Screenshot of the Month - December 2015 - Entries

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot of the Month - September 2015 - Submissions

Post by SwissFan91 »

Yes we are! It shall be:

Nature's Wrath
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

YAYYYYYYYY! He's back! :D
Perhaps a brief word of explanation for those who are not familiar with the expression "Nature's Wrath!" ...
In English, we have an expression: "It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature!". She does exact her revenge in so many, often horrible, ways. She seems to enjoy, in particular, the disruption of transportation. :twisted:

:lol:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

wallyweb wrote:YAYYYYYYYY! He's back! :D
Perhaps a brief word of explanation for those who are not familiar with the expression "Nature's Wrath!" ...
In English, we have an expression: "It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature!". She does exact her revenge in so many, often horrible, ways. She seems to enjoy, in particular, the disruption of transportation. :twisted:

:lol:
In my opinion a great theme :D . Thanks for the explanation, wallyweb :) . Left to think about how to implement in a game. I have a few options.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

STD wrote:In my opinion a great theme :D . Thanks for the explanation, wallyweb :)
:bow:
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Just wanted to say that this has been one of the most impressive rounds of the screenshot contest I can remember. As someone who's been voting since Ameecher's original incarnation (and that's a looooong time ago now), it's great to see the community still producing excellent stuff. Genuinely considered voting for all of them! :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I totally agree with you, Pingaware :) . Thank you to all those who organise these events and those involved :bow: . I hope that this tradition will continue. :))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Sabret00th
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sabret00th »

Nice pick ! :) My evil mastermind already works on a few ideas.... :lol:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

This theme feels like it needs a decent photoshop or some cleverness. I prefer just snapping a photo of my actual as-is network rather than develop a situation for this game. I might pass this month and let you creative people do all the magic.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Can I just comment on last month. That might be the finest set of screenshots I think I've ever seen.

Wally... Wow. That thing was incredible. Quast's scene was also superb.

Wayyyy back in the day I used to be a bit of a player in the screenshot world... But I can't even get CLOSE to these.

I can't believe they're from TTD!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Chrill wrote:This theme feels like it needs a decent photoshop or some cleverness. I prefer just snapping a photo of my actual as-is network rather than develop a situation for this game. I might pass this month and let you creative people do all the magic.
Don't give up the ship just yet. We have a few weeks before the deadline and inspiration tends to arrive unannounced. 8)
Dave wrote:Wally... Wow. That thing was incredible.
:bow:
I can't believe they're from TTD!
The secret is in the sauce. Newobjects helped a bit as well. :wink:
Sabret00th
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sabret00th »

Mostly new objects :lol:
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Just the three entries so far folks. Get creative!
Sabret00th
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sabret00th »

Can't believe that just three of us got creative for over two weeks! I even checked if I forgot to sent my submission or something.... :lol:
Come on, it's not that hard. I've done mine in 15 minutes, and put a bit of an effort in there, so just do it! Think of what Nature has in it' arsenal of elements, which are fire, water, wind, and earth.

If you want to compete, but can't come up with an idea or don't know how to put it in, message me. I am willing to help....
(Altough it will be hillarious if someone wins with my help... :lol: )
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Sabret00th wrote:Can't believe that just three of us got creative ...
Four! I just submitted. :mrgreen:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I don't know how to implement in-game screenshot on a similar theme. There are several options. But within the game rather than just something to implement.. I'll try to think of something :)

Edit. I also sent a screenshot :) .
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

Ok, one fast screenshot from me was sent :)
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

September SOTM has now shut. Voting is now open. Here, in alphabetical order, are the screenshots for Nature's Wrath:

alluke
Flood.
Flood.
Alluke.png (42.68 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
arikover
arikover.png
Sunken City
For two weeks now, the city has been completely flooded because of the unremitting rain. The only bridge high enough to be spared was the railroad bridge. With the motorway now completely underwater, the once dormant local railroad is now put to good use, intensely transporting passengers and cargo in unfamiliar consists. Local boats, now serving as improvised ferries, connect the two stations to the city centre. Wooden piers have been erected in order to ease the boarding. (can you spot them?)
(1.84 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Avalanche! The Viol Ranch bauxite mine branch has been destroyed by an avalanche from the steep snow-covered slopes, caused by an underground mining explosion. Two trains have been trapped by the snow but no fatalities have been reported. The line is expected to be closed off for congestion and safety reasons and replaced by trucks.
Avalanche! The Viol Ranch bauxite mine branch has been destroyed by an avalanche from the steep snow-covered slopes, caused by an underground mining explosion. Two trains have been trapped by the snow but no fatalities have been reported. The line is expected to be closed off for congestion and safety reasons and replaced by trucks.
Emperor Jake.png (429.88 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

ISA
File comment: Wasn't that close! After a heavy snowfall the snow was cleared from the track, but the ground couldn't stand it and a avalanche was triggered. Thank God no one got injured in any means. Even the train driver was able to see the damage far enough to stop the freight train. After few hour of searching the excavators were found for the workforce and send to the scene to clear up the mess.
File comment: Wasn't that close! After a heavy snowfall the snow was cleared from the track, but the ground couldn't stand it and a avalanche was triggered. Thank God no one got injured in any means. Even the train driver was able to see the damage far enough to stop the freight train. After few hour of searching the excavators were found for the workforce and send to the scene to clear up the mess.
ISA.png (572.69 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
Ladusa
Avalanche
Avalanche
Ladusa.png (192.99 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
Sabret00th
Sabret00th.png
The west wall of the Trump Dam has been torn apart from the tidal wave that came from the Deez River. The tsunami-like mass of water have devastated downtown, piling up mountains of rubble on the streets.
Damage and casualties are still being calculated, but the first rescue helicopters have been deployed.
It is unclear what caused the disaster (which even threw a few ships amidst the buildings), but theories began emerging that illegal waste disposal may have clogged the river at some point, until the critical point came.
(753.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”