Turn off local authority

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Turn off local authority

Post by Comeng 523M »

I was thinking of a sign cheat or something, where the player could blow up whatever they damn well like without having to worry about getting caught bribing the local authority. It gets annoying when you want to cut straight through a city but can't.

What do we think of something like that?
suttonc
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Turn off local authority

Post by suttonc »

The local authority is the one thing moderating your construction, but yeah, it is a good idea. Perhaps it might be limited to once per decade?
To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I don't think it would be taken up with very much enthusiasm by the Patch Developers, somehow. If you're going to cheat and bulldoze your way through a town, you may as well just cheat money so that you can bribe them whenever you need to; its much easier and the cheat already exists.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

But then if you get caught you can't bribe them again for six months. Thats what I get peeved with.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Perhaps the land own tool could be adapted so that you could click on a building to destroy that building and place your land owned sign on it at a significantly higher cost, all without affecting local authority ratings.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

or you can buy the building for it's full price and then destroy iy without a care in the world
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

It is a good suggestion. Perhaps every 10 years the local authority will be overthrown by a revolution and Anarcy will rule. So a month you could be able to demolism whatever you like into that city and build whatever you like. The drawback would be that you might loose some of your property (stations, rails) from angry citizens and there would be no production or acceptance of pass., mail, goods, etc. :mrgreen:
Last edited by athanasios on 27 Sep 2007 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I like m3henry's idea of being able to buy town property to do what you want with.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Purchasing buildings for construction of new things in towns cities is very common. Then you get into the realms of compulsory purchase orders where you get told that you MUST sell your house and you basically don't have any choice in the matter.
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Ameecher wrote:Purchasing buildings for construction of new things in towns cities is very common. Then you get into the realms of compulsory purchase orders where you get told that you MUST sell your house and you basically don't have any choice in the matter.
Somehow I am thinking that, as in real life, if you purchased too many buildings, and forced too many people out of their homes in the game, your Local Authority ratings would go way down. Then you couldn't build what you were aiming to in the first place. Hmmm...
Without Trains America Stops

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Railwaymodeler wrote:
Ameecher wrote:Purchasing buildings for construction of new things in towns cities is very common. Then you get into the realms of compulsory purchase orders where you get told that you MUST sell your house and you basically don't have any choice in the matter.
Somehow I am thinking that, as in real life, if you purchased too many buildings, and forced too many people out of their homes in the game, your Local Authority ratings would go way down. Then you couldn't build what you were aiming to in the first place. Hmmm...
And as in real life, that's where the bribery begins, and just for good measure, you could plant a couple of trees so as to impress those citizens who weren't affected.
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Somehow I sense that this game could become more complicated now...

I like it! 8)
Without Trains America Stops

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Railwaymodeler wrote:Somehow I sense that this game could become more complicated now...

I like it! 8)
At last! At last! You have been properly corrupted! :twisted:

Return to “Suggestions”