Important: ttdpbase[w].grf updated for next nightly.

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Important: ttdpbase[w].grf updated for next nightly.

Post by Lakie »

Hello All,

Since I can't get a hold of Josef, I have decided to post here with a copy of the updated ttdpbase[w].grf.

As of the next nightly, the minor version for ttdpbase will have increased because of the new sprites for marking tracks on slopes in a pbs junction (r1486 and r1487).
This will only affect the trunk builds as none of those fixes are in the 2.5 stable branch.
At the present time, I have no plans to back port these fixes.

If you want to use this for your grfs, you might want to consult the Wiki's Action5 page.
Hopefully, when me and Oskar get round to writing newRoutes, this basic support should become obsolete. :)

[Edit] Due to the new Action5 type, this is incompatible with the stable builds and anything pre r1487. Sorry. :(

[Edit 2] See post below for the latest version which should work happily with older versions. :)

[Editted By Lakie] I'll make this thread a sticky for a few days since it is fairly important.

Thanks for your time,
~ Lakie
Last edited by Lakie on 19 Jun 2007 16:45, edited 3 times in total.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Important: ttdpbase[w].grf updated for next nightly.

Post by Patchman »

Lakie wrote:Hello All,

Since I can't get a hold of Josef, I have decided to post here with a copy of the updated ttdpbase[w].grf.
I have email too, you know ;)
Due to the new Action5 type, this is incompatible with the stable builds and anything pre r1487. Sorry. :(
It would be nice if it could just skip the offending action 5 in case the version is too old (with action 9 not 7), so that people don't need two versions of the base graphics if they want to play both beta and nightlies.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Patchman wrote:... so that people don't need two versions of the base graphics if they want to play both beta and nightlies.
I have always used two .bat files for beta and nightly, each starting the corresponding .exe file using the corresponding ttdpatch.cfg and newgrf.cfg files (via -C and -Xn switch, resp'ly). So the ttdpatch.26n.bat starts ttdpatchw.26n.exe, using newgrfw.26n.cfg which now points to the new ttdpbasew.26n.cfg, whereas the the newgrfw.25b.cfg ponts to the old version.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Josef wrote:
Due to the new Action5 type, this is incompatible with the stable builds and anything pre r1487. Sorry. :(
It would be nice if it could just skip the offending action 5 in case the version is too old (with action 9 not 7), so that people don't need two versions of the base graphics if they want to play both beta and nightlies.
Done, attached a new one and emailed the a copy to your email address.

[Edit] Made a mistake with the last one sorry, fixed now.

~ Lakie
Attachments
ttdpbase.zip
New version compatible with old versions.
(183.28 KiB) Downloaded 1709 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Patchman wrote:I have email too, you know ;)
The following addresses could not be found at all in our Directory.
Please make sure you have the correct address.
jd284@cornell.edu
What e-mail should we use?
Image Image Image Image
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Possibly the one that Patchman's little [email] button links to?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

In commit 1498, the support for a cursor sprite for canals was added (instead of the buy land icon), in action 5, feature 7 (GUI sprites), sprite 0x4A.
An updated version of ttdbase(w).grf is included in the attatchment and will also be emailed to patchman.

JGR
Attachments
ttdbase(w).zip
(183.94 KiB) Downloaded 919 times
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

JGR: will yours also work with the beta's or only with the latest nightlies?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

My change will be ignored by all versions except the latest nightly.
It will hence work fine on betas, and nightlies.
Only one cursor sprite is added after all...

JGR
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Okay, it's just Lakie's original caused some people problems :P
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

tis okay for the >1950
but for <1950 aquaducts were the most majestic bridges built
*contacts pikkabird
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I've posted the updated base graphics on the main TTDPatch site now.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

More updates to ttdpbase[w].grf, this time for r1583.

* Fixes to all the pbs slope sprites to work better with buildonslopes and in general, please use r1583 and afterwards before reporting sprite offset issues.
* Added JGR's Aquaduct sprites to the end of ttdpbase[w].grf, should work fine with older versions of ttdpatch, list of authors updated accordingly.

Also emailed Josef a copy, so the ttdpatch website should have an upto date copy of it soon. ;)

~ Lakie
Attachments
ttdpbase.zip
(187.77 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

The base graphics file has been updated for r1589 to support roadstops (see original discussion) - Download
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Since the one Minime linked to wouldn't work with the 2.5 branch...
I went and fixed it so it should work with other revisions / versions of ttdpatch.

[Edit] Also corrected the minimum version for things like pbs sprites, aqueduct, etc.

~ Lakie
Attachments
ttdpbase.zip
(191.59 KiB) Downloaded 1074 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Since OzTransLtd, quite correctly, called us on this. In the future, when updating ttdpbase[w], update the timestamp too, please.

I have no particular attachment to that particular timestamp format, but I would discourage any pure-number datestamp, since they are entirely too easy to misinterpret. (When, exactly, is 11/07/10? The seventh day of the eleventh month of 2010? The eleventh day of the seventh month of 2010? The tenth day of the seventh month of 2011?)
Attachments
ttdpbase.zip
(188.92 KiB) Downloaded 1579 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
a25003
Engineer
Engineer

Post by a25003 »

does the nightly do day and night or is it just night for ever and ever?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

a25003 wrote:does the nightly do day and night or is it just night for ever and ever?
What? ?(
Edit:
Nightly is the current state of patch development, compiled each night. These versions are extremely cutting edge, they contain the code as it is being developed and may be very unstable.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think there was a hint of sarcasm... Or at least I hope there was.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Dave Worley wrote:I think there was a hint of sarcasm... Or at least I hope there was.
Maybe :)

Return to “General TTDPatch”