Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2023

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2022

Post by Fredinho »

My entry:

Attachments
Maracay Transport, 3rd Apr 1964.png
(1.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterOktagon »

A late afternoon in january 1954: Express-Train E 456 is waiting for coupling of an extra drawing loco to be drawn southwards over St.Cohens pass towards Venice.
Adams & Co., 1950-04-15.png
Adams & Co., 1950-04-15.png (256.07 KiB) Viewed 7191 times
Until Next Time

MasterOktagon
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

Discussion about TT engine progress since 1993 (from discord):

Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

I don't see the problem. If you don't like 90 degree turns, just disable them in the settings. As for signals on bridges and tunnels, it is feasible to implement this in OpenTTD, and a couple patches have already done it. I don't know about curves and junctions though.
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

Just showed ignorance & immaturity of few folks: Pilto, Fairlyfloss, reldred (of course there is a need to change/improve something wrong or bad implemented but not always it is trivial to do and not evereyone may need it). Some people are inmature at all to discuss with them on anything. I fully respect other point of view or indifference but I don't like immaturity.
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

luk3Z wrote: 15 Feb 2022 10:52 Just showed ignorance & immaturity of few folks: Pilto, Fairlyfloss, reldred (of course there is a need to change/improve something wrong or bad implemented but not always it is trivial to do and not evereyone may need it). Some people are inmature at all to discuss with them on anything. I fully respect other point of view or indifference but I don't like immaturity.
The irony is that you're saying about showing ignorance and immaturity.. but it's quite immature to bring disagreements from outside into the forum, and onto a completely unrelated topic.
This isn't the place to discuss it, and if you have issues with particular people then you take it up with them personally or away from here.

The post is off-topic as well and has no relevance to this thread. Such discussion shall cease and we'll hear no more of it here. No one wants petty arguments or drama being triggered by meaningless things from outside the forum - Other members shouldn't have to be subjected to that

I trust we have an understanding and we'll hear no more on the matter.
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

Geo Ghost wrote: 15 Feb 2022 11:51
luk3Z wrote: 15 Feb 2022 10:52 Just showed ignorance & immaturity of few folks: Pilto, Fairlyfloss, reldred (of course there is a need to change/improve something wrong or bad implemented but not always it is trivial to do and not evereyone may need it). Some people are inmature at all to discuss with them on anything. I fully respect other point of view or indifference but I don't like immaturity.
The irony is that you're saying about showing ignorance and immaturity.. but it's quite immature to bring disagreements from outside into the forum, and onto a completely unrelated topic.
This isn't the place to discuss it, and if you have issues with particular people then you take it up with them personally or away from here.

The post is off-topic as well and has no relevance to this thread. Such discussion shall cease and we'll hear no more of it here. No one wants petty arguments or drama being triggered by meaningless things from outside the forum - Other members shouldn't have to be subjected to that

I trust we have an understanding and we'll hear no more on the matter.
I agree with you but doesn't my screenshot fit to the "TT Screenshot Competition Rules" ? I thought it does.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

luk3Z wrote: 15 Feb 2022 13:16 I agree with you but doesn't my screenshot fit to the "TT Screenshot Competition Rules" ? I thought it does.
Your screenshot does not fit the current month's theme of Mountain Landscapes.
I'll include it if you insist, but the voters will be looking for mountains.
The other posts subsequent to your post are definitely off-topic and have been reported to a moderator for removal.

Note to participants: The rules mention the theme only with respect to gif images. For clarification, effective beginning with March's contest, the rules will be amended to include the need to submit screenshots that fit the current month's theme.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Nah I think this falls under both external image hosting and extensive editing. Don't think this should fly.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Erato wrote: 15 Feb 2022 14:27 Nah I think this falls under both external image hosting and extensive editing. Don't think this should fly.
Good points! :bow:
luk3Z's posted image is hosted remotely and as such is denied.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

What's the big deal about external hosting? If anything, it relieves the forum server from having to serve a potentially large image file. In any case, the image can be re-uploaded to the forum directly.

There are multiple formal issues with the submission by luk3Z (in fact, at first I didn't realize he intended this as a submission!), but you chose the one that makes the least sense to me.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

odisseus wrote: 15 Feb 2022 16:22 What's the big deal about external hosting? If anything, it relieves the forum server from having to serve a potentially large image file. In any case, the image can be re-uploaded to the forum directly.

