North American Industry Set - Updated Tracking Table

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: North American Industry Set

Post by PikkaBird »

What industries are drawn so far?

Since I now have PBI as a base, I think it's time to start coding. :P
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

I'm half done a few of them. Now that you're free to code, I'll start moving, soon.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The Lumber Camp is done (Snowy version to be added) on my end, and Oz did a farm. Oz, any progress on the Steel Mill? :D
Jonatan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jonatan »

Eh, just a question. How would you load a car into a boxcar? I'd say flatcars would be better suited.

And great work guys!

/Jonatan
If you can't read this it's because you have no invisible ink de-invisibilizer.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Jonatan wrote:Eh, just a question. How would you load a car into a boxcar? I'd say flatcars would be better suited.
One would think so except that flatcars are exposed to the elements. Consequently the earlier car carriers were indeed boxcars but they had wider doors than usual.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Special "Automobile" boxcars were designed with double doors and 2 levels. a ramp was used to drive the autos to the second deck.
Jonatan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jonatan »

Oh, well that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

/Jonatan
If you can't read this it's because you have no invisible ink de-invisibilizer.
REISCOOL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by REISCOOL »

DanMacK wrote: Oil Sands - Below Snowline
=========================
Accepts: Nothing
Produces: Oil
Just a suggestion

oil sands should accept heavy macinery parts. i say parts because the large dump trucks they use are too big to carry alltogether, and bringing replacement parts to keep production up would make gameplay more interesting :wink:
testing 1 2 4 err... 1 2 3
Why wont BBCode work in my signature!
The Spirit Project Main Site
Packer
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Packer »

wallyweb wrote:
Jonatan wrote:Eh, just a question. How would you load a car into a boxcar? I'd say flatcars would be better suited.
One would think so except that flatcars are exposed to the elements. Consequently the earlier car carriers were indeed boxcars but they had wider doors than usual.
Some cars they just drove the cars into the box car. I have a magazine article on that.
norfolksouthern37
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by norfolksouthern37 »

sounds like tons of fun! :)
Packer
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Packer »

I had an Idea for the industry set.

If possible could we have a parameter that multiplies the amount of goods produced by a factory/industry by the value of the parameter. i.e. 1 is defaut, and production of factories is 1 times what it normally is. This woud mainly be to get some good sized trains in it.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Updated my website with a preliminary tracking table for the North American Industry set. This isn't set in stone by any means, and I'm working on developing a chain for all these commodities as well. The WIP tracking table is **HERE** Suggestions are welcomed

Currently there are 30 cargoes, this is to provide room for the regearing option available in the NARS, which uses a cargo slot. Once again, this isn't set in stone and can be modified.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Industry Set - Updated Tracking Table

Post by wallyweb »

Where do the nitrates come from?

Also, George is dropping potash from his ECS Industries. Maybe you can swing a deal to buy out his potash mines. 8)
onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

wallyweb wrote:Where do the nitrates come from?
Well, there's this orifice on the back side of an animal... :roll:
I had no idea American cows sh** that much you needed a train to transport it.
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Nitrates would be supplied by livestock farms and would combine with Potash for fertilizer. This may or may not happen though, I've been considering taking the same course of action as George. I'd like to add an aluminum chain, but as there are really no aluminum mines in North America, it would have to be imported via a port industry. As I said, this is open for discussion and revision.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It seems to me that with an industry list that huge, it would practically have to be an OTTD thing, because the TTD maps aren't big enough for them all.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

DanMacK wrote:Nitrates would be supplied by livestock farms and would combine with Potash for fertilizer. This may or may not happen though, I've been considering taking the same course of action as George. I'd like to add an aluminum chain, but as there are really no aluminum mines in North America, it would have to be imported via a port industry. As I said, this is open for discussion and revision.
I've seen some pictures of huuuge piles of sulphur in a Canadian port, it is a byproduct of oil extraction, if I'm not wrong. The USA is also the largest producer and consumer of phoshpate rock. And there's a P in the NPK fertilizer composition code...
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Well, the set's being designed for both OTTD and TTDP... And I'm not sure about the fertilizer chain as I said, but we'll see.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

onodera wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Where do the nitrates come from?
Well, there's this orifice on the back side of an animal... :roll:
That gas is called Methane. Help prevent global warming. Eat a cow. :lol:
I had no idea American cows sh** that much you needed a train to transport it.
Oh! You meant the semi solid stuff ... cow chips! Give them a couple of weeks to solidify and they make for great frisbies! And they save on plastic as well, so they are a green toy for the kids to play with. :mrgreen:
DanMack wrote:Nitrates would be supplied by livestock farms and would combine with Potash for fertilizer. This may or may not happen though,I've been considering taking the same course of action as George.
Stay away from my toy factory .. erm ... farm. :P
Potash must remain. It is a major industry in Canada and its transportation is a major source of income for CN.
I'd like to add an aluminum chain, but as there are really no aluminum mines in North America, it would have to be imported via a port industry. As I said, this is open for discussion and revision.
Bauxite is the mineral you must import. Aluminum Oxide is extracted from bauxite, but this requires a lot of energy, hence the location of aluminum smelters in Canada where hydroelectric power is both abundant and cheap. Lookie here! :D
krtaylor wrote:It seems to me that with an industry list that huge, it would practically have to be an OTTD thing, because the TTD maps aren't big enough for them all.
Wanna bet? :mrgreen: I have a recent save game that has the maximum 90 industries built and that features all of George's ECS Industries. Ask mart3p. I used it to test the ISR stations and he has seen it. The only reason I quit the game is that feederservice appears to be broken on the money side.
Last edited by wallyweb on 13 Apr 2008 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”