32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ammler
President
President

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (23/1/2010)

Post by Ammler »

petert wrote:
Ammler wrote: My download speed was: 628kb/s, but now it has slowed to a crawl: 50.8kb/s
Hehe, I had to upload from my home connection which is limited to 50kb, my server wasn't finished with it, but now you could get up to 10MB...
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

neob wrote:if you can provide fixed location for hosting, i see no problem why we cant implement Rubidium downloader suggestion :D
i would really love to see this happen so we can introduce a smother user experience instead of my temporary free hosting service solution.
neob wrote:also while torrents are viable way to save traffic most ppl prefer to avoid them for such small DL's mostly because of time issue.
same here, i use torrents 24/7 but i would really hate to get my pack from a torrent, its just like WOW torrent updates i hated them but best luck with this, i bet its going to be a real bandwidth saver if ppl use it.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

32Bpp-Pack wrote:
neob wrote:if you can provide fixed location for hosting, i see no problem why we cant implement Rubidium downloader suggestion :D
i would really love to see this happen so we can introduce a smother user experience instead of my temporary free hosting service solution.
neob wrote:also while torrents are viable way to save traffic most ppl prefer to avoid them for such small DL's mostly because of time issue.
same here, i use torrents 24/7 but i would really hate to get my pack from a torrent, its just like WOW torrent updates i hated them but best luck with this, i bet its going to be a real bandwidth saver if ppl use it.
Well, it is what we could offer you as "fast" alternative for File Hosting, if the server once has snatched the torrent, it would also be available as http download: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp/32 ... -FullPack/ (example)

Every sane torrent client does support creating a torrent, you add the announce url (http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce) and upload the created torrent to our server so it can leech.

It would also make updating quite easier, as you have file hash check included, only changed files will be downloaded. The rest stays...

Greets
Ammler
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have created this GRF+TAR file. It adds a new default station that is not placed over the grass of the surrounding tiles. The middle platforms doesn't have stairs. This GRF has a different station layout.

http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... ile&id=129

If You like it, You can include it in the pack. The platforms made by Ben_Robbins_ can be added easily with a new station type in the NFO code. I have included the sourcecode.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Works perfectly. In fact it's one of those things where not noticing anything is what makes it good, but makes it hard to appreciate! Image attached for others to check out.

I wonder, now that the cement section at the base of the stairs can be stuck on a ground plain, we could use the few pixels along the edge that get hidden by the town cement to have a few grassy pixels. That would be perfect.
Attachments
platform.PNG
platform.PNG (173.03 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
Ben
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I think that the stair should have the first step should be at the level of the sidewalk of streets, because now it looks bad. I will ask if jOrdax can mofidy it.

Ben: If You want, I can modify the GRF file to include Your station sprites when You have them finished. Also, if You model some buffers, I can include them as not track tile.
Attachments
Station.
Station.
station_grass3.jpg (131.97 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

There seems to be a separate centre platform in that image which isn't the same as the platforms at the edge. Is this standard in trunk? If not, then will that set of graphics not have glitches when used normally? How have you built 'just' pavement tiles as well? that would be helpful to know.

I'll model and render all the station bits, if I'm clear on what is now needed for trunk.
Ben
ArmEagle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ArmEagle »

I don't want to spoil your fun. But didn't the original maker of those platform sprites actually carefully plan it all, such that the (double) stairs on the central platforms could be seen as entrances to a tunnel? How do you plan people to leave/go to the central platform(s) now?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Maybe It could be solved making the front platforms a bit narrower, and the rear platforms a bit wider. Modifying the railways could be more difficult.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

Ammler wrote:Well, it is what we could offer you as "fast" alternative for File Hosting, if the server once has snatched the torrent, it would also be available as http download: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp/32 ... -FullPack/ (example)

Every sane torrent client does support creating a torrent, you add the announce url (http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce) and upload the created torrent to our server so it can leech.
i am uploading the pack right now and i wish to upload it to the torrent as well, i created the torrent and added the announce url, now what? how exactly its uploaded to the server?
and will i be able to stop seeding after upload to your server finished?

thanks.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

Game Files as before, self extractable and includes OpenGFx/OpenSFX (only binaries in the usual thread)
OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win32
OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win64

Full pack (unlike before its only holding the BaseSet files)

