Anyone thought of OpenTTD records?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Clanority
Engineer
Engineer

Anyone thought of OpenTTD records?

Post by Clanority »

I know there probably is somewhere but I wanna set my own records like highest income in 1 year highest playtime on the steam version of OpenTTD ect… so this post should just be about setting records for others to beat, so go to the game and just set a record!
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Anyone thought of OpenTTD records?

Post by odisseus »

Not sure if this would be satisfactory for you, but the game has a high score chart.
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ahyangyi »

Digressing, but I like the juxtaposition of your avatars :D
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Clanority wrote: 20 May 2024 20:45 I know there probably is somewhere but I wanna set my own records like highest income in 1 year highest playtime on the steam version of OpenTTD ect… so this post should just be about setting records for others to beat, so go to the game and just set a record!
CityMania might be what you're looking for ;)

https://citymania.org/
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I think speedrunning OpenTTD sort of takes away the beauty of it :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Maximum enjoyment is the only OpenTTD metric that matters to me.

Screenshot_20240526_231859.png
Screenshot_20240526_231859.png (541.69 KiB) Viewed 463 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Clanority wrote: 20 May 2024 20:45 I know there probably is somewhere but I wanna set my own records like highest income in 1 year highest playtime on the steam version of OpenTTD ect… so this post should just be about setting records for others to beat, so go to the game and just set a record!
The challenge in this is that you can modify the game so much that any measurements are impossible to compare. You'd need to set some specific rules for any records to be meaningful, probably to the degree of having a fixed scenario to be able to really compare.

Citymania as Andy suggests is one way to do it, since that forces some specific rules on you.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

jfs wrote: 27 May 2024 13:13 You'd need to set some specific rules for any records to be meaningful, probably to the degree of having a fixed scenario to be able to really compare.
if there is demand you could could even setup a quick dirty OTTD: Tournament Edition which disables things like cheats in the game, so people trying to get on the record list you have to use that version.
But then you also still run into them needing to prove it, and there's ways around that too...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “General OpenTTD”