Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by wallyweb »

Leanden wrote:Well i'll put my submission in first, (my first ever i believe):

The massive Nowy Styl furniture factory inspired by the real life Factory in Rzepedz, Poland.
WOW! That was fast! :shock:
And a perfect fit for the theme as well. :D
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I might as well. Is this sufficiently close to the town? It's definitely located outside it. If the authors feel this is no good, I will go home and find a better one!

We have steam, diesel and electric trains running in this photo too!
Attachments
potatismos.png
potatismos.png (569.76 KiB) Viewed 982 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
doikdi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by doikdi »

Is this sufficiently close to the town?
It is fine by me. Town - checked, Industry - checked :)

Also, i want to ask wallyweb if his mind was strictly on a town , or we can go with a small village also :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

doikdi wrote:Also, i want to ask wallyweb if his mind was strictly on a town , or we can go with a small village also :)
Good question. I used "Town" in it's generic sense so a small village is good too. :D
Chrill wrote:I might as well. Is this sufficiently close to the town? It's definitely located outside it. If the authors feel this is no good, I will go home and find a better one!
No need to run home. I see one small town and one big industry. That looks good. This month is shaping up to another great contest. :D
doikdi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by doikdi »

My entry for June competition.
Attachments
EMi Logistics.png
Just a normal day for this small logging village, while the local cowboy is searching for his herd that ran away while he was having a drink. :)
(738.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RAD750
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RAD750 »

My first entry! Taken from my main game, (kind of) based on the region where I live.
Attachments
The steel mill in San Lorenzo al Mare is the biggest of its kind in the entire country.<br />The &quot;worker's village&quot; as it is called forms a perfect harmony with the heavy industry. The steel plant is served by an electrified railway: a steel coils train is leaving the plant while an empty ore train hauled by a new E.632 &quot;Tiger&quot; locomotive waits.<br />The main station being freight-only, passengers travel on a local diesel line. Regional train 21057 hauled by a D.445 is seen stopped at the platform, waiting to depart for Genova Brignole.
The steel mill in San Lorenzo al Mare is the biggest of its kind in the entire country.
The "worker's village" as it is called forms a perfect harmony with the heavy industry. The steel plant is served by an electrified railway: a steel coils train is leaving the plant while an empty ore train hauled by a new E.632 "Tiger" locomotive waits.
The main station being freight-only, passengers travel on a local diesel line. Regional train 21057 hauled by a D.445 is seen stopped at the platform, waiting to depart for Genova Brignole.
FS.png (899.27 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Last edited by RAD750 on 13 Jun 2016 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

RAD750 wrote: My first entry! Taken from my main game, (kind of) based on the region where I live.
Welcome to the competition, very nice shot you have there. :)

However, you might want to look at your palette settings, there are pink pixels on your electric locomotives. To fix them, find out what NewGRF it's from and try switching the palette. If it's from the default vehicles I'm not sure what could cause it.
RAD750
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RAD750 »

Thanks!
These locomotives (which I renamed to E.444R and E.632) are from the "Brianum SH50/SH60" NewGRF. It also appears on the "Brianum X2014/Millennium Z2" newGRF (additional monorail engines). They've always been that way, and I've tried altering the palette on one or both the NewGRFs and it didn't do anything. It's a shame because (in conjunction with my evil NewGRF that lets monorail stock run on normal rail) it gives you the opportunity to have faster locomotives without overhauling ALL the rolling stock like the 2cc NewGRF does, or going for monorail or maglev which I personally don't like. I think I'll remove those pixels the hard way :twisted:

Anyway, have a nice day :)
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Runtown the town built by Avonhall Transport for the workers of Runtown Smelter .Due to the recent Steel rush business is booming ,so much so an application has been submitted to the local council to expand the town .Workers are shipped in by air from the nearby city of Geningdore four times a day . Four new machine shops have opened in the region requesting Runtown steel ,can Runtown Smelter keep up with the demand can the Smelter get enough workers and can they get enough resources , time will tell .
Attachments
Avonhall Transport, 09_27_1982.png
(750.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I don't know why but my towns just loooooove furniture...
Attachments
Voyager Lines, 22nd Jan 2041.png
(689.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

A glass-works industry with the "company-town" for the working class in a railway junction.
Screenshot-2.png
(858.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
-3s-
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -3s- »

Never participated before, but I had fun creating this Papermill town. Hope you like it :)

Attachments
TNT NV, 1960-08-18#1.png
(868.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Hydroponic farm near the small colonial outpost of Terra Ladon. Security had to be increased due to thefts from subversive elements in the Free Mars movement.
Attachments
oftcrash-hydroponic-farm.jpg
oftcrash-hydroponic-farm.jpg (333.27 KiB) Viewed 982 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

oftcrash wrote:Hydroponic farm near the small colonial outpost of Terra Ladon. Security had to be increased due to thefts from subversive elements in the Free Mars movement.
Why .jpg? Post .png instead
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

pngs are too big to send back from Mars. You'll have to live with the slight blurriness :(
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Seeing as how I was one of the ones who suggested this month's topic, I guess I should submit an entry, huh?

Saint John is home to the largest oil refinery in Canada. Crude arrives from the middle east by VLCC at the Canaport docking buoy, the refinery's deep water port on the Bay of Fundy as well as by rail from the Fort McMurray, Alberta oil sands and the Bakken Formation in North Dakota, USA. The product is shipped by coastal tankers from the Courtenay Bay Oil Terminal to destinations along the East coast of North America, as well as by tank truck to local points. Here we see a GP9 picking up some empties to be parked on a siding on the far side of Marsh Creek where a pair of GP40s heads West with empties in need of a refill.
June 2016 Screenshot Contest2.png
June 2016 Screenshot Contest2.png (101.97 KiB) Viewed 4584 times
Last edited by wallyweb on 21 Jun 2016 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

ISA wrote:
oftcrash wrote:Hydroponic farm near the small colonial outpost of Terra Ladon. Security had to be increased due to thefts from subversive elements in the Free Mars movement.
Why .jpg? Post .png instead
Force of habit. I usually convert things to JPG (outside of TTD) unless I want to utilize alpha transparency. I can resubmit as PNG if that's preferred.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's my entry:

The small town of Mannville lies on a peninsula on the east coast of Tiger Island. Apart from the resort hotel that is a common fixture on the island, the town is also home to a scrap yard and a large oil refinery and chemical plant. Both the passenger and the freight lines terminate here, and there is moderate road traffic from both tourist buses and industrial trucks.
Attachments
jun16.PNG
jun16.PNG (954.51 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I would enter this month, but I don't serve any industry in my current game.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Pilot wrote:I would enter this month, but I don't serve any industry in my current game.
Don't let that stop you, don't you have any older saves lying around? Also there's no rule against staging a scene specifically to make a screenshot.

Return to “Screenshots”