About ban

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

krader
Engineer
Engineer

About ban

Post by krader »

Yesterday evening (05.01.2010) i was banned by admin in !Luukland's Server 2 - Normal! I had a difference of opinion with other player, so we had a discussion about the problem: he said that i was stealing his coal from his railway station. Firstly my station was there before his railway station. Secondly the reason of ban is not good enough - that is what i belive. Me and another player were agureing about 5 minutes and suddenly i was banned.
The only server where i play is !Luukland's Server 2 - Normal!, because other servers sucks, so im begging to un-ban me and i promise that i wont have any problems with other players.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: About ban

Post by petert »

Please get an IRC client and join the channel "#luukland", you can talk about it there.
krader
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krader »

Just tell me, if anybody is connected there or just un-ban me and lets talk about in game - it would be wonderful
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

One would assume that petert wouldn't say that you can "talk about it there" were there no one there to whom you could talk.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krader
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krader »

Banning without any reason makes me huffy, so i quess i must quit playing TTD now? It was the only server where i used to play.
FHS
Director
Director

Post by FHS »

Krader, there are a lot of other servers around, you should try the patched ones if you already have enough experience.

OpenTTD-Coop or Jontys IS are always nice places to visit and usually players, who have understood the point: The cargo doesnt belong to anybody, are attending.
It may seem a bit complex at first, especially the OpenTTD-Coop server :lol: , but if you dont feel comfortable yet, then you can just spectate and learn.
:wink:
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

krader wrote:Yesterday evening (05.01.2010) i was banned by admin in !Luukland's Server 2 - Normal! I had a difference of opinion with other player, so we had a discussion about the problem: he said that i was stealing his coal from his railway station. Firstly my station was there before his railway station. Secondly the reason of ban is not good enough - that is what i belive. Me and another player were agureing about 5 minutes and suddenly i was banned.
The only server where i play is !Luukland's Server 2 - Normal!, because other servers sucks, so im begging to un-ban me and i promise that i wont have any problems with other players.
Maybe you will feel better with knowledge you are certainly not the first to complain about ban policy on Luukland server?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

DaleStan wrote:One would assume that petert wouldn't say that you can "talk about it there" were there no one there to whom you could talk.
The channel #luukland on OFTC is connected to all four Luukland servers, which includes 34 clients at this exact moment. Also, the server administrator "Fugas" is there. Please don't correct me when I know that the channel #luukland has people to talk to.

You can also join #goulp, another channel for the server, which has more people...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

petert wrote:
DaleStan wrote:One would assume that petert wouldn't say that you can "talk about it there" were there no one there to whom you could talk.
The channel #luukland on OFTC is connected to all four Luukland servers, which includes 34 clients at this exact moment. Also, the server administrator "Fugas" is there. Please don't correct me when I know that the channel #luukland has people to talk to.
Please read more acurately. DaleStan _supported_ your cause and did not contradict you or doubt your word.
krader
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krader »

I wont download irc and ok guys, nevermind.. i quit
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Visit mibbit.com, its an online web based IRC client.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

krader wrote:I wont download irc and ok guys, nevermind.. i quit
"IRC" isn't something you download, and "IRC Client" is. And it's really not hard.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

CommanderZ wrote:Visit mibbit.com, its an online web based IRC client.
Mibbit is my main clinet (OT: because my ISP doesn't seem to let me use any other client). It is a full or almost full featured client if you decide to stay compareable to most downloaded clients.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

krader wrote:I wont download irc and ok guys, nevermind.. i quit
Maybe you should know why people are pointing you to that irc channel - it's not because we are unhelpful here, but because the people responsible for these servers are obviously not here. We are helping you find the right place to speak to those people.

Suddenly telling "okay, forget it, I quit" is a bit rude towards the people who have attempted to help you, in my opinion...
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

I have sent you an email, please contact me on IRC, or send me an email back...

(Topic may be closed)
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”