..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Well, this is how it should be. The 3rd rail type (i.e. the Megalev) should be replaced by a new type which called "High Speed Railway". These elctric locomotives should be built in the megalev depot since they are High Speed type. So there is no problem with it.

The only problem here that the development stopped.
Damn! where the hell is sanchimaru. If no one takes his place here, this project will die.

Mods, could you please add to the title of the topic somthing like: "[Artist is needed]" ?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is there much more art required? I thought basically everything was drawn, and that we just needed some stats.

Also, maybe Owen has a way of telling us which forum members are Spanish? Even if they can't draw, possibly they could find the missing stats. I asked in the French thread (since France is next to Spain), and they did have some knowledge, but they said it was of the things we already had stats for.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

I reckon the high-speed tracks are to be the same as the Shinkansen tracks from the JPSet. I'm pretty sure this was Sanchi's intention. I say code those into the set, much like the NG rails in the CanSet. Aegir should have sprite sets for them.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Sounds reasonable to me. I'm just not sure if they use the correct grass, since the Japan set has special grass.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

The highspeed tracks Sanchimaru made are similar to the shinkansen tracks coded for the Japan Set, but they are different.

The sprites should be in this thread, I have seen them around here before.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
kaminari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kaminari »

I've managed to work the set on the Nightly TTDPatch with speedrail.zip available from Death on page 50.

I'm spanish, but I have no experience with NFO. What I'm trying is to make the set work fine on OTTD. As I said on previous page, there are problems with the set and the speedrails. When you install speedrails.grf (wich works fine on TTDPatch) the results are not what you expect.

By other hand, if instead starting the game with spainset and speedtrack you only start the game with speedtrack, then the monorail's activated with the speedtrack sprites except for bridges maybe because they where not changed from monorail yet, isn't it?

Then if you try to activate the spainset, everything gets upside down :cry: so at monorail's depot there are trains musn't be even no passenger car available, and at the electric train depot, there are too much missing trains even obsolete trains.

Finally, I type resetengines at the console, and all trains but an iron ore wagon dissapears, meanwile at the electric rail train depot all the available models are restored to the correct ones corresponding at the spainset.grf. But still missing the AVE's, and other speed trains.

¡New URL!

More info in this treat
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

kaminari wrote:By other hand, if instead starting the game with spainset and speedtrack you only start the game with speedtrack, then the monorail's activated with the speedtrack sprites except for bridges maybe because they where not changed from monorail yet, isn't it?
true.
I see there are also some problems when these files are loaded on OpenTTD. I'll try to fix those problems...
krtaylor wrote:Is there much more art required? I thought basically everything was drawn, and that we just needed some stats.
Right, to finish the train set we don't need artists... :oops:
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Woah, it's been a while...

Sorry for the long absence! this time I will try and stick around a little bit more :D
I won't have so much spare time as I used to, but still I can get some work done!

I have heared that some stats are missing, please let me know, so that I can try and get them smehow.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Welcome back Sanchimaru! :o
Where the hell have you been? It's like ages have pasted.

by the way,
the excel file:
Attachments
renfetech.xls
(227.5 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I've been checking the file. Seems that we are missing the HP for some of the engines. I will try to retrieve that information from the skyscrapper forums.

Is there any other data missing?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I can't see wagons data in XLS. I don't remember have I posted data. If not, I'll search for them and post.
And Sanchi, welcome back. :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Coyote, thanks a lot! It's been a while :D

Well, I asked and the data from the XLS about the power in HP seems to be fine as it is. I take it that what we needed were the numbers marked in yellow, isn't it?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, where are we? Has all the required data been provided (or fudged)?

It sounds like we would have a full public release shortly. And that brings up the issue of a public website.

I could probably host a public website for the Spain set. However, I'm not going to attempt to actually make one, because I know basically nothing about Spanish trains. Sanchimaru does, but he doesn't know HTML. I would gladly send the HTML of my various public set website (e.g. the US set) over to someone, if it would help give them something to work off of. I could post the result on my server (though it's getting a bit full). But I can't give you your own login. So maybe, it might be better to have it hosted on orudge's server (that runs the ttforums)?

But first, we need a volunteer, anybody interested?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I hope I understood correctly: site for Spain set will look like sites for Planeset, Japan set, and US set? It's very nice template! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It could look like that, IF someone is willing to make the site - I will send them all the code for the US Set's site that they can "modify" to turn it into a Spanish site. But I, personally, am not going to do the site, because I know nothing about Spain or Spanish trains, so I don't have a good idea of the proper graphic appearance.

BTW, if we are still missing any essential loco stats, read this post:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=573863#573863
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I will look for those stats.

However, I have no idea about web pages... :(
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, well, maybe I can knock together the HTML if I have some help with the graphics... I'll send you an email. If anybody else wants to volunteer, though, don't be shy!
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Thanks for the update on the site. I have to work more on the banner, but I'll work it out.

In the meantime, I have began drawing the next part of the set: environment and architecture.
I have drawin some brick warehouses and this wholesale food market:
Attachments
mercado.png
mercado.png (8.97 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Looks really good, and quite different from anything else in TTD!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Hey! This is very nice! :D

Return to “Graphics Development”