UK Road Vehicle Set [Version 1 of Tram Set released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dave

Post by Dave »

m3henry wrote:who wants cargo trams?
No one.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

this is all very positive :roll:
we have almost nil cargo trams for ttd but we have the ability to use them. I want to take advantage of this for a future tram or as an imaginary modification that could be an extra grf or parameter
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Dave Worley wrote:
m3henry wrote:who wants cargo trams?
No one.
Me, I want horse trams. :lol:

(I have stood at that intersection and walked across that bridge - well, the bridge that is now where that bridge was - many times. :D)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Right, let me just make my intentions clear here.

The UKTS will not contain any cargo trams, all trams will carry passengers only. This is because no tram system in the UK carries freight. I also see that it is unlikely that any system will carry freight in the future and for these reasons, yes, I won't draw them and as a result "I can't be arsed to draw them". Should a cargo tram be introduced in the UK I will draw it but there aren't any at the moment, also rail and normal road vehicles cover this aspect of transportation perfectly adequately.

At Pikka, I think horse-drawn trams are a bit too early for me :P the earliest tram in this set will be circa 1910, the next will be 1923.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Ameecher wrote:Right, let me just make my intentions clear here.

The UKTS will not contain any cargo trams, all trams will carry passengers only. This is because no tram system in the UK carries freight. I also see that it is unlikely that any system will carry freight in the future and for these reasons, yes, I won't draw them and as a result "I can't be arsed to draw them". Should a cargo tram be introduced in the UK I will draw it but there aren't any at the moment, also rail and normal road vehicles cover this aspect of transportation perfectly adequately.
WELL SAID THAT MAN.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

It's never too early for horse trams, Ameecher. :wink:

http://www.narrow-gauge.co.uk/gallery/115

If there's only one horse, does that mean that the tram has 1 horse power? hehehe
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

But that's the isle of man and what I am really getting at is, how on earth do you a) draw a horse and b) draw a horse in TT scale ;)
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Have a look at simutrans. It has animated horses!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I won't rise to that :P
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

I remember somebody trying for horse-drawn buses with result in quite a comical looking horse (IMO).

Sorry to bring up Supertrams, but weren't the originals (when it was Sheffield Supertram and not Stagecoach Supertram) a bit lighter and bluer?
Rasing Awareness: Aspergers Syndrome 1 (NAS UK)2 (BBC)3 (YaleDDC)

Something is driving you insane... It is me.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well, that was something I considered, what do other people think? Is the blue supertram too dark?
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I don't know about the originals, but maybe this is too dark for the game.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

The original livery can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Shef ... bridge.jpg which is definitely blueish.

I was wondering if there was an early GRF we could have a play with?
Rasing Awareness: Aspergers Syndrome 1 (NAS UK)2 (BBC)3 (YaleDDC)

Something is driving you insane... It is me.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Oh you're talking about the original supertram livery, I thought you were talking about the new Stagecoach livery. Hmm, now then, do you think the dark band at the bottom is wrong or the main colour is wrong? I'm open to critiscism. ;)

With regard to a pre-release grf, probably not. There are still some problems with the code, also costs and other things need to be altered as well as capacities. The first release will be a full release. No pre-released here I'm afraid ;)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Just one note, I have had a quick skem through the website but not noticed anything on this subject.
Will you be including any maintenance trams? (I believe they DO exist, mainly at Blackpool)
Albeit they wouldn't serve much use, except for eye candy..
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I'm still undecided on that, I may do but it won't be top of my list of things to draw. Currently there are gaping holes between the 1930s and 1970s which need trams drawing and the late '70s and the 2nd generation of tram systems which came into existence in the early '90s
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

How about the old Birmingham trams?

I currently have no idea what date, but from the picture, I'd say 1900s to 1950s :?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

its from 1953
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Hmmm, current thinking is probably not. As it is there is going to be a new tram for roughly decade. A tram such as the one that Captain Kirk will definitely be in the set as an early one because the picture posted is of a tram that was near the end of it's life, most tram systems disappearing in the mid/late '50s. There will probably be an earlier tram though to fill the gap between 1921 and 1927 (the time at which the earliest tram so far is designed). Where this tram will come from I'm not really sure, probably London but trams in that era were all very similar anyway.

Return to “Graphics Development”