Aegir's Projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

maartenvanheek wrote:The flag is green and it gives no error reports. The grfdebug.txt from the game I was playing gives

Code: Select all

# North American Building Set
newgrf/nabsw.GRF
# 45520100
# North American Building Set (NABS). Artwork by Oz. Coding by Richard 'Aegir' Eldred. Special thanks to Csaboka.
# Active A:01 F:00
# 
I cheated a game (fund new buildings) and tried several years, I only get 3-4 NABS buildings in the 50s (picture).

Maybe I just have an old/wrong version of it; can you give a link for the latest download (unless it's still aegir.bur.st/...)
The file you are using appears to be the most recent. The link is still valid as far as I know. Aegir would be the final authority on this.
As for the number of buildings you are seeing, that would seem to be about right as I don't think Aegir has drawn that many yet. I suggest loading NABS after TTRSv3 ... That way you get a full set of alternate buildings including several from NABS. The effect is quite nice actually.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

maartenvanheek wrote: ... Maybe I just have an old/wrong version of it; can you give a link for the latest download (unless it's still aegir.bur.st/...) ...
You can tell what version you have, by its size. The latest beta is about 1,700+ KB (not publicly available), the one on Aegirs website is about 500+ KB. You can tell from that, one has many more buildings.

@Aegir : just release your beta as it is. It's a shame that such a splendid building set, as your beta is, is not yet available publicly. Apart from the 'food' problem in an OpenTTD temperate game, I have not come across any problems.

The only thing I dislike, is the fact that in 1950, the buildings are starting to disappear (the local authorities are replacing them with 'original' or buildings from other sets). That's a pity.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

OzTransLtd wrote:@Aegir : just release your beta as it is. It's a shame that such a splendid building set, as your beta is, is not yet available publicly. Apart from the 'food' problem in an OpenTTD temperate game, I have not come across any problems.
Thank you oh glorious leader for dictating my release schedules :). I'm sure you would ignore me if I told you how and when to release the CanSet and CanStations early, when you know yourself that they are not finished.
OzTransLtd wrote:The only thing I dislike, is the fact that in 1950, the buildings are starting to disappear (the local authorities are replacing them with 'original' or buildings from other sets). That's a pity.
Ahh, now, see, that is one of the main reasons behind the delay - Apart from Real Life (tm), creating a website and readme and whatnot, converting the entire grfmaker source tree over to plain NFO and thoroughly documenting the sources, designing the makefile system behind the new NFO source tree, and occasionally doing some actual game-testing in TTDPatch and OpenTTD.

It'll be released when it's released.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

OzTrans, you understand as well as anyone about releasing a set, please don't pester Aegir. I've been testing a very old copy of the beta, and yes it works perfectly, but why release something that isn't finished? You just get people whining.

I'd wait a million years for a really nice graphics set. Thats what all the good grf makers do.

Hell, we all wait patiently for Pikka, or Michael...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Ben1337
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Aegir's Projects

Post by Ben1337 »

The first time that I had looked at that suburban station that you had made and I said wow and tried to download it and it just came up with loads of ?s.

I looked all over this thread and it is ether what I explained or the internet can't find the address.

I mean what's up with that? :cry:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ben1337 wrote:The first time that I had looked at that suburban station that you had made and I said wow and tried to download it and it just came up with loads of ?s.
Try a right click on the link and then select "Save Link As ..."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Ah. As I suspected. Aegir's swerver has forgotten that GRF files are application/octet-stream, not text/plain.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

DaleStan wrote:... swerver ...
Aha! Just as I thought ... He's been putting too much Emu into the CPU. 8)
Ben1337
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ben1337 »

wallyweb wrote:
Ben1337 wrote:The first time that I had looked at that suburban station that you had made and I said wow and tried to download it and it just came up with loads of ?s.
I did that and transfered it into the data folder but it doesn't appear on the new GRF menu when i press refresh.

(not relevant) The same happened when I tried to install nighties.
Last edited by Raichase on 10 Nov 2007 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed BBcode
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ben1337 wrote:... and transfered it into the data folder but it doesn't appear on the new GRF menu when i press refresh.
That sounds like OTTD to me. At least you got the file so I would check with the OTTD folks with the rest of it.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

You want to do a save-target-as. Don't try and save it after you've already clicked and gotten the gunk on your screen.

Now, begone you cretins! I was trying to go for atleast six months in my thread without a response!

Shoo! All of you!

Ben1337
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ben1337 »

I can't find save target as. Is save link as alright?

P.s. I had done what you suggested about not left clicking on the link before you had said it.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Ben1337 wrote:I can't find save target as. Is save link as alright?

P.s. I had done what you suggested about not left clicking on the link before you had said it.
Yeap, 'Save link as' could be considered equivelant. Give that a shot.

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Aegir wrote:Now, begone you cretins! I was trying to go for atleast six months in my thread without a response!

Shoo! All of you!
Oh my! He was hibernating, and now that we have woken him, we are lunch. :wink:
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Quick! Distract him! Throw him some sprites!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Ben1337
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ben1337 »

wallyweb wrote:
I think that you where a bit late to say this.
Aegir wrote:
Ben1337 wrote:I can't find save target as. Is save link as alright?

Yeap, 'Save link as' could be considered equivelant. Give that a shot.
. :)

As for this
wallyweb wrote:
Aegir wrote:Now, begone you cretins! I was trying to go for atleast six months in my thread without a response!

Shoo! All of you!
Oh my! He was hibernating, and now that we have woken him, we are lunch. :wink:
krtaylor wrote:Quick! Distract him! Throw him some sprites!
Ill distract him now run. :lol:

Edit:what was wrong with my BB code?

P.S.Is this available for openttd?
Last edited by Raichase on 10 Nov 2007 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed BBcode
Ben1338
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ben1338 »

I've tried some stuff while the account was broken and I had successfully installed the city stations. I think it's time to find out how to make the other stuff work that I a interested in.

Thanks for helping me.

Bye for now
Gigaman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigaman »

Hi,

how about adding an additional tile to the City Stations set so that the following station becomes possible?
MyStation.png
MyStation.png (17.2 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
For that a tile like 'Station Building' is needed, but with a track underneath it, as designed in the picture, I call it 'Raised Station Hall'.

I already like the City Stations set very much, even without the 'missing' tile.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Nice topic digging. I think that request is slightly out of place, considering that the last post prior to yours is from 2007.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I would disagree. Always reply to an existing thread rather than create a new one.

Return to “Graphics Development”