[REL = Arnhem - Utrecht /WIP = Prague] LocArny's scenario's

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

mazzel007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mazzel007 »

It is Alive!
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Yeah, I thought already I saw something from the 21st century mod. I had 3 different passenger depots for buses, and one looked very strange to me, but I couldn't uncheck it...
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Site also available in German, thanks to the great work of LocoMH :)
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

When can we expect a release? (I'm looking forward to seeing progress on the L&PS). :D
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

From Prague you mean? A release of "Valley View" was just yesterday, see the seperate topic.

I contacted Wayne Campbell, as you know, and he said I could convert his trains. But there was a problem with the pantographs. He is going to fix it, but he is busy. It will take a little while, but the mod will come there certainly.

And Prague will be finished when its finished. At the moment someone out of Prague (not strongbow) is making final adjustments and details around it.
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Thank you. I'll stop bugging you now.

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

So, we have finished with combined powers of LocArny, Proky and myself the Prague Metro scenario. It's currently in BETA because we still haven't nailed down the gameplay - difficulty, playability, etc.

Please download the BETA version, have a go and give comments so we can make it better. You'll need the Prague Metro Pack v4.0 installed for it to work correctly (can be found on AMI Trains).

Have fun. :wink:
Attachments
prague_scenario_BETA.zip
Prague Metro Scenario BETA
(642.22 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

I tested the scenario. Here's what I think:

1. It is definitely an expert scenario.

2. I think 5 million passengers may be asking too much (I haven't finished it yet, however, so I don't know if this is true).

Very fun, but very challenging (especially in the districts with a lot of underground roads).

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

train-a-mania wrote:I tested the scenario. Here's what I think:

1. It is definitely an expert scenario.

2. I think 5 million passengers may be asking too much (I haven't finished it yet, however, so I don't know if this is true).

Very fun, but very challenging (especially in the districts with a lot of underground roads).
Well I fear that underground building in Locomotion is just not very attractive in it's current state. Don't know about the passenger limit as there's quite big amounts of passengers queing up at the stations later on. However, it all somehow becomes a big mess with building underground routes. Especially when you want to cross them, connect them and you can't see what's under the surface due to the roads above. :(
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

It is a mess. If Chris makes a sequel to this game, he should make an underground view that shows no buildings above ground so that you don't have to bulldoze buildings to bulldoze track.

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

train-a-mania wrote:It is a mess. If Chris makes a sequel to this game, he should make an underground view that shows no buildings above ground so that you don't have to bulldoze buildings to bulldoze track.
Well I don't hope for a sequel, at least not in the next 10 years as usual. :) Hopefully though, there will be some kind of OpenLoco sooner or later that'll make it possible to do these 2 relatively simple things:

- when building underground / pressing 1, you don't bulldoze anything on the ground

and

- when pressing 3 to hide buildings/trees, you hide the *roads* too, otherwise they obscure the view

So I guess, till then we leave this scenario in BETA form. :?
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Well, having tried this and got far enough so far to build one line of metro I can say it is definitely a diffcult scenario, although building underground is not as tricky as I thought - I just kept it simple with a double track line built at 0ft so I definitely went under everything. Some roads did get in the way of signalling though. Will be more complex once I start to add in more metro lines and try to interchange with my first one of course. I did cheat slightly by downloading the Tatra trams (realistic though I think?) and using them to save up some cash before starting to build my line, which I did in two stages.

I like the way the buildings have been choosen though, and it seems good that not too many huge skyscrapers are popping up around my line and trams yet. The metro stations look really good underground, will definitely use them for other urban scenarios. It seems passenger management at stations will really be an issue in this scenario however and I will have to run 6 or 8 car trains. Only problem is these Soviet built metros don't seem too reliable!
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Thanks for your nice post Kev! :)
Kevo00 wrote:I did cheat slightly by downloading the Tatra trams (realistic though I think?) and using them to save up some cash before starting to build my line, which I did in two stages.
Actually that was the idea of other people testing the scenario too and I can't say it wouldn't be realistic - Prague has had trams for a long time before the first metro line appeared.
Only problem is these Soviet built metros don't seem too reliable!
Hehe. Well I gave them default Locomotion reliability (92?), do you think they're breaking down too often for your taste?

Anyway, I'm glad you sort of liked it. Let me know if you manage to finish it within the limit. :wink:
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

i'm glad to hear that some have the tatra-trams in use :)
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote:i'm glad to hear that some have the tatra-trams in use :)
I do! :D
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Am enjoying this scenario although it is hard work, each line is a major engineering challenge! Got up to 1981 now, still even shy of a million transported but two lines on the go now. However the numbers are growing.
Hehe. Well I gave them default Locomotion reliability (92?), do you think they're breaking down too often for your taste?
Lol well I won't be a wuss; probably the Praha trains used to break down that often too. Am probably just building too many trains at the wrong time of the reliability lifecycle or something. The only problem is if one train breaks down my others end up queing up behind it, making things more inefficient.
i'm glad to hear that some have the tatra-trams in use
Its very cool that you have made these for Lomo; I once spent a month in Olomouc and these are probably my fave trams ever. Be nice if you could make a non-articulated version. Very neat models though and 3 coaches are ideal for the Praha traffic.

Overall am having great fun re-creating my memories of Czech public transport. :D
Mneon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL = Arnhem - Utrecht /WIP = Prague] LocArny's scenario's

Post by Mneon »

Hello,

I have some problems playing the Arhem-Utrecht senario. I can't open them because I get an error. Maybe because I don't have the right Mod. I have the NL-pack.

Good regards,
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

First try downloading the 21st century mod. Something was wrong with that scenario I remember, I couldn't uncheck some objects.

If that doesn't help, then please give the error message.
Brundd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brundd »

The Arnhem-Utrecht scenario doesn't work.
Missing object data: BRDGEART

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Easy, get it from here!.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”