There are multiple formal issues with the submission by luk3Z (in fact, at first I didn't realize he intended this as a submission!), but you chose the one that makes the least sense to me.
If an External host for some reason becomes unable to serve an image the forum will display a broken link which will then provoke a lot of "where is the image?" questions.
The forum will accept very large image uploads as attachments but it will not display them. Using the img tags will then resize the image to the maximum 800x600 display size.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

luk3Z wrote: 15 Feb 2022 13:16 I agree with you but doesn't my screenshot fit to the "TT Screenshot Competition Rules" ? I thought it does.
You know full well it doesn't. Putting images of discord chats onto a screenshot, not even within the theme, would not be acceptable 'photoshopping' at the best of the times - even less so now.

Stop trying to cause drama unnecessarily. I've had 3 reports on that post about an argument spilling over from the OTTD Discord (at least one person being the author of one of the posts).
None of us need to see such or be subjected to it. You've been a member nearly as long as I have, and should know better.
If you really want to talk about the progress of a near 30-year old game made for DOS, go and start a topic elsewhere to talk about it (providing it stays civil).

Let this be an end to the matter, or I'll have to start removing posts and consider a warning due to the post potentially targeting other members. Let's just behave and get along.

Apologies to everyone else here for the intrusion. Please carry on with your screenshotting and avoid getting involved with the above as I'd like to see a line drawn under it :)
Stiui79
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stiui79 »

Hi! This is my submission:
Lendhead Pond. Its waters feed the hydroelectric power station. From the restaurant you can go trekking.
Attachments
SOTM-feb2022.png
(1.3 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

All along the International Dateline the time is 00:00:00:00 and the last Wednesday in February 2022 is gone forever.
Submissions are CLOSED for February 2022.
Here are the submissions.
Voting is OPEN for February 2022.
ebla71 wrote:A train on the Albula line of the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) in the Swiss Alps is on its way between St. Moritz and Filisur through the many curves and viaducts required to gain high, with Bergün station to the left already at 1372 meters, still almost 400 meters below the final destination.
Fredinho wrote:My entry:
MasterOktagon wrote:A late afternoon in january 1954: Express-Train E 456 is waiting for coupling of an extra drawing loco to be drawn southwards over St.Cohens pass towards Venice.
Stiui79 wrote:Lendhead Pond. Its waters feed the hydroelectric power station. From the restaurant you can go trekking.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Voting is CLOSED for February's contest.
We have a winner ... ebla71. :bow:
A PM has been sent. :D
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

wallyweb wrote: 01 Mar 2022 12:11 Voting is CLOSED for February's contest.
We have a winner ... ebla71. :bow:
A PM has been sent. :D
Wow - really feel honoured for first time winning this contest. Will come back to wallyweb some time in the late evening with a suggestion for a new topic. Have some idea but would like to look up what has been suggested in the last 2-3 years and also outline it a bit more.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - March 2022

Post by wallyweb »

We have a new theme for March 2022 ...

Submissions are OPEN for "In a far away country"

ebla71 has provided a description of the theme to help you with your creativity. 8)
ebla71 wrote:So far, most people seem to submit screenshots which more or less reflect the place where they live, which is often temperate climate. Therefore, I would like to see places that are far away from where you live and use all the nice NewGRF that are there like Japanese, DPRK, whatever. Also notably absent most of the time are desert/tropical. First thought of "in an exotic country" but due to the international audience of OTTD, what is exotic to one user is home to another, therefore this alternative theme. And needless to say that personally I most enjoy realistic scenarios. So, let's "undust" the NewGRFs that you might not have used for a while, travel to "a far away country" and share your trip with us.
Book your travel arrangements now. :D

Note that as mentioned earlier, a new rule has been added to the rules in the first post.
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Congrats, ebla71! Fun theme, too :)
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

I've lived in the US Southwest for some time but now it is far away from my current coordinates and also I want to take you not only "to a far away place" but also back in time:
The Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad Co. was opened in 1905 to help transport gold (what else?) from some remote parts of Nevada first to Reno and then to the coasts. Also some people tried to graze cattle in this remote place or otherwise make a living. Still, the traffic can be handled by a single mixed train which is seen here just approaching Goldfield station. A passenger coach, a few flat cars, and a caboose - that's all. After the engineers have put the loco in the small shed they will certainly head for the saloon next to the station to also "re-fill" a bit :lol: Just wonder what the cart is pulling up to the church on the hill :?: There were rumors that somebody had tried to illegally enter the McGregor mine in the hills next to Red Rock Canyon - and ya know, people here tend not to wait for the sheriff so maybe ... or maybe not?
Attachments
Treningway Transport, 1922-08-31.png
(694.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”