Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:A 10 hour journey never requires two sleeps because you only need to sleep after 11 hours :P

And I usually sleep before taking a job. My drivers make money while I'm sleeping. I'm getting rich :mrgreen:
Meh, you know what I mean :P
Hyronymus wrote:My drivers usually bring in 2-3k while I make 35-45k per drive. How many drivers does your company have?
This was directed at Purno, but I'll answer for myself! I have 20 employees. 4 employes in Lille (+me), 5 in London and Frankfurt. 3 employees in Berlin and in some other British city.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Everyone's putting me off with all this truck marlarkey....

I really need this... now....
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I hope they get to a multiplayer variant at one time. It's surely a fun game to compete online :).
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Multiplayer... yes.. then I can roll my trucks onto other peoples trucks!

XD
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Sapphire united wrote:Multiplayer... yes.. then I can roll my trucks onto other peoples trucks!

XD
That too, occasionally I get cars under my truck (relax, I don't do trucking in real life) and you can mount them quite easily.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Purno wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:
One thing I definitely miss in this game is a key to lean forward and look around the near side pillar for oncoming traffic, in the same way your view moves forward when you turn to look on the off side. There are a lot of blind spots in these trucks!
No clue what you mean. Could you show me what you want to see, but can't?
I refer to the blind spot created by this pillar and mirror. In the game, you deal with it by rolling forward and turning the truck slightly to clear the view... in reality of course, you can lean back and forward to see around it (to an extent).
Attachments
ets2_00003.jpg
ets2_00003.jpg (109.3 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:My drivers usually bring in 2-3k while I make 35-45k per drive. How many drivers does your company have?
As you can see in this screenshot my company has 25 garages, 96 trucks, 94 drivers and makes 3 million a week. This screenshot shows that my oldest employee, and thus the best trained one, makes almost 12k a day. All employees have the best Scania truck with a few mods. I have 125 garage slots available. I'm opening garages in every city I visit since that's the only thing I can't do at distance. This screenshot shows a shot of my garage spread :mrgreen:

When I take a sleep, I'm usually a few 100,000s richer. I buy trucks in bulk :mrgreen:
47407 wrote:Everyone's putting me off with all this truck marlarkey....

I really need this... now....
Yes you do.
Hyronymus wrote:I hope they get to a multiplayer variant at one time. It's surely a fun game to compete online :).
Fans are working on it, as well as map mods.
http://trucksimulators.nl/index.php/nl/
http://ets2mp.com/
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I may have to try this game sometime!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

PikkaBird wrote:I refer to the blind spot created by this pillar and mirror. In the game, you deal with it by rolling forward and turning the truck slightly to clear the view... in reality of course, you can lean back and forward to see around it (to an extent).
By rotating the camera, you can clear that view decently. The other option would be to change camera for a second, just to confirm. But I agree, the static position of the driver is troublesome at times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Brm Brm...

I've been whizzing about the UK, doing mostly high-value, urgent deliveries, making da moolah. I ended up dropping some explosives off at Glasgow quarry (which is a long way from anywhere), and decided I'd "do them a favour" by taking a load of gravel to Rotterdam, even though it didn't pay much and even though I knew my 4x2 wasn't really suited to such heavy loads...

After jacknifing the bloody thing for the third time on the A68, I dumped the trailer at a petrol station, drove light to Newcastle, and fitted the 3rd axle. :roll: I also took the opportunity to upgrade the engine and interior.
Attachments
ets2_00015.jpg
ets2_00015.jpg (174.47 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I cant stop looking at that pileup that has happened behind you.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

47407 wrote:I cant stop looking at that pileup that has happened behind you.
In my screenshot? We're all stationary queued up for a turn. :P
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQwD4_1U ... TQ&index=6

Go to 7:35

This is my only purpose for playing this game, im heavily in debt because of it lol. (always break my cargos)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Need to share my new paint scheme with you.
Attachments
ets2_00005.png
(2.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00006.png
(2.25 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00007.png
(2.17 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:Need to share my new paint scheme with you.
What you're also sharing is the fact your fuel tank is really empty, your driver is extremely tired, and you have enough money to buy another truck or garage to expend your company.

Anyways, keep them shots coming. I plan to do some trucking this weekend and expand my transport empire even further acros Europe :P

EDIT: Did you know that a fully upgraded garage of 5 slots also comes with a gas station which provides fuel at reduced costs?

EDIT 2:
PikkaBird wrote:After jacknifing the bloody thing for the third time on the A68, I dumped the trailer at a petrol station, drove light to Newcastle, and fitted the 3rd axle. :roll: I also took the opportunity to upgrade the engine and interior.
A lot less realistic, but you could hit the F7 key and hit Enter to "teleport" your truck and trailer to the nearest truck dealer to upgrade/repair/paint your truck.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Purno wrote:A lot less realistic, but you could hit the F7 key and hit Enter to "teleport" your truck and trailer to the nearest truck dealer to upgrade/repair/paint your truck.
Why would I do that? ;)

I did the upgrade, went back and picked up the trailer, and made the dropoff with plenty of time to spare.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Out of curiousity, how do you people spend your skill points? What skills are you prioritizing?

When I started I prioritized ADR, but that ended up pretty useless without a few skills in long-distance. Also, I waited too long to skill in urgent deliveries, since the time limit you had in German Truck Simulator was really really short.
I still have to complete the eco-driving skill. I find it pretty underpowered compared to the other skills.
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Fairly balanced except Eco Driving, which I'm ignoring. I think if I were starting again and trying to build up quick I'd start out focusing on one or two ADRs and long-distance.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

If I had to redo it, not sure what I'd do. ADR is funny, but quite specific. Getting the wrong ADR certificate gets you nowhere. Placing at least one skill point in 'high-value' or two points in 'urgent' at least unlocks these delivieres. Long-distance is a must-have which combines with everything.

I'd be nice to unlock high-value urgent long-distance ADR-deliveries, since those have their payment bonusses stacking up :mrgreen:
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Purno wrote:I'd be nice to unlock high-value urgent long-distance ADR-deliveries, since those have their payment bonusses stacking up :mrgreen:
I focus on urgent ADR-deliveries. When you get the score at the end, they usually have fragile thrown in as well. ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”