OpenGFX Trees

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Froix
Engineer
Engineer

OpenGFX Trees

Post by Froix »

OpenGFX+ Trees
version 0.2.0

• Temperate Climate - 19 sets, 7 sprites for each set
  • Sub-arctic Climate - 16 sets for sub-arctic, 8 for dry trees and 8 for snowy snowy.
  • Each type of tree can now be disabled via parameters.
Sub-tropical trees to be added later. For each set, the 7 sprites represent the stages of life for the tree.

Most trees stay within a 35x50 pixel boundary.

NewGRF available via online content download. See Release Thread for more details.

Note: When updating saved games from 0.1 to 0.2.0, you'll have to reset your parameters to enable all trees, or you can also just reload the Newgrf.

Copyright © 2010 Froix
Attachments
forests.png
forests.png (4.72 KiB) Viewed 28780 times
Last edited by Froix on 19 Sep 2010 00:57, edited 2 times in total.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenGFX Trees

Post by planetmaker »

In that case I propose to call them OpenGFX+ trees :-)

That way it shows clearly the association but is a somewhat distinct name. OpenGFX+ is planned series of small enhancements which fit the OpenGFX theme; but non of it so far got anywhere to a release-ready state, the trees could well become the first of those :-)

EDIT: sizes look fine to me
Last edited by planetmaker on 02 Sep 2010 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I loaded the test and are currently playing with them in a snowy landscape. I like them loads :)
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

looking nice :)
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Can someone make a screenshot for those of us at work who can't wait to try them out?
They look really nice!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Actually there is: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=900785#p900785 and http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=900246#p900246

btw, @ Froix: What about the name "OpenGFX+ ART"? :-)
Froix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Froix »

Thanks All! Glad you like it.

I decided to stay with the OpenGFX+ Trees title. :)

update
* released newgrf, see release thread, see screenshot there as well
* two more temperate trees added
* missing stage sprites for a few sets
* forest sprites
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

These are some really really nice graphics! I look forward to your next project :)
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Ive just applied 0.20 to an existing Arctic game running 1.04 RC1 which previously was running trees v0.1. When 0.20 was applied all I got was default trees. Re-apply 0.1 the trees came back
Froix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Froix »

Yes. Just updated this thread. Sorry.

Saved games has zero set for all unused parameters and v0.2.0 now uses 19 parameters counting from the 4th. Remove the newgrf, apply settings, add the newgrf back, apply settings and you should see all trees back or you can just click reset on your parameter settings if that's available. If not, I really urge you or rather everyone to get the latest version of OpenTTD so you can get this new fancy parameter GUI.
newgui.png
newgui.png (35.07 KiB) Viewed 28235 times
As you can see, you can easily disable each and any tree by toggle button. I'm not really sure if OpenTTD 1.04 has this...
Timmaexx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timmaexx »

Froix wrote:As you can see, you can easily disable each and any tree by toggle button. I'm not really sure if OpenTTD 1.04 has this...
It hasn't! You need a current Nightly or have to wait for OpenTTD 1.1.0
Froix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Froix »

Aye! I've tracked it down to version r20766 at the earliest. At least the one which supports loading savegames.
r20766 | yexo | 2010-09-08 15:35:54 +0000 (Wed, 08 Sep 2010) | 1 line

-Fix [FS#4112]: action14 data was not used for NewGRFs loaded from a savegame
Just to avoid any misunderstanding, parameter setting works just as well with older versions of the game that does not have the new parameter GUI.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

not a bug as such, but when starting OTTD in debug mode (d4 i think), i get this output:

Code: Select all

dbg: [grf] LoadNewGRFFile: Reading NewGRF-file 'opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf'
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:5] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:6] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:7] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:8] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:9] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:10] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:11] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:12] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:13] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:14] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:15] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:16] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:17] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:18] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:19] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:20] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:21] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:22] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:23] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Froix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Froix »

Aye! Thanks!

OpenTTD does well ignoring the field. There's no limit needed for an off/on type parameter. :)

*problem fixed.
Timmaexx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timmaexx »

Hello,

i think I found a little graphical bug(or glitch?) in OpenGFX+ Trees 0.2 in OpenTTD 1.1.0-beta1:
The tree is more in the water then on the beach...
The tree is more in the water then on the beach...
opengfx+trees_glitch.png (3.52 KiB) Viewed 27116 times
Greets,
Tim
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

This set needs roadside palms! :)
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

alluke wrote:This set needs roadside palms! :)
I think thats controlled by road sets rather than tree sets :wink:
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

jvassie wrote:
alluke wrote:This set needs roadside palms! :)
I think thats controlled by road sets rather than tree sets :wink:
I do not know exact newGRF possibilities but I am sure opengfx+ trees is able to change roadside trees to many different kinds, so palms would work as well I guess
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”