
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
rebirth101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rebirth101 »

I'm very happy to see EDS active again, and I'm looking forward to the release of this mod :-)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxsss Rebirth, preciate it :wink: !

I have made an overview of what the harder part of the mod will look like, of course this is the same for the easy part, but then you can use mines nr. 1 instead of nr. 2.

I hope the screenshot makes this clear, but I fill it in under the screenshot as well:
Screenshot5b.PNG
(186.47 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
In this harder challenge it starts with oil...

Oil ----> Refinery ----> Produces Gasoline

Gasoline ----> Gold/Silver/Diamondmines ----> Produce Raw Gold/Silver/Diamonds

Raw Gold and/or Raw Silver ----> Mill ----> Produce Gold and/or Silver Bars

Gold Bars or Silver Bars ----> Banks in town ----> Produce Money

Gold Bars or Silver Bars or Raw Diamonds ----> Jewelry Factory ----> Produce Jewelry

Jewelry ----> Jewellers in town ----> Produce Money as well

----------------------------------------------

In the easy challenge mines will start production on raw gold/silver/diamonds on their own.

I figured, the machines in the mines need some sort of fuel or in this case gasoline to start working. An engine needs this to start workin, just as much as a car won't drive without fuel :mrgreen: So that's why I decided to include this harder challenge. I know that most Locomotion players appreciate hard challenges, but for rookie players (or players who like more easy challenges) I wanted to split up this mod in these two parts.

In the easy challenge and when making full use of the mod you will need 5 or 6 industry buildings (slots) and 5 citybuildings:

Goldmine nr. 1: Produce Raw Gold
Silvermine nr. 1: Produce Raw Silver
Diamondmine nr. 1: Produce Raw Diamonds
Gold/Silver Mill: Needs Raw Gold and Raw Silver, Produce Gold/Silver Bars (or two seperate mills which is even more easy)
Jewelry Factory nr. 1: Needs Raw Diamonds or Gold Bars or Silver Bars, Produce Jewelry
2x Bank: Accepts Mail, Money and Gold and/or Silver Bars, Produce Money and Mail
2x Jeweller Store: Accepts Mail, Money and Jewelry, Produce Money and Mail
1x Savings and Loans: Accepts Money and Mail, Produce Money and Mail

In the harder challenge and when making full use of the mod you will need 7 industry buildings (slots) and 5 citybuildings:

Oilwells: Produce Oil
Refinery: Needs Oil, Produce Gasoline and Chemicals
Goldmine nr. 2: Needs Gasoline, Produce Raw Gold
Silvermine nr. 2: Needs Gasoline, Produce Raw Silver
Diamondmine nr. 2: Needs Gasoline, Produce Raw Diamonds
Gold/Silver Mill: Needs Raw Gold and Raw Silver, Produce Gold/Silver Bars
Jewelry Factory nr. 2: Needs Raw Diamonds and Gold Bars and Silver Bars, Produce Jewelry
2x Bank: Accepts Mail, Money and Gold and/or Silver Bars, Produce Money and Mail
2x Jeweller Store: Accepts Mail, Money and Jewelry, Produce Money and Mail
1x Savings and Loans: Accepts Money and Mail, Produce Money and Mail

Of course you can also use just parts of the mod:

Goldmine nr. 1 (without oil and gasoline) or nr. 2 (with oil and gasoline)
Goldmill
Jewelry Factory
Bank
Jeweller
Savins and Loans

It's all up to you :mrgreen: !!

Release will probably be at the end of the month...so a little more patience !

See ya !
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

I'm glad to see EDS and this mod back again! Best of luck to you, and I can't wait to see it finished. I'll finally be able to release the modded Northern Ontario map again :wink: .

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”