Purno's New Bridge Graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Ok, after playing myself it seems that there are indeed problems with this lovely Bridge set and TTRS. Is there any way to have just this for rail? At all?

Please?
Last known as: Weirdy
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Would it be possible to keep Purno's railway bridges and TTRSv3's road bridges by simply using them both together, with TTRSv3 having higher priority?
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

tried that, doesn't work, just shows normal TTD rail bridges. I was thinking, what about a parameter to disable Purno's road bridges?
Last known as: Weirdy
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Weirdy wrote:tried that, doesn't work, just shows normal TTD rail bridges. I was thinking, what about a parameter to disable Purno's road bridges?
Bridge sprite configurations needs to be done per bridgetype. You can replace the original sprite order, or giving more sprites for a bridge, but all road, and railtype bridges sprites needs to be defined. So if you want to make a new approach for a bridge, but for only for road, like in ttrs3, you need to define the original sprites also. Then if you eject ttrs3 on purno`s new bridges, the ttrs3 defines back the purno`s new bridges, so as you saw it.
There would be two ways to solve thins problem: make compatible the sets, if one detects the other, the second should use a different sprite order. Also, support to define new bridges per road or railtype would be good in ttdpatch/OTTD. This would be the most clever option to solve this.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

thgergo wrote:
Weirdy wrote:tried that, doesn't work, just shows normal TTD rail bridges. I was thinking, what about a parameter to disable Purno's road bridges?
Bridge sprite configurations needs to be done per bridgetype. You can replace the original sprite order, or giving more sprites for a bridge, but all road, and railtype bridges sprites needs to be defined. So if you want to make a new approach for a bridge, but for only for road, like in ttrs3, you need to define the original sprites also. Then if you eject ttrs3 on purno`s new bridges, the ttrs3 defines back the purno`s new bridges, so as you saw it.
There would be two ways to solve thins problem: make compatible the sets, if one detects the other, the second should use a different sprite order. Also, support to define new bridges per road or railtype would be good in ttdpatch/OTTD. This would be the most clever option to solve this.
Does purno still care with this set??
If so, we should ask him, if he could update this set to be compatible..

But purno may have other things to do, so i hope he has some spare time to update this set..

For me this is a great set, and one i use in every game i play in openttd ;)
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Digitalfox wrote:
thgergo wrote:
Does purno still care with this set??
If so, we should ask him, if he could update this set to be compatible..

But purno may have other things to do, so i hope he has some spare time to update this set..

For me this is a great set, and one i use in every game i play in openttd ;)
I plan making a new bridge replacement, if purno and others agree, i would be happy to improve this set...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I agree.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Digitalfox »

Purno wrote:I agree.
thgergo, purno has spoken permission granted..

You may go ahead :lol:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

thgergo wrote:I plan making a new bridge replacement, if purno and others agree, i would be happy to improve this set...
May I request that you include support for narrow gauge rails? :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

and metro rails too please. :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Purno wrote:and metro rails too please. :wink:
Ok i will do my best, but should this set get a grapghic update too? I think including pikkapird`s viaduct with getting permission, and my cantilever bridges would be nice, and the original suspension bridge should be replaced with ttrr3`s suspension bridge. What you think about it? Also i think your reddish suspension bridge needs some rebork, it tooks too basic in my opinion. Just my two cents how to make a superb bridge set...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sounds fine. My set got a few ugly bridges too.
Image Image
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Digitalfox »

thgergo wrote:
Ok i will do my best, but should this set get a grapghic update too? I think including pikkapird`s viaduct with getting permission, and my cantilever bridges would be nice, and the original suspension bridge should be replaced with ttrr3`s suspension bridge. What you think about it? Also i think your reddish suspension bridge needs some rebork, it tooks too basic in my opinion. Just my two cents how to make a superb bridge set...
I'm all for it.. It looks it will be a great set :)

But will you make some kind of switch so it can work ttrs3 and without ttrs3??

I mean if working with ttrs3 it would only replace train bridges, but if working alone, would replace road and train bridges...

What do you think of this switch?? :D
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Digitalfox wrote:
thgergo wrote:
I'm all for it.. It looks it will be a great set :)

But will you make some kind of switch so it can work ttrs3 and without ttrs3??

I mean if working with ttrs3 it would only replace train bridges, but if working alone, would replace road and train bridges...

What do you think of this switch?? :D
Sure priority No.1
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

AFAIK, rail bridges and road bridges share sprites, and there's only a limited amount of sprites to use, IIRC.
Image Image
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Purno wrote:AFAIK, rail bridges and road bridges share sprites, and there's only a limited amount of sprites to use, IIRC.
Yeah in basic way, but with more complicated ways than Action A, this will possible, I can use unique bridges for every approach a bridge. The biggest problem with this, I need to redefine the sprites for all railbridges and roadbridges, I cant change only the rails. Per example, TTRS3 have different bridges for roads, and it touches railbridges too, it sets railbridges to default sprites, thats why ttrs3 bridges and this bridgeset cant be used with each other. And there is no limit in sprite usage, if you reserve some sprites with action D, rather than replace unused toyland sprites like this bridgeset is doing now.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Finally I have stated coding :) Everything have made from blank, better code, no more toyland sprite replacement :) The first 3 bridge is complete with rails...
Attachments
Purno`s suspension type<br />Zimmlocks suspension and<br />my cantilever bridges in action
Purno`s suspension type
Zimmlocks suspension and
my cantilever bridges in action
new bridges.PNG (142.21 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

So very pretty :!: :D
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Digitalfox »

thgergo wrote:Finally I have stated coding :) Everything have made from blank, better code, no more toyland sprite replacement :) The first 3 bridge is complete with rails...
Nice :shock:

Keep those screenshots coming :D
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

Whoa this screenshot is awesome.

Will there be a wooden bridge replacement in this updated version?
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!

Return to “Graphics Development”