ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use ECS with TTDP?

I use ECS under TTDP
3%
I use ECS under TTDP and OTTD
4%
I use ECS under OTTD
93%

Total votes: 166

Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, I, for one, think it's a wonderful piece of art and a great little bit of experimentation against the 'standard' of graphical drawing. The shorter one is definitely better, but I really like the way you've made the effort to mix and match with perspectives and setups.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see it in normal perspective, if that's what you want to do at a later date.

Kudos, in my opinion.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

railwaymodeler wrote:I like the short version, it fits TTD a bit more. Having never seena castle in person though, I can't really say how much bigger they would be than a standard factory like the one TTD uses.
Factories are very big in reality, They are truncated a lot in TTD to fit in the map. The castle should be smaller.
railwaymodeler wrote:Looks very good though. Will this be used with the tourist cargo?
Yes. I also hope that other artists would contribute some more industries for tourists
Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Awesome graphics, too bad it's diagonally orientated, makes it less beautiful.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Purno wrote:Awesome graphics, too bad it's diagonally orientated, makes it less beautiful.
I thought that making it diagonal will make it to look original :cry:
Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Diagonal graphics usually look ... well... ugly IMO.
Tho, I can see you put a lot of work in that castle, and you certainly got talent. I think it'd look übercool when it's not in | or _ view, but rather follows TT's dimensions (/ amd \ view), if you get what I mean.

This castle is not ugly, but I think it could look even better. I could be wrong though. Keep up the good work!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I prefer the big one since the back part is at angle, you can see the side of it and so looks less flat. Only it should be wider. Try adding some more stuff. I suggest 'darker white', to fit with rest of TTD buildings brightness even original building is white. Good job. (Now I know what keeps you so busy!)
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Well, I've almost finished the castle. I have to fix some problems with coding, but graphics almost done, may be I'll make roofs darker, may be not.
I'd like to thank Zimmlock for help with shadows and Oz for stones.
Attachments
castle4.png
castle4.png (56.09 KiB) Viewed 6998 times
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

George, you never cease to amaze me. 8)
LittleHelper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LittleHelper »

George wrote:Well, I've almost finished the castle. I have to fix some problems with coding, but graphics almost done, may be I'll make roofs darker, may be not.
I'd like to thank Zimmlock for help with shadows and Oz for stones.
Thanks to everybody who worked for creating this nice castle, esp. to George. :bow:
Looking forward to improve my tourists destinations.

regards
LH
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

I hope you are not too busy with testing TTRS3.02 and would do some tests for ECS Agricultural and Wood vectors beta 2 too. I've reduced production by 4.
The vectors.rar contains the xls files with the planned amounts of production.
Attachments
vectors.rar
(65.33 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
ECSAgriw.rar
(170.47 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
ECSWoodw.rar
(127.92 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

and dos ones (are they required?)

2Snail: Please check the French and Italian translations. (decode the GRF and look the beginning of the NFO file)
Attachments
ECSWood.rar
(127.05 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
ECSAgri.rar
(169.59 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
ECSTown.rar
(138.7 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Last edited by George on 11 Apr 2007 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

I've also completed the beta version of the castles code. It requires the sloped land as represented on the image, but a special code allows it to emulate this landscape on the different one. That means only light green tiles should be correct, while the red ones can be raised up or down. Currently it does not work correct in the transparent mode, but I'll fix it later. Also it does not produce anything, I'll add the later. Now I'm testing only the location on the map.
Waiting for you bug reports :)

P.S. I was not lucky enough to get it in the random game, but you can try. Let me know if you get one.
Attachments
castle4-base.png
castle4-base.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 6818 times
castle-map.png
castle-map.png (52.35 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
ECSTownw.rar
(139.46 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Hey George! WOOT!

Your castle sure does look good.
I tried it out in the scenario editor and it is fine.
I am in the process of making a new scenario where I have just the place for it! I'll post pictures in a couple of days when I'm done.

You may want to add a note that to build it you have to place the cursor over the very back tile.

:D :D :D :D :D

Sneaky! Very sneaky! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=31417 :lol:
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

George wrote:2Snail: Please check the French and Italian translations. (decode the GRF and look the beginning of the NFO file)
Will do... however, I have no idea about how to decode a .GRF, is there any tool I have to use? :oops:

Also, for some reason I cannot start TTDPatch in any language other than English... although my Windows (emulated through Parallels Desktop) is an Italian version!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Snail wrote:Will do... however, I have no idea about how to decode a .GRF, is there any tool I have to use?
grfcodec.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

wallyweb wrote:Your castle sure does look good.
That's because Zimmlock and Oz helped me. I hope I'll do some improvements too (later). I mean to improve the colours of the roofs.
wallyweb wrote:I tried it out in the scenario editor and it is fine.
Did you try the correct landscape or incorrect too?
wallyweb wrote:I am in the process of making a new scenario where I have just the place for it!
A map of Europe? :P
wallyweb wrote:You may want to add a note that to build it you have to place the cursor over the very back tile.
That is correct for all the industries, not only for the castle. The northernmost tile is the location of the industry.
wallyweb wrote:Sneaky! Very sneaky! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=31417
You have params (0 - on, 1- off) :rool:
1 remove allow all cargoes and industries
2 snow lines
3 new intro screens
Snail wrote:
George wrote:2Snail: Please check the French and Italian translations. (decode the GRF and look the beginning of the NFO file)
Will do... however, I have no idea about how to decode a .GRF, is there any tool I have to use? :oops:
grfcodec?
Snail wrote:Also, for some reason I cannot start TTDPatch in any language other than English... although my Windows (emulated through Parallels Desktop) is an Italian version!
I use a special grf to force Russian. May be you should ask Csaboka to make one for Italian for you?
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Your castle sure does look good.
That's because Zimmlock and Oz helped me. I hope I'll do some improvements too (later). I mean to improve the colours of the roofs.
Looks good to me as it is. :D
George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:I tried it out in the scenario editor and it is fine.
Did you try the correct landscape or incorrect too?
No ... but I will.
George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:I am in the process of making a new scenario where I have just the place for it!
A map of Europe? :P
Heh ... No ... I like to invent my own little worlds. :wink:
George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Sneaky! Very sneaky! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=31417
2 snow lines
3 new intro screens
I did not know that. Are the defaults all 0?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

wallyweb wrote:
George wrote:
2 snow lines
3 new intro screens
I did not know that. Are the defaults all 0?
Yes
Image Image Image Image
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Very nice work! :shock:
Though I can't manage to get the castle working. Am I missing something? It should appear in the "fund new insdustry" window, right?

I'm using (nightly) ttdpatch r1486
Attachments
The other ECS vectors are working fine.
The other ECS vectors are working fine.
others.png (102.93 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(32.87 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
townvector.png
townvector.png (14.85 KiB) Viewed 6309 times

Return to “Graphics Development”