Belgian Trainset

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Belgian Trainset

Post by Purno »

I'd love to see this set active again. As you perhaps know some trains are already drawn. The Dutch Trainset includes the 11.8 (and NS Benelux coaches), the 22.5 and both Thalys trains. I once drew an i11 or something a while ago, but that graphic wasn't too impressive. I also drew a Dutch livery of the class 67, IIRC a former Belgian engine. I don't know if there's freight engines which drive both in NL and BE, we might have drawn some too (Class 66, G1206, G2000?)

Making a website with photos with trains to draw might attract artists to help you drawing something. A tracking table with vehicle stats is necessary to be able to code the set. I'm interested in helping you, though ATM all my Transport Tycoon time goes into the Dutch Trainset.

EDIT: I also drew the green NMBS version of a coil wagon, IIRC used to transport steel rolls.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Will try and look for all the info needed to code these trains.

Here are some of the links I've found and I will try and make a suitable tracking table
with pictures of the trains of course.

1: http://www.trw.be * freight trains info
2: http://www.sncb.free.fr/modelisme * kind of tracking table
3: http://rail.thomsten.com/sam.php

that's it for now, but will post some more info about the belgian trains...

Hope this will get you started again ;-)
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________
Pavo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pavo »

Sir A. Boey wrote:
Here are some of the links I've found and I will try and make a suitable tracking table
with pictures of the trains of course.
wait!
i have one that is almost ready :wink: it would be a shame to do both the same work :roll:

btw: the best site by far for reference on belgian trains is the one from david :P
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

This website is an incredible gold mine of information. There are enough drawings to do a huge amount of engines (perhaps all) for your set. There should be more websites like this :p

I really wish I had time to help you guys out. Some of the engines are very intriguing and I'd love to give them a try. Unluckily, I've got quite too many things on my desk and projects in my mind, so I'll be forced to stay out of this.
If anyone wants to give some steamers or early electric a try, however, I'd be happy to give my help. :)

Good luck with revitalizing your set!
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
Pavo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pavo »

this is the table I allready made, offcourse its not complete yet, but people who would like to draw can now start :P

I'm also working on an online version (will appear here )

I saw that on the previous 17 pages of this topic some nice sprite's are allready shown. Is it possible to recover these?
Greetz
Pavo
Attachments
B-set.xls
temporary tracking table
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Pavo wrote:this is the table I allready made, offcourse its not complete yet, but people who would like to draw can now start :P
I can provide you with Class 66 sprites in liveries from ACTS, Rail4Chem, ERS Railways and a black and grey livery.
I saw that on the previous 17 pages of this topic some nice sprite's are allready shown. Is it possible to recover these?
Mauro didn't leave us any sprites.

EDIT: Attachment
Attachments
sprites_for_belgian_trainset.PNG
sprites_for_belgian_trainset.PNG (31.18 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I just looked at your tracking table again, and I noticed you miss a few stats. You'd need quite some stats for coding a vehicle. Here's the stats we have for the Dutch set of the trains I sent you the sprites of:

25.5 (Electric)
Power: 2413 HP
Tractive Effort: 196 kN
Speed: 130 km/h
Weight: 85 tonnes

11.8 (Electric)
Power: 4197 HP
Tractive Effort: 243 kN
Speed: 140 km/h
Weight: 85 tonnes

Class 66 (Diesel)
Power: 3298 HP
Tractive Effort: 409 kN
Speed: 120 km/h
Weight: 126 tonnes

TGV PBA (Electric)
Power: 11600 HP
Speed: 300 km/h
Weight: 385 tonnes
Capacity: 374 passengers

TGV PBKA (Electric)
Power: 15825 HP
Speed: 300 km/h
Weight: 416 tonnes
Capacity: 374 passengers
Image Image
Pavo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pavo »

ok ty, i'll look these data up too then :P
casperofthehobb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by casperofthehobb »

Great going you guys!
Belgian trains are the greatest!!!

I was just wondering, is there already a belgian set out? or are there just the few single graphics found somewhere in this topic?

keep up the good work!!!
"... the lavalamp just erupted."

***Working On The Belgian Train Set***
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Keep up what work? There hasn't been any progress for a long time. Last post was almost a year ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this set looks rather dead, which is a shame...
Image Image
casperofthehobb
Engineer
Engineer

Keep up what work? There hasn't been any progress for a long time. Last post was almost a year ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this set looks rather dead, which is a shame...
it may be dead for a long time, but I just found it, and some of the grfs are pretty good.

I hope new life will come to this topic by me noticing this.

Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I've never really noticed this set before. Shame it never got released as there's some nice stuff in it.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

casperofthehobb wrote:I hope new life will come to this topic by me noticing this.
Just bumping the topic won't work well enough, I have tried that several times. If you really want this set to get worked on, you will have to take the lead and start some work yourself. I'd suggest you start with a tracking table of the trains you want included, and then try to draw or gather graphics already drawn (like I drew NS ICR coaches in Belenux livery and AndersI drew a 11.8) and try coding these.

If you need help there's enough people at these forums to help you :))
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Badger wrote:I've never really noticed this set before. Shame it never got released as there's some nice stuff in it.
Unfortunately Mauro's spritework is never uploaded anywhere and Mauro himself is unreachable.
Image Image
casperofthehobb
Engineer
Engineer

@Purno: I see you've done some sprite-drawing with AndersI. I found this zip-file of you in this topic here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=100
at the bottom.

there is the 1100 train I can see in the belgian set (the others VERY RARELY pass through belgium, I'v never seen them)
but the proble is: your images are saved as a bmp, and now the structure of the train is messed up.
is there any possability to post it as a .png file?

grtz

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The 22.5 series is from a user named "SWASTIKA" but IIRC he got banned... I don't think he'll object if you use it.

The 11.8 series is from AndersI, you should ask if you can use his work, but I don't expect him to say no.

The Benelux coaches are mine, you can use them.
Attachments
1B C Purno Jul 20 2004 all Benelux.PNG
1B C Purno Jul 20 2004 all Benelux.PNG (18.9 KiB) Viewed 574 times
11 C SWASTIKA Apr 13 2006 blue 113 (2).png
11 C SWASTIKA Apr 13 2006 blue 113 (2).png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 2629 times
Image Image
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Purno wrote:The 11.8 series is from AndersI, you should ask if you can use his work, but I don't expect him to say no.
No problems! Ha, I did say no, but it means yes :-)
kotssmurf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by kotssmurf »

This may be stupid but i've read through this thread and noticed you needed all the pictures for the tracking table.
Why not use them from this site?

[Removed]
Last edited by Lakie on 04 Dec 2008 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed irrelivent link to a myspace party video.
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

I think this will be useful for the tracking table:

http://users.telenet.be/jwijnants/ttd/
casperofthehobb
Engineer
Engineer

@ kotssmurf: The link you gave is a link to some video-footage of a party, not really helping.
by the way, I'm looking for sprites, these are the pixeldrawings of everything in the game, and now I'm searching all the sprites ever made of Belgian trains.

@trainboy2004: This is indeed a good tracking table, but the problem here is that the site belongs to Mauro, and he doesn't seem to be showing up anymore, so I think I'll have to make a new (more complete) trackingtable.

@ everyone(I don't mean a user named 'everyone', I just mean everyone in general): I gathered almost all sprites made by Purno and AndersI I tthink, I've PM'ed Mauro, hoping he will reply when he shows up again (he hasn't been online since october).
I'm also gathering train info (weight, HP, speed, ...) and will post it soon, too.

Return to “Graphics Development”