[REL] Brisbane pack.

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] Brisbane pack.

Post by noofnoof »

Brisbane Pack.
Brisbane is the awesome city of my residence, therefore I wish to make for locomotion it's vehicles and public transport infrastructure.

I hope to include in this pack:

Buses. This is what I have started making models for.

basically if it's under here in "current buses", I want to make it. The most common type of buses in Brisbane, and the most modern all share the Volgren CR228L Body, so unless you get close, I can't tell the difference. this is why I have chosen this as the first model to produce, because I can use the same sprites for 4 or so different buses, all with different charicteristics. under the wise words of Plastikman, I have near finished the model in sketchup, and it needs to be skinned, and rendered.

Ferries.

yeah eventually, aswell as the very distinct wharves all along the river.
all of the wharves look like the same, a floating pontoon with an angle-adjustable bridge.

Trains.

yeah sometime in the near future if I can make them myself or find models for them.

anyway. if anyone can point me at stuff for converting into Lomo...
also can you convert from Trainz to loco?

regards, noof.

It's my birthday, so I have a present for you all!
it's the Diesel CR228L pack.
Attachments
BCCO500LE.jpg
noofbusesv09.rar
(331.9 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
TransperthV09.rar
(109.58 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
Last edited by noofnoof on 06 May 2010 07:08, edited 4 times in total.
Hammo
Director
Director

Re: [WIP] Brisbane pack.

Post by Hammo »

Looking good there.

One request. The busses operating here in Sydney are probably almost identical to those in Brisbane (except we probably have some much older buses still on the road). Most of the buses on the Gold Coast I saw the last two weeks look almost identical to what we've got here. So when it comes to skinning the buses, would it be possible for a Sydney buses skin? (really easy too - white top, blue bottom :P) Veolia/Connex/others by request would be nice too, but I can help with that if I can find the time.

Doesn't look like you have them up there, but I always prefer the [url=ttp://www.sydneybuses.info/corporate/bus-flee ... 13trbl.htm]Scania L113-TRBL[/url] on my uni route - larger capacity than usual and [seem] so much more powerful than anything else in the fleet - great for climbing the hill from Central Station to Moore Park :P
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

updating bus model:
Attachments
hey! do you wanna have so much quality? try noofnoofthirst. more quality than your locomotion has room for.
hey! do you wanna have so much quality? try noofnoofthirst. more quality than your locomotion has room for.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

noof.

unlike other 3d programs. i find it easier to texture first in sketchup, THEN do the detail work.

Just make sure you switch the texture to "projected" first. then when you push pull the details like the AC on the roof or the doors... they auto texture.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
C3805.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by C3805. »

Do want.

And Hammo is right, a lot of the Brissie buses are identical to down here, like the B10L. Though, when you're done with the current models, I reckon you should do some classical models, like the 0305.
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

Nice, noofnoof. Is that the picture you sent me on Facebook?

I look forward to download all of them =)
BRISBANE
new world city

Bored? Lets play way different scenario!
Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 63#p869963
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

HA! you thought I'd given up on these. well... I kinda did, but:
bccpiccie9.jpg
Can anyone assist(help, suggest tools, point at good information) me in rendering these into locomotion? I know Zeak can, however he's at sea...
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

Wow, those traffic lights at the front looks so detailed. It does really look like Transfail bus services in Brisbane :lol: Translink services is very terrible here :(

Again, looking forwarded to download them =)
BRISBANE
new world city

Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

What i'll suggest is lowering the front fan thing on the roof a little.
Oh; and rounding off the top corners; to do this, you simply create a curve on one part, then just drag it all the way to the rear, and it will remove and delete it-self, creating a nice curve.

You had the same idea as I did, and just wait for zeak; what I may also suggest, make a few models, as it doesnt take him too long to import them into locomotion, its mainly the whole creating part that takes it time.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

Thanks Blender, you mean create a curve at then push it the entire length of the bus? I guess that makes sense. yeah that can(has been) be done.

looking at pictures of this bus in Sydney, their air-conditioning on the roof is not as extensive as brisbane. I walk over the busiest road* for buses everyday and so I get a good look at the roof of them. my motivation for this project is everytime I see one of these buses (10 times a day minimum) I go "DAMN I need that for Locomotion..."

Blender, are there any CR228L's in Melbourne?

*Moggil Road in Taringa on the pedestrian overpass, while the busways get more buses per day, everybus going from Indro to the City goes via this point.
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

Really? I didn't know that there's a busway at Taringa! :shock: Wow, I should catch 444 one day and check it out :P
BRISBANE
new world city

noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

Vemon3D wrote:Really? I didn't know that there's a busway at Taringa! :shock: Wow, I should catch 444 one day and check it out :P
there isn't one :roll: . I said that moggil road is the busiest non-busway.
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

*Moggil Road in Taringa on the pedestrian overpass, while the busways get more buses per day, everybus going from Indro to the City goes via this point.
Non-busway?

Hmm, I checked out Northern Busways construction site at Kedron / Lutwyche area, and it looks bit ... ugly. I think Airportlink will be useless. >< at $4.20 toll for Clem7 :shock:
BRISBANE
new world city

Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

Noof, did you notice that ... maybe 10 years ago, Brisbane houses and everything was soooo cheap and very liveable city to live in. But now, it's exaggerated and gone worst and it became most expensive city to live in for Australia :evil:

But Newman did his best to improve public transport but he did his best to increase tax to get money to spend and spend and spend on some unnecessary infrastructure such as Toowong Link tunnel from Toowong to Kelvin Grove, and ... total unnecessary expensive Hale Street Link
BRISBANE
new world city

X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

noofnoof wrote:Thanks Blender, you mean create a curve at then push it the entire length of the bus? I guess that makes sense. yeah that can(has been) be done.

Blender, are there any CR228L's in Melbourne?
Yes to the first, but nothing to big, just slightly to give it that real curve feeling.

Im not into buses as such, and so that number means nothing to me, sorry.
I did how-ever find a site with all the buses, both private and public busaustralia
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

does this bus ring any bells?

if so I can send you the 3D modle and you can skin it to that if you want to be involved.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Ive got a few projects to do. (check my signature to find out)

But I guess I can work some magic on it; oh, where would I find the actual measurements? (H;W;L)
I tried google, but just got sent to that busaustralia. And no measurements, ah, I got stumped for once.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

well for making the 3D model I used http://www.btbuses.info/?Submit=fleetsp ... rching=yes, and the body type is the same everywhere. but how is this relevant?

sorry about the website, but you can't BBcode it sadly.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

BlenderUser wrote:Ive got a few projects to do. (check my signature to find out)

But I guess I can work some magic on it; oh, where would I find the actual measurements? (H;W;L)
I tried google, but just got sent to that busaustralia. And no measurements, ah, I got stumped for once.
Break into your local bus depot at night. With a tape measure.

There's a bus depot a few k up the road from me... but there's also a police station right next door, so that's my excuse :P

Or, next time you're walking past a bus at a bus stop (as I do a lot at Central and my local train station), just count how many paces long the bus is. If you knew how long your stride was...
You could also guess at the width... 5m maybe? I'm never good at guessing distances without a reference.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

That's a wide bus! this one is 2.48m according to my favourite website.

Blender mucked with my model:
BCCpiccie10.jpg
I like what he's done to the air con, but at the back I disagree:
Attachments
toproveblenderwrong.jpg
toproveblenderwrong.jpg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 13330 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”