North American Renewal Set - Ver. 1.0 Released! - 04/04/06

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DanMacK wrote:Posted conflicts for the UK Renewal set in that thread :D
Sweet. :) What I thought I might do is make the tenders appear in the buylist if and only if a recent build of TTDP is not detected.

edit - nm, I see what you've done with the black cab. :D :oops:
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

It's going to be painted CC as well, but I decided to use a black tender for the consolidation (and other freight engines) :D The Pacific will use a CC tender
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

PikkaBird wrote:Sweet. :) What I thought I might do is make the tenders appear in the buylist if and only if a recent build of TTDP is not detected.
That'll be interesting. Possible, but very interesting. (FCVOI)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

DanMacK wrote:Lakie: I Asked PikkaBird and he said he'd code it for me This set's mostly a repaint, so I think I can squeeze it in amongst my other projects :D

Purno: I'm inclined to agree with you on this, I'm rethinking my colouring on the van.

krtaylor: As Akalamanaia pointed out, this set is a generic set using company colours. Plus, since at the moment the USSet doesn't work in OTTD, and CC is handy for multiplayer anyway, this set will fit a niche.

A Snow Plow is actually planned for the Canadian set, not sure if I'll do it for this set or not.
And not to mention, USSet's running costs go against TTD's standards.
krtaylor wrote:I think actually it is possible to code it so that one player gets CN, the other CP, but we haven't experimented with that much since Patch TTD multiplayer support is rotten. Someday maybe we'll do that with the US set, and we can play PRR vs. NYC. 8)
I have said it twice, and patchman once that making diffrent players having diffrent liveries is totally possible in TTDPatch already. I.e you can have Amtrack for Player 1, Union Pacific For Player 2 and etc.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Here are a few more complete sprites for people to look at :D The "Bathtub Gondola" is the equivalent of the Bethgon in the USSet. The Covered hoppers are from Pikkabird's UK Renewal Set
Attachments
more freight cars
more freight cars
MoreSprites.png (12.55 KiB) Viewed 7353 times
RailJade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailJade »

No Electric Locomotives?
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Not yet because I haven't decided on ones to include.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

How about not including any electrics?
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

That actually was the option I was considering... No real need for them.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Well - the fact that actually bothers me in USset is the fact that there are about enough electrics there to run the railroad completely under wires - when in reality diesels and steam locos outnumber electrics like 300 to 1.

So I personally would love to play a set with lots, and lots and lots of diesels :D
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I actually don't often use the electrics from the US. Diesels are much for enjoyable to play with.
Formerly known as Lachie
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I was thinking we may need a larger steamer for later years than the Northern. This won't be able to be used in OTTD until articulated locos are supported, but I'm thinking of drawing a generic 2-8-8-2 Mallet.
Attachments
Think this would be a good addition?
Think this would be a good addition?
DoWeWantThis.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 7241 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The Pacific sprite and a little teaser shot :D A pair of Consolidations haul a heavy coal train as a Pacific waits to depart with the express and a Pacific and Consolidation arrive on a food train.
Attachments
4-6-2 Pacific sprite and matching tender
4-6-2 Pacific sprite and matching tender
Pacific.png (5.46 KiB) Viewed 7211 times
Arctic Renewal Set Teaser Shot
Arctic Renewal Set Teaser Shot
ARSShot1.png (41.9 KiB) Viewed 7210 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

uzurpator wrote:How about not including any electrics?
Wouldn't it be waste not to use 2nd rail type (and 3rd also, I guess)?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well you could intorduce 2nd slot as narrow guage, Cornelius already has the graphics for it..
narrow guage Shay's, and engines used at quarries/mines..
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

DanMacK wrote:The Pacific sprite and a little teaser shot :D A pair of Consolidations haul a heavy coal train as a Pacific waits to depart with the express and a Pacific and Consolidation arrive on a food train.
Those look very eeehm, green. :D

Nice though, loving this already. At first I thought, what's the point, we already have the excellent US-set and you yourself are working on what looks like its gonna be an even better Canadian set, so why another Arctic set with all north-American trains again. On top of that, MBs Arctic Set isn't bad either...
But now that i see that screenie, I have to say, it looks fantastic :D
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Well, I was playing OTTD and that's what spawned this whole thing. It's mainly designed for multiplayer situations, hence the whole "other set" thing. The Arctic set isn't bad, but lacks locos pre-1945 soooo, hence the ARS :P

Thanks for the comments guys, work is progressing... I decided that for the remainder of the freight engines) the black ones), they'll have a yellow and CC logo
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The 2-8-2 'Mikado' and 2-10-2 'Santa Fe' Sprites as well as the F7 Sprites. For this set we could probably make the F7A and F7B separate locos, or just do what's in the USSet and have additional units B's after the first A

Next on the board...

Northern, Hudson and 2-8-8-2 Mallet, FP9 and modern passenger coaches
Attachments
2-8-2 (Top) and 2-10-2
2-8-2 (Top) and 2-10-2
Freight Locos.png (8.59 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
F7Sprite.png
F7Sprite.png (6.36 KiB) Viewed 7081 times
JTanczos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JTanczos »

Oh I love it. Very nice DanMacK :) As usual.

JT
14:31:29 * Cctoide brandishes huge syringe, runs after Singaporekid
14:31:46 * JTanczos trips Cctoide causing him to fall on the syringe
14:32:32 * Cctoide sticks syringe full of Ritalin into JTanczos instead
14:35:25 -!- JTanczos [~JT@JTanczos.users.quakenet.org] has quit [Quit: gasps from the sudden shot of ridalin... Thankfully I saved the Singaporekid from any harm! Hopefully my death has meaning in this cruel world. Dont waste it Singaporekid! dont waste.... *gurgle gurgle* *dead*]
14:35:36 < Singaporekid> Booooring.
14:35:38 < Singaporekid> :P
14:35:58 < Singaporekid> Besides, ritalin isn't lethal.
14:36:09 * Singaporekid snags some of it for himself
14:36:29 -!- Singaporekid [~notme@cm233.epsilon122.maxonline.com.sg] has quit [Quit: *GURGLE GURGLE* *lol ded*]
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Tanker replacement - Like the boxcar, will have a couple different variants for different cargoes. I'm actually thinking black with CC stripe for oil.
Attachments
Tanker
Tanker
Tanker.png (1.35 KiB) Viewed 7054 times

Return to “Graphics Development”