Why shouldn't cities have stadiums?

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Kariana
Engineer
Engineer

Why shouldn't cities have stadiums?

Post by Kariana »

I have recently started playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe and have been reading various pages to get tips on how to grow cities. One page said that it was good to prevent cities from building stadiums, but it did not say why this was desirable. Can anyone explain this to me please? Why should they not be allowed to build them? How does this help growth?

A lot of my cities are stagnating around the 1000 people mark and I can't seem to find any ways to get them growing again. Is not letting them build a stadium a good tip or does anyone know of any better ones? I have given the cities passenger and goods train services and bus/mail services (I'm on the temperate climate so they don't need food/water).
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Why shouldn't cities have stadiums?

Post by FooBar »

The only reason I can imagine is that a stadium eats up 4 tiles, without people living there. So it takes up space without contributing to population.

But then I wouldn't bother with removing stadiums and such. They're usually built on the outskirts of town where population is lower anyways.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Why shouldn't cities have stadiums?

Post by XeryusTC »

A stadium requires a higher reputation to remove than most other buildings. This can be quite annoying when you're trying to build something in the middle of a town.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”