Additional stops...

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Additional stops...

Post by eis_os »

wallyweb wrote:Uh oh! I'm about to jump into this with relish. 8)
Unfortunately, waypoints are not available for roads and I don't think they are possible without a ton of patch dev work.
However, I do have a workaround. First, I build a railroad waypoint beside the tile where I want a road waypoint. Then I build drivethrough truck and bus stations as part of the railroad waypoint station. Finally I destroy the railroad waypoint. The bus and truck stops inherit and retain the waypoint effect and vehicles pass through without stopping/loading/unloading..
Hmm, reminds me that the gui is still not there :(

The problem is that TTD(Patch) vehicles currently only know go to a station.... Trac doesn't like me, so I can find the order patches if they would allow a new order type "waypoint"
I guess JGR could give more useful informations..
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:You´d have to talk to George. 8)
George is the Minister of newstations? :(
eis_os wrote:I guess JGR could give more useful informations..
Paging Mr. JGR ... Paging Mr. JGR ... :mrgreen:
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Did someone say my name?

Why doesn't trac like you Oskar, it works fine for me...

Conceptually, there is no reason why road vehicles could not be ordered to go via a tile point, or for non-stop orders to be added for road vehicles.
The advorders switch can be extended more or less indefinitely for more arcane types of orders after all...

What I used to do for waypoints for road vehicles is to use road depots along the way, this also helped mitigate breakdown chaos.

(One thing I would add is that surely unbreaking aRVs should be done before giving them more arcane orders)...
I don't think that I've got a single intact aRV in my current game.

If someone can think of a simple and elegant way of doing it, I may eventually get round to coding it in...

---
Note that I may not be able to code stuff straight away as I have a few things to do...
I really need to do some studying for tomorrow's Japanese lesson :/
and I have work for Friday, and then work for Monday, then some for Tuesday, ad infinitum...
I have uni admin I've been procrastinating about as well...
:| *sighs*
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote:I really need to do some studying for tomorrow's Japanese lesson
So that would explain the character codes in your sig. :wink:
Looks like you have a heavy schedule that should ease up as each step is met, however in my experience, somebody keeps adding more rungs to the ladder. :wink:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I agree with JGR; I see no reason that road vehicles couldn't be given -- with nonstop on -- non-stop orders.

But I think the easiest solution would be to add another option to the adjacentstations dialog when building drive-through road stops.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

DaleStan wrote:I agree with JGR; I see no reason that road vehicles couldn't be given -- with nonstop on -- non-stop orders.

But I think the easiest solution would be to add another option to the adjacentstations dialog when building drive-through road stops.
I kinda like this one as well! At the end of the day what I'm really looking for is a way to have a different graphics to use when setting up a route for road vehicles, be it a waypoint, a bus-/truck stop, or whatever! :)
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Another way to get functionality that is already accessible is one thing.

New graphics is an entirely different matter. Unfortunately.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

When you have a problem you call the expert!
SAC knows how to deal with that. :wink:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

You can bodge a road waypoint in TTDP, build a rail waypoint, attach a drive through road/truck stop then remove the rail waypoint and all the RVs ordered to go there will be unable to stop there but wizz through.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I can't find any reference to this in the patch (maybe i need to look harder) so im assuming that it was never completed and added to the nightlies?? Is there any chance of it being completed or is it indefinetly postponed?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Return to “Suggestions”