Code: Select all

Buildings - City buildings - Temprate & Tropical.tar
Buildings - Industries.tar
GUI - Company Mangers Faces.tar
GUI - Toolbar and Selectors.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Monorail Temperate.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Rail Artic & Tropical.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Rail Temparate.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Roads Artic & Tropical.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Roads Temprate.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Tram.tar
Infrastructure - Bridges - Road Rail Monorail.tar
Infrastructure - Misc - Catenary.tar
Infrastructure - Misc - Crossings.tar
Infrastructure - Misc - Signals.tar
Infrastructure - Stations - Airport Ground Tiles.tar
Infrastructure - Stations - Rail Station & Depot.tar
Infrastructure - Stations - Road Stations & Depots.tar
Infrastructure - Tunnels - Rail Temprate.tar
Infrastructure - Tunnels - Road Temprated.tar
LandScape - Ground - Coast Tiles.tar
LandScape - Ground - Farm Fields.tar
LandScape - Ground - Tiles Artic.tar
LandScape - Ground - Tiles Desert & Tropical.tar
LandScape - Ground - Tiles Temprate.tar
LandScape - Misc - Foundations.tar
LandScape - Trees - Misc.tar
LandScape - Trees.tar
Vehicles - Air - Planes.tar
Vehicles - Effects .tar
Vehicles - Rail - Trains.tar
Vehicles - Road - Bus right.tar
Vehicles - Road - Trucks.tar
              33 File(s)    102,237,696 bytes
All Files are in sync with Repo Version as of 12-02-10, with the following Changes:
* Added Symlinks to all files (you can update the repo files with those)
* Removed power plant sprites from 'Infrastructure - Bridges - Road Rail Monorail.tar'

BaseSet.tar
               1 File(s)     101,023,744 bytes
BaseSet.tar, includes the same content as the Full Pack only in a single TAR file, changes:
* Fixed uper case extension.

* No lines Set, replaces their equivalent Tars from the 'FullPack'

Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Rail Temparate - No Lines.tar
Infrastructure - Base Trucks - Roads Temprate - No Lines.tar
LandScape - Ground - Farm Fields - No Lines .tar
LandScape - Ground - Tiles Temprate - No Lines.tar
               4 File(s)     26,764,288 bytes
* Aditional NewGRF

Infrastructure - Bridges - NewGRF Better Bridges.tar
Infrastructure - Stations - NewGRF Wotan stations.tar
LandScape - Ground - NewGRF Alltaken No grass.tar
[No Lines]
Vehicles - Rail - NewGRF Spain Set.zip
Vehicles - Road - Bus Left.tar
               6 File(s)     37,408,973 bytes

If some one can extract and upload all this files to the torrent to allow the users to choose their own combination that will be great.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Symlinks in all files?

I pleyed the game under Windows and It loaded all original graphics with a single symlink for each folder in the TAR file with railway sprites.

I think that only 6 symlinks are needed.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (12/02/2010)

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

yes there a symlink for each of the folders that reside inside the sprite folder, for each of the TAR files.

Ogfx1_base <- trg1
Ogfxc_Artic <- trgc
Ogfxh_Tropical <- trgh

etc...
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

But It's only needed to have symlinks in one TAR file. These symlinks are valid for all other TAR files.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

if you choose the BaseSet Tar its only has one set of symlinks
if you making your own Tar Compilation you dont need to hope that one of the TAR's has Symlinks they all do.

symlinks take no place so it doesnt matter how many of them there are.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Maquinista: Any chance you could have a bash at answering these queries about your post?
Ben
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Maquinista: Any chance you could have a bash at answering these queries about your post?
I'm sorry. I forgot to answer your question.
Ben_Robbins_ wrote:There seems to be a separate centre platform in that image which isn't the same as the platforms at the edge. Is this standard in trunk? If not, then will that set of graphics not have glitches when used normally? How have you built 'just' pavement tiles as well? that would be helpful to know.

I'll model and render all the station bits, if I'm clear on what is now needed for trunk.
The pavement tiles is made with this GRF:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=852704#p852704
It's a GRF that uses the default sprites to make some simple station tiles. It works with the latest releases of OpenTTD (the screenshot was taken in a old version).

The problem of platform is that the station platform should be wider in the rear platforms (and maybe narrower in the front platform). I don't see glitches when a train is running through the station.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Do you use a special "windows" flag for the archive, I am not able to extract your 7z archive, used wine last time, which I don't have on the server...

salieri:~/torrents/tmp> 7za x FullPack_12-2-20102.7z
7-Zip (A) 4.65  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-02-03
p7zip Version 4.65 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,4 CPUs)
Processing archive: FullPack_12-2-20102.7z
Extracting  Buildings - City buildings - Temprate & Tropical.tar     Unsupported Method
Extracting  Buildings - Industries.tar     Unsupported Method
...snip...
Extracting  Vehicles - Road - Trucks.tar     Unsupported Method
Sub items Errors: 32
I use 7-zip on the server for creating the zips, so it is working, also tested with our GRFPack (http://www.openttdcoop.org/newgrfs/ottdc_grfpack_7.3.7z)

I really wonder why you think, it is needed to compress compressed data.

Greets
Ammler
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

probably this since we both use LMZA2 compression:
neob wrote:update your archive software.

WINRAR - http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm (3.92 or better)
7z - http://www.7-zip.org/download.html (9.10 beta or better)

Ammler wrote:I really wonder why you think, it is needed to compress compressed data.
correct if i am wrong but TAR files doesn't compress anything they just store unless you mean why to compress PNG files
in any case the 10% lower volume size should answer that :)
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

neob wrote:in any case the 10% lower volume size should answer that :)
Indeed, quite useless...

(compared to hassle)

Return to “Graphics Development”