Dutch Bridge Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Dutch Bridge Set

Post by Purno »

I"m thinking about creating a set with Dutch bridges, both rail and road. But I can't get enough info about famous or typical Dutch bridges, so I"m asking you to help me.

I need at least one picture and the name of the bridge. Preferebly I'd also like to know the location of the bridge (city) and wether it's rail or road. Construction year might not be bad either, actually. But I dunno exaclty what the possibilities are for a bridge GRF.

Anyways, I already got these on my list;

Erasmusbrug, Rotterdam, Road, 1996.
IJsselbrug, Zwolle, Rail, 1930
Sint Servaasbrug, Maastricht, Road, 1280
Van Brienenoordbrug, Rotterdam, Road, 1960
Werkspoorbrug, Utrecht, Rail, 2003
Waalbrug, Zaltbommel, Road+Rail 1930 (old one)
Martinus Nijhoffbrug, Zaltbommel, Road, 1996 (new one)
Zeelandbrug, Oosterschelde, Road, 1963

Help me get more; Famour or typically Dutch briges. But not all of the same type, because that would be boring.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Two more, with help from my dad;

Moerdijkbrug, Dordrecht, Road+Rail, 1872
Magere Brug, Amsterdam, Road, 1871
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sorry for double post, but here's some sprites :D
Attachments
Dutch IJsselbrug
Dutch IJsselbrug
IJsselbrug Sprites.PNG (9.78 KiB) Viewed 9066 times
Image Image
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

That is a cool looking bridge. :D

Very nice work, Purno.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Purno wrote:Sorry for double post, but here's some sprites :D
The arc looks a bit weird in the front, like there is some kind of dent in it.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Dude! That's friggin' NICE! 8) Sounds like and ambitious project, Purno, but with your mad skillz it will turn out awsome. I'm really looking forward to this set.

As to what Xeryus posted: I think it might look funky just because of the starkness of the dark green against the white. Dunno.

Cheers, and happy pixel pushing!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Xeryus, arcs are quite hard to draw in isometric view.
Attachments
Dutch Erasmusbrug
Dutch Erasmusbrug
Erasmusbrug Sprites.PNG (8.61 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
Image Image
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Awesome sprites Purno! I know you can make it work :wink:
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, actually I can't. I can only draw things and ask a coder to get it to work :wink:
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Another bridge!

EDIT: Another bridge II
Attachments
Waalbrug (rail) Sprites.PNG
Waalbrug (rail) Sprites.PNG (13.21 KiB) Viewed 8986 times
Dutch Waalbrug
Dutch Waalbrug
Waalbrug (road) Sprites.PNG (12.48 KiB) Viewed 8975 times
Image Image
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

First bridge = WOW! :shock:
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

They all look nice. I think this will be a very viable bridge set, especially as you have an early bridge in it too.
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Those bridges look very nice!
Only the first bridge (IJsselbrug Zwolle) doesn't look right to me. It is too stretched out. It needs to be a bit more compact.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmm.... too long? The first part is 3 tiles long, the second part 2 tiles... I could reduce it to 2 tiles + 1 tile, but I like it as it is TBH. I don't like changing it TBH :/

It's a beautiful bridge to be large, isn't it :tongue:
Image Image
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Purno wrote:It's a beautiful bridge to be large, isn't it :tongue:
No, actually I like the original bridge more because it looks very compact and solid. Your bridge just doesn't look like that, so that it loses it's charmes :(
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, the arc is kinda hard to make more compact. TTD's bridges are very high compared to real life, so the arc would get more rounder as it is, since in TTD the catenary needs to fit underneath it. That bridge took me quite some time, and I like the result. I don't really like to adjust it, TBH. But feel free to do it yourself, I can give you the dev-image, if you want.

EDIT: Another bridge!
Attachments
Dutch Zeelandbrug
Dutch Zeelandbrug
Zeelandbrug Sprites.PNG (8.05 KiB) Viewed 8787 times
Image Image
Mickeye
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Mickeye »

Great work Purno!
Mickeye on devArt | Last.fm || Winner of "Best TT-Forums signature, 2006" award
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

the zeeland brug looks nice Purno, but I think the orange is a bit 'too' orange, (it doesn't look very textured, I can see textures but what happens if you make it more rough?) :wink: :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I had troubles finding the right color in the palette... IMO this orange is the best one considered the real color.
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

IMHO it's a bit too orange too, but OTOH, orange is our country's color :).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”