Articulated Road Vehicles

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Argh! Meat! Damn typos...
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Sanchimaru wrote:George: thanks a lot! I have only that view done,
If so, could you please use 4px size for wheels? On your pic they look a bit small
Sanchimaru wrote:but if you are really interested in the model,
Yes, I like it
Sanchimaru wrote:I can complete it
Yes, I like this view and would like to see all the views
Sanchimaru wrote:and even make some additional liveries.
I hope that means all transporters types - a tank, a box, a platform, a dump truck, tarpaulin van, ref, timber truck, drop-side truck ;)
Sanchimaru wrote:I'd be glad to have it added to the set.
nice to hear it
Sanchimaru wrote:It is indeed a tribute to Optimus Prime. The model is a Freightliner COE
I'd prefer to see it as Freightliner COE :roll:
Image Image Image Image
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

m3henry wrote:this'll be good for the CarGo Tram :)
[Drive-Throug Truck Stops]
Yes that would be very great, because I haven't realized how to transport good with trams. Are you going to implement this as well Steven?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Drive-through truck stops are already available in the latest TTDPatch Nightly.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Patchman wrote:Drive-through truck stops are already available in the latest TTDPatch Nightly.
At last! Local mail delivery! The citizens will be happy. :D
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

It never ends...

Post by stevenh »

that's it!...You asked for it!
Tram freight stops ('tram truck stop' just sounds weird).
CarGo here we come!

As per usual, please see the first post. :shock:
George wrote:...I made a save with your version of the patch, then loaded it in beta 5 and then saved again, and loaded your version of patch again...
Please don't do this whilst we're testing this version... :(
Attachments
Tram Freight Stops!
Tram Freight Stops!
freightz.png (13.54 KiB) Viewed 7146 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: It never ends...

Post by George »

stevenh wrote:
George wrote:...I made a save with your version of the patch, then loaded it in beta 5 and then saved again, and loaded your version of patch again...
Please don't do this whilst we're testing this version... :(
Do not worry, it was a test save, I did not lost anything. Just made a test. :shock:
Image Image Image Image
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

I've just realised that if you then load it in b5, the head RV will move, the trailers wont? (but they will, but none of the code i've written will work)
They'll be completely independant and therefore when you reload it in my test version it'll all be out of sync!

Now, unfortunately this means that saved games henceforth will not be backwards compatible.

update check for revision 10, buildonslopes now works with new RV stops.
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

We now know that drive-through truck stops work for RVs, both the tram and the normal stop.
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

stevenh wrote:I've just realised that if you then load it in b5, the head RV will move, the trailers wont? (but they will, but none of the code i've written will work)
They'll be completely independant and therefore when you reload it in my test version it'll all be out of sync!
if you send them to depot, then they become syncronised again
Image Image Image Image
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

George, is it time for FAP truck with semitrailers?
Steven, do you plan to allow coupling of 2 trams (with CTRL)?
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:George, is it time for FAP truck with semitrailers?
As I understand, articulated vehicles code will not go into ttdpatch 2.5. So, I plan LV4 would be for 2.5, and start LV5 as soon as new alpha stage begins. LV5 is planned for articulated vehicles.
Trailers would be OK with articulated vehicles, but semitrailers would have problems. We’d need to have
1) var 45 (Curvature info) for road trains
2) some var to test the high diff between vehicle part to hold it correct in mountains
Image Image Image Image
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

George wrote: 2) some var to test the high diff between vehicle part to hold it correct in mountains
Articulated trains aren't at one height in mountains as well and it's ok.
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:George, is it time for FAP truck with semitrailers?
Steven, do you plan to allow coupling of 2 trams (with CTRL)?
Wile, I'm still considering my options... As that would require an entire depot rewrite, I'd prefer not to... maybe have the refit button switch between consists.
George wrote:var 45 (Curvature info) for road trains
I've been told that this should just work.
George wrote:some var to test the high diff between vehicle part to hold it correct in mountains
You mean you want them not to be 'staged' when on slopes? I don't like this idea... I prefer the TTD style .... OH!, your coaches would look pretty weird hey...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

