TTO Xp Problems

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
RaveME_102
Engineer
Engineer

TTO Xp Problems

Post by RaveME_102 »

Hi guys, i'm a big fan of TT and i've had it, well nearly 10 years, this is basically the original i guess. But i've got XP and you guys are probably hearing this all the time, but i've installed the game. Double clicked the TRANS icon and the game starts, i skip the intro and i get the menu screen then the game closes and im back on the desktop, it's a timed thing so after about 15 to 20 seconds it happens.

Please help, If there is a patch i need then could i please get a link for it?
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

TTO will not work natively in WinXP. You need something like DosBox to play it.
TTD on the other hand does work under XP with TTDPatch.
RaveME_102
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaveME_102 »

i downloaded dos box.
But i haven't got a clue how to use it. are there any easy to use tutorials for it or something like that
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Prof. Frink wrote:TTD on the other hand does work under XP with TTDPatch.
download the TTD
and then the TTDPatch (alpha)
It's much better than TTO.
Last edited by Death on 08 Nov 2005 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The only thing I remember about configuring DOSBox was the the included documentation was sufficient.

Fiddle around with things. The worst case scenario is that you have to reinstall DOSBox.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
RaveME_102
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaveME_102 »

I downloaded TTD and all the stuff i needed installed it using the install guide and it works fine, sept one thing, i dunno how to make it full screen, other than that, it's fine thx dude :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

RaveME_102 wrote:i dunno how to make it full screen,
use ttconfig.exe, you can set the setting there, IIRC.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
RaveME_102
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaveME_102 »

do you mean the regisrty editor, that's the only thing i could find and even though i have the full screen check box checked, it still doesn't go full screen
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

No, I mean ttconfig.exe ... do you have the windows version of TTD (and the patch)?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Purno, I think he's talking about TTO here.

If so, RaveME_102, and you're using DosBox as you've said, there is a config line in dosbox.conf to set it to run fullscreen.
Alternatively IMHO you should be able to switch between FS ans window with alt+enter.

Also I'd recommend using D-Fend (also downloadable from the DosBox site) which allows for a very easy and straighforward configuration of even multiple games under DosBox.

-edit- OK I'm stupid, he's talking about TTD, I just saw that :oops: :oops:
Image please use email instead of PM
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy wrote:Purno, I think he's talking about TTO here.
RaveME_102 wrote:I downloaded TTD
I think he's talking about the DOS-version of TTD. :wink:

The DOS version doesn't have ttconfig.exe, so I'd suggest getting the windows version.
Image Image
RaveME_102
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaveME_102 »

im not quite sure what im using lol. It's just the one i downloaded from this install guide: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=320102#320102
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

That would be TTD Windows then.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah indeed... are you sure there isn't a file called TTconfig.EXE in your directory?
Attachments
ttconfig.PNG
ttconfig.PNG (925 Bytes) Viewed 11616 times
Image Image
RaveME_102
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaveME_102 »

found it, for some reason the file was hidden. only found it cos i was playing around with the folder options, thx for all ur help guys! :wink:
Doug093
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doug093 »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums but have been playing TT since it came out(Unfortunetly stopped when we got XP) But anyways, I downloaded the TTD and the patch given in this thread and am havinig the same problem as someone else. The screen WILL NOT go to full screen. I've tried all the suggestions so far. Anyone know something else I could try?

Doug
KING
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by KING »

OTTD?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

try using tt config and setting the fullscreen setting to the highest then save and run ttdpatch.
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

Doug093 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums but have been playing TT since it came out(Unfortunetly stopped when we got XP) But anyways, I downloaded the TTD and the patch given in this thread and am havinig the same problem as someone else. The screen WILL NOT go to full screen. I've tried all the suggestions so far. Anyone know something else I could try?

Doug
Did you try going to TTconfig.exe in your TTD directory, and make the proper changes under "display"? That should work, I have no idea why it wouldn't.

And OTTD isn't always the answer to a problem! :roll:
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

KING wrote:OTTD?
Exacly what I choose open TT can be ported almost anywhere without reconfiguring so I keep a copy on my USB key for last minute withdrawral symptons

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”