Hej

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

sorest
Engineer
Engineer

Hej

Post by sorest »

Hi. I use TTDX Configurator 2,8,9 And have windows XP proffesional. When I start the game and opening game options and click on new graphics status and GRF Status appeir. The GRF:s coming up in grey boxes witck means error I understand. When I click on one of them for exemple Total Town Repacement Set v3.02a it says File newgrf/TTRS3W.GRF has invalid sprite #4,439. and so on. Please advise!

Best Regards
Sven Orest :cry:
Last edited by sorest on 13 Apr 2009 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hej

Post by Benny »

Only english on the forums please.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

In Swedish:

Hej och välkommen! Jag rekommenderar att du använder engelska, eftersom du får mycket fler svar så. Jag har inget direkt svar på ditt problem, men jag lämnar en engelsk översättning här så kanske någon annan kan ge ett bättre svar.

In English:

Hi, and welcome! I'd recommend using English, as you will fetch a lot more answers that way. I don't have an immediate answer to your question, but I have translated it, and hopefully someone else can give a better answer.

"Hello I'm using TTDX Configurator 2,8,9 and have windows XP professional. When I start the game and open Game Options and click on New Graphics Status I see a lot of grey boxes. What should I do? Please help!!"
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

These forums are primarily English, as such it is preferred if you use English, feel free to pm using in another language assuming you can both understand that language.

Which version of TTDPatch are you using, if its pre-beta (2.5 aX) or a nightly (2.6 branch) it is built without language support, however I do not understand how that works, as I've never read the code around it.
I'd suggest you try using English as the language (as that has the most text strings correctly entered in alphas) and see if that helps.
If you are playing with a 2.5 beta that should have language support for most common languages built into it, in which case I have no idea as to what the issue could be.

Hope that helps,
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:pre-beta (2.5 aX) or a nightly (2.6 branch) it is built without language support
What do you mean by "language support"?

It's rather hard to to build TTDPatch without all its language data, and completely impossible to build a functional TTDPatch without at least one set of language data.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I remember that quite a lot of the alphas lack full language support, if you will.
Quite a lot of newer features tend not to have any translations yet, though why there'd be none on the menu system, I do not know.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

TTDPatch (makelang, actually) will use the English string if no translation is provided.

To debug this, I suspect we need the entire output of set. (Run it from a command-line.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Seeing as how your original question has not been fully addressed:
We'll need more information:
1. Which version of TTDPatch are you using?
2. Post your newgrf.cfg and your ttdpatchw.grf here as attachments.
3. In the GRF Status window, turn off all the grf's and then turn them on one at a time until you arrive at an error. Post here a screenshot (converted from .pcx to .png format) of your GRF Status window.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”