RK wrote:
George wrote:2) some var to test the high diff between vehicle part to hold it correct in mountains
Articulated trains aren't at one height in mountains as well and it's ok.
they are not semi trailers, but trailers. That would work for trucks with trailers as well. The problem occurs only with semi trailers. That is the same problem, as with Garrets, that cosist of 3 parts. the front and rear part are placed bellow/over the main part, that leads to graphical collisions. It would be nice to have a possibilities to fix it.
stevenh wrote:
George wrote:some var to test the high diff between vehicle part to hold it correct in mountains
You mean you want them not to be 'staged' when on slopes?
Yes and no. Yes for articulated buses and trucks with semi-trailers. No for trucks with trailers. For trucks with semi trailers I supposed 'wise' 'staged' state. That means the semi trailer would behaviour normally, while the tractors would have modified graphics.
stevenh wrote:I don't like this idea... I prefer the TTD style .... OH!, your coaches would look pretty weird hey...
That was not intender for single-body coaches to be articulated. I though about standard articulated city buses.
Image Image Image Image
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Okay, so I assume you want to have the trailers overlapping the prime-movers and thus when travelling on slopes, the coupling on the prime-mover will be drawn above, etc... causing the collisions.

Either way, this wont be an easy task to conquer. Feel free to offer any suggestions if you feel I need to code anything on my side.

I do believe that Josef mentioned including height details in var 45, this should be enough to then let you manipulate the sprites? :?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

stevenh wrote:Okay, so I assume you want to have the trailers overlapping the prime-movers
semitrailers
stevenh wrote:and thus when travelling on slopes,
Visually - yes, that is what I want.
stevenh wrote:the coupling on the prime-mover will be drawn above, etc... causing the collisions.
That should not look bad, because I plan to draw several views and choose them while testing the var
stevenh wrote:Either way, this wont be an easy task to conquer.
Nice to hear it
stevenh wrote:Feel free to offer any suggestions if you feel I need to code anything on my side.
I do not know, should it be RVs' code or general vehicles code. May be it would be useful for trains too.
stevenh wrote:I do believe that Josef mentioned including height details in var 45, this should be enough to then let you manipulate the sprites? :?
what are the possible height diffs for two nearby RVs of the standard length? 4 units? so for max length it is 8 units?

While writing this, the following idea came to my mind: why should it be var 4X, while it could be var 6X, and the param is the offset in the consist? 01 means next part, ff the previous one.

Here is the pic, that shows problems. to prevent this glitches, I'd like to have a group of graphics with different cutouts, and to choose them depending on the size of these holes. And the only way to find it is to check the heigh.
Attachments
slopes.png
slopes.png (4.61 KiB) Viewed 6749 times
Image Image Image Image
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

George wrote:While writing this, the following idea came to my mind: why should it be var 4X, while it could be var 6X, and the param is the offset in the consist? 01 means next part, ff the previous one.
George, I now understand exactly what you need. Currently this whole development is in a seperate branch and I want to merge it into the trunk before I make a large addition (ie. the callbacks) to try and reduce the amount of code-conflicts I'm about to encounter.

So... For now, these callbacks wont be written till (quite possibly) the next alpha stage. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I suppose I just have to work out what needs to be done next... These vehicles seems to be quite up-to-scratch.

Any thoughts people? What's missing?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Separate IDs for trailers and possibility of coupling few vehicles (as I mentioned before).
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Separate IDs for trailers and possibility of coupling few vehicles (as I mentioned before).
Feel free to post ideas on interfaces for this. It really helps me to work out how the code should work if I've got a prototype to work with.
Seperate IDs for trailers is pretty straightforward, it's just working out what's a trailer and what's not (well, then again... I did it with trams) ... and then working out how to structure the depot window to work out which vehicle you're adding to.
And then... we might want to set a flag on a 'consist' that can't have additional trailers (ie. fixed-set trams). And then we'd also want a maximum... but then, that could be set to 0 for a fixed-set.
Interesting... This'll take some time... luckily I have quite a bit before the next alpha :twisted:

Return to “General TTDPatch”