OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - Revived

Post by LordAzamath »

Nickman wrote:This is looking really great!
Some nice grf's have been made ;).

I would like to make a suggestion for the wiki:

Maybe it would be a good idea to upload the real graphics files (in png or wathever you guys use?) somwhere so they don't get lost in the progress?
Also, I think it would be better if you could provide download links on the wiki? Or is the plan to make one big .grf file when all is done?

Anyway, keep up the good work!!
Check the first post before you post...
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Nickman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nickman »

I did check the first post, and it sais nothing about my questions/suggestions about the wiki page... ;)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Well, links to download locations are actually in the wiki already. Just click the number after each entry and it will take you to the location.

And that means that the real graphics are already uploaded somewhere: they're inside the grf files and easy to get out of it. I was not planning on uploading my working file somewhere. That's a complete mess, and probably not useful to anyone...
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Nickman wrote:I did check the first post, and it sais nothing about my questions/suggestions about the wiki page... ;)
There is a link to wiki..In wiki there is table. In that table there is a tab -> link...Under that, you see something like this [7] or sth... click it and be impressed..;)

7of9...I tried it out and it seems you are right :(..I post the grf here so maybe someone can test it on TTDPatch...If thee it's ok, then it's time for another bug-report..And if it IS a bug, it seems to be very old..I downloaded an ancient nightly (r8396) to test it but the problem stayed...

EDIT: and for guys who demand another screenshot or don't know what I'm talking about..

EDIT2. Removed GRF because there could be guys who start asking why this isn't listed in the second post.
Attachments
chimeara_problem.png
chimeara_problem.png (37.85 KiB) Viewed 6844 times
Last edited by LordAzamath on 06 Jan 2008 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Please post (a link to) the original PCX file used for the first encoding; it may have been malformed.

In any case, GRFCodec did not like it. Massage it through The GIMP, or ensure its width is a multiple of 4.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Yes, thanks DaleStan.. I made it to be 80*400 and all problems were gone.. So 7of9, I won't be coding it again :) I would need to put the offsets right.. Just make sure your dimensions are multiple of 4.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

the original is about 10 posts back :) but ill try to use the mutiple-of-4 thing :)

edit;

one file was 319 tiles wide, when i made it 320 the problem were gone :)

edit again; here is a grf with the maglev. The engine is Action A'ed, and the wagons are Action 1+2+3+0 since they are shared with monorail.

Screenie on how it looks in the terrain as well :)
But; is it just me, or are there a slight "wierd" artifact on the grasstiles where i've circled it out?
Attachments
8bbp-chimera.pcx
Graphic File
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
mag-done.PNG
mag-done.PNG (43.05 KiB) Viewed 8567 times
OpenGFX_-_newTrains_-_maglev_v0.2.grf
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 991 times
Last edited by DJ Nekkid on 06 Jan 2008 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the
ImageImage
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

7of9 wrote:the original is about 10 posts back :) but ill try to use the mutiple-of-4 thing :)

edit;

one file was 319 tiles wide, when i made it 320 the problem were gone :)

edit again; here is a grf with the maglev. The engine is Action A'ed, and the wagons are Action 1+2+3+0 since they are shared with monorail.

Screenie on how it looks in the terrain as well :)
But; is it just me, or are there a slight "wierd" artifact on the grasstiles where i've circled it out?
But those wagons..do they refit for chimeara only? because still other lev trains use that wagon..hmm gonna try that out. :)

EDIT: And for naming convention I would suggest OpenGFX_-_newTrains_-_maglev_v0.1.grf ;)

EDIT: I think you should make other maglevs then too :)...and wagons ;)
Attachments
:)
muhaw.png (7.45 KiB) Viewed 6697 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

edited to fit a "proper" name, and no, atm all maglev trains use the sprites for pax+mail+armor :) it's temporary or something anyway. Atleast until something else is drawn and coded.

Perhaps I should draw a general pax/mail/armored wagon next :)
Member of the
ImageImage
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

You can draw white wagons too...And make other maglevs somewhat white...or atleast ending with white and stripe...

BTW, what's the difference in armored and post wagons?
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

graphicly, nothing...
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

And now for something completely different. Maglev stations! Try to spot a straight line in those roofs :wink:
Attachments
station-maglev.png
station-maglev.png (11.7 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

put a chimera under thoose and see if it fits :)
Member of the
ImageImage
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Athanasios..you should update toyland road depot..It has grfID LA13 (13th grf by me, LordAzamath), but this is reserved for Ship Depot...generally a good idea is to make it unique, for you maybe AP (Arthur Pallas) or AT (Athanasios) (and the number..)..Like AT45..Just decode the grf and replace LA13 with your unique ID :)..PS. Don't add spaces there, it has to be w/o spaces.
And newRoadDepots released by you have ID LA13 too...Not good..If you want to use my ID then LA11 is avilable...

EDIT: And Zephyris your latest Toyland terrain shares GrfID with your latest OpenIndustries release...
EDIT: I just looked through it..Your latest newinfrastructure was v0.1 ? I can't find the next one...
Last edited by LordAzamath on 06 Jan 2008 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

7of9 wrote:put a chimera under thoose and see if it fits :)
Like this? Seems to fit just nicely :P
Attachments
station-maglev+train.png
station-maglev+train.png (12.66 KiB) Viewed 6581 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Why are you teasing us? :( Release it!!! :D We need it..Urgently :D Actually too..
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

lordazamath wrote:Why are you teasing us? :( Release it!!! :D We need it..Urgently :D Actually too..
No can do. Other direction is not completely finished yet. And then there's this ugly stuff that happens when you remove one track from a double track station. That needs to be fixed first, because the next GRF will get my 'mark of approval' i.e. it get's a somewhat 'final' status.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Re: richk67
How are you defining a derivative work? Do you mean "drawing the same object"? How much copyright can be claimed of a four walled shed with a ridge roof?

Re: lordazamath
The toyland terrain GRFID clash doesn't matter as newTerrain v0.3 includes all those sprites... And newInfrastructure v0.1 is the latest release, I will release a new one with the complete rail/monorail/maglev/road stations and depots. I think it is a good idea to amalgamate grfs for releases like this for simple distribution of complete graphics sets.

Re: FooBar
Again, really beautiful stuff!
Bugs I have noticed:
Monorail "\" (NW ---> SE) orientation single square wide station doesn't have company colour.
Removing one track from a double rail station doesn't look good, but I assume you know this one!
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Awesome work Gents. Foobar, Im liking the new stations. I especially love the Maglev one!
7of9, super work on the Maglev!

8)
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

These stations look awesome :shock:

Maybe the maglev one could use a bit more cc (it has so few compared to the other two...) but other than that, mighty awesome :D
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”