Military Cycle Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Loco Man
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Military Cycle Development Thread

Post by Loco Man »

This topic is devoted to the Military Cycle, which, so far, is under development. We please ask that there be no off topic posting, and only post if you have a suggestion or are on the team (Me & Cornflower.(Probably rdrdrdrd too.)) to report progress. There are no promises that this will be completed, but hopefully before it will be done before 2010! When it is finished, it will posted in this message.
Thanks to the TT-Forums and to all the kind people who supported my Idea in the original topic.
Just trying to make a living in this world...

And apparently making a living also includes playing locomotion.
Projects: Military Cycle
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Military Cycle Development Thread

Post by rdrdrdrd »

OK, do you need any more factories or such? I could also probaly do a tank model.
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Zeak
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Zeak »

Fell free to edit my mods for this pack. I have an FA18 Hornet an F 14 Tomcat and an Anzac class Frigate
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hmm, use the frig as Oilrig, and let him get passengers and ammo or something...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Xrufuian
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Xrufuian »

rdrdrdrd wrote:OK, do you need any more factories or such? I could also probably do a tank model.
Yes, we'll need more structures. Some 2x2 and a few 1x1. Sorry about not being able to work on this recently, I've been busy with work & preparing for an upcoming model train expo this weekend.

However, I've been still trying to figure out the materials to be used on the models, among how to import them into SketchUp...

Also, fences/walls are not needed on the models. We can use the in game fences, preferably the metal bar fence.
warman45
Engineer
Engineer

Post by warman45 »

it would be awsome if you had 2 or three skins or flags for each building (USA RUSSIA GERMANY (NAZI))

this way some one could create scenarios where you either a work for hitler b stalin c rosevelt.

another idea is have a nuclear launch platform where you take uranium. this would work great for a cold war scenario.

suggestion about locos. from 1900 to 1945 have armoured trains.

rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

the gun cars could carry items so people would have to use them
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Loco Man
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loco Man »

warman45 wrote:it would be awsome if you had 2 or three skins or flags for each building (USA RUSSIA GERMANY (NAZI))

this way some one could create scenarios where you either a work for hitler b stalin c rosevelt.
We'll try not to get political, and I don't think having Nazi stuff is a good influence to some of our more younger users. And for the tanks on flat-cars (Popular idea), I think Plastik has one, I just never got around to sending that PM.
Progress:So far,we are in the planning stage, with some few leads in the graphics department (Thanks to rdrdrdrd :D ) and everything is going well.

warman45
Engineer
Engineer

Post by warman45 »

We'll try not to get political, and I don't think having Nazi stuff is a good influence to some of our more younger users.
you know you do need to teach them about nazis otherwise they'll do what the german people did (elect them!)
they need to know about things like nazis and violence otherwise they'll get bad impressions

what is the actuall cycle going to be (do you have a jpeg or something visual)
Loco Man
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loco Man »

warman45 wrote:what is the actual cycle going to be
That's up to cornflower. :wink:

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

you know you do need to teach them about nazis otherwise they'll do what the german people did (elect them!)
they need to know about things like nazis and violence otherwise they'll get bad impressions
I REALLY DON'T WANT ANY HOOKED CROSSES ON MY TRAINS!!!

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Your capslock is broken...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

No seperate flags,
two reasons
1:Seperate flags need seperate industry files, so the number of industries would have to be multiplied by the number of countries
2:Some people would be offended and some would also say "my country is not in there!"
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the cycle should be compatible with the auto mod and enhanced paper cycle, so we have to keep the cargo types down or have them share IDs
for example: finished products would be soldiers, tanks, artillery, and munitions
tanks are produced with parts and steel
parts are made with steel
artillery is made with parts and steel
munitions are made with chemicals and steel
soldiers are made with food and people
tanks and artillery are new ID
soldiers share ID with passengers
munitions share ID with goods
parts share ID with auto parts
just an idea :wink:

Xrufuian
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Xrufuian »

warman45 wrote:what is the actuall cycle going to be (do you have a jpeg or something visual)
Loco Man wrote:That's up to Cornflower
Oops, I forgot to post the flow chart, sorry... :oops:
Military Cycle Flowchart.png
Military Cycle Flowchart.png (18.74 KiB) Viewed 6851 times
warman45 wrote:you know you do need to teach them about nazis otherwise they'll do what the german people did (elect them!)
Drury wrote:I REALLY DON'T WANT ANY HOOKED CROSSES ON MY TRAINS!!!
Technically, it's part of runes (An old alphabet). Either way, this set will stay nonpolitical, and shall no political reference to Nazi party. Only an era German tank design or two will be in the set. Warman, the issue you present is truly an issue, but this is not the way to address that issue. Getting school textbooks to cover World War II & the Holocaust is a much better method...

EDIT: Wow, that took a long time to post...
ballz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ballz »

I've got a little idea, what if Auto Plant can also build tanks and humvees if it get some new materials. i.e. Auto Plant can make Cars, Tanks, Humvees at the same time. Steel Mill can produce Steel and Armor Plates for Tanks for example, and when Plastic Pellets and Armor Plates delivered to Auto Plant, it build some Tanks. And I am not aginst nazi crosses, it is only past...
I serve to God Machine!
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

too simple IMO, I think it should be more steps, and tanks should be included

ballz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ballz »

But I think that people want to build other industries too, and 4 from 16 for military cycle is too much I think. Maybe need to combine some factories.
I serve to God Machine!
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

my cycle would have 5 specialty factories, could be four if you combine tanks and artillery

warman45
Engineer
Engineer

Post by warman45 »

when you make your version of chemical works and steel mill make shure it works with plastiks auto mod!

it would suck if it didn't

by the way i mentioned the nazi stuff not because i wanted it in the game (it was just a suggestion) but because i wanted to deffend my position.

as well the "artillery plant" should probably be called a gun plant.

and in ww2 tanks were produced in car factories (this was how they were mass produced.)

I SUPPORT GENERIC TANK SHAPES!

but on factories it would be safer to not have them! as you will not find a tank suitible for all periods.

i suggest artillery only for buildings however on train cars you can do tanks as the cars are replaced every once and a while.

airforce base is tricky (cause planes changed drastically!) you could have no vissible planes?

personally i would change air force base to shipyard (the generic look of ships hasen't changed much.)

make a car with artillery guns (barrels only) for artillery- army base.

ammo plant shouldhave sighn that says EXPLOSIVE!
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

my idea
Attachments
Flow chart.PNG
Flow chart.PNG (16.29 KiB) Viewed 6712 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”