The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Chrill »

We did not win the World Cup, but we achieved something else entirely.
sweden.png
(64.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
We are only the 3rd country to top the Women's Ranking, after USA and Germany. And today marks the 50th anniversary of Sweden's first international game, a 0-0 tie with Finland back in August 1953.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Kinda depressing that the only reason the world cup is still talked about internationally is that stupid kiss now ...

Was a fun tournament that had everything you want from a football world cup. And then that stupid bit right at the end ^^;
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Trainz UTC

Post by CTarana45 »

We bought a copy of Trainz UTC for my son for Christmas the year it was published! :lol: I think compared to Auran Trainz, OpenTTD comes out better!

Christopher Tarana
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pyoro wrote: 25 Aug 2023 13:42 Kinda depressing that the only reason the world cup is still talked about internationally is that stupid kiss now ...

Was a fun tournament that had everything you want from a football world cup. And then that stupid bit right at the end ^^;
I think it was a great moment. Well obviously not, Rubiales assaulted her by forcing a kiss. But I think this Spanish federation has been riddled with accusations of corruption for a long time. With 80ish players now signing a "will not play" statement unless management is replaced, I think we will see a revolution in Spanish football. He is absurdly still trying to cling to power but will surely be removed any day now. With Rubiales gone, new management in place, new coach most likely, we will see the world champions reach yet another level. It's up to everyone to follow as the women's game steps up yet again. ¡Viva la revolución!
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Now obviously this was terrible, and should never have happened, but I do feel like it's giving Spain a bit of a 'MeToo' movement that other countries had several years ago in the wake of Harvey Weinstein and the original #MeToo social media campaign.

Hopefully this will untangle any other issues within Football, whether its womens or mens, and whichever country and governing body it is. I'm glad FIFA stood up and suspended him, without waiting for Spanish counterparts to do it themselves, or for Rubiales to fire himself, which seems he is doing everything to avoid. Reports (sources: 1 & 2) also suggest currently FIFA may be campaigning for a 15 year ban for Rubiales, which sounds a little on the harsh side, but it would certainly show any other football managers, yep, its a serious thing to do, so don't frickin' do it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Mahjong

Post by CTarana45 »

Mahjong is another Excellent game to play! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Keeping Our Plates!

Post by CTarana45 »

In Indiana, We keep our plates when we are done with them! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Star Fleet Command Gold!

Post by CTarana45 »

Star Fleet Command Gold! StarTrek is our favorite franchise! So Star Fleet Command Gold was released my oldest Stephanie went to Best Buy and bought a copy! She installed the software on both Windows 7 computer! No CD-patch so I had to borrow the CD to play it! Last year www.dynaverse.net said they were going stop selling the Game ISOs!
I found copy's of SFC2 and 3 on the internet archive! When I tried to install the games they crashed to desktop three times! :lol: So now that's one of favorite and most challenging sims!

Christopher Tarana

The TOS Enterprise is By IMudd

My versions of the Sim!
Attachments
Starfleet Command Gold Ships!.jpg
(170.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Enterprise From TOS By IMudd!.jpg
(371.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Versions of the Sim!.jpg
(504.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Hot Chocolate better than the North Pole!

Post by CTarana45 »

Hot Chocolate better than the North Pole! :lol: When my wife makes Hot Chocolate she uses Heavy Cream and Hershey's Un-sweetend Powered Coco!

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Hoyle Games For 2008

Post by CTarana45 »

Hoyle Games For 2008 :lol: I had choice! Down 500 megs worth of game or so if my old CD worked in 64 bit 7! Like SimCity 4, it needs a disk in the CD to play!

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Hoyles Puzzle & Board Games!.jpg
(506.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Redirect Left wrote: 25 Dec 2022 04:43 Well, that'd explain why my orders for spare console parts, mostly from Shenzhen & Zhengzhou are taking ages. Unfortunately for cheap but fairly decent spares, Huaqiangbei - part of Shenzhen is really quite hard to beat price-wise. Plus they seem to sell a bit of everything you can ever think of.
Do you remember this post? I went to Huaqiangbei, Shenzhen just now, and they really sell a bit of everything electronic. I bought a portable power bank for only 99 yuan (IIRC the price quadruples in my hometown). And there are also shopping malls. Some pictures:
Attachments
DEEE2450-EAE9-4611-8B75-55ABEFDFDE1C.jpeg
(4.15 MiB) Not downloaded yet
DEF91AF1-EC68-4FB8-BA28-CC34A3417F41.jpeg
(3.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
1CE70268-0D67-44BA-A6B6-DA369FE74658.jpeg
(3.85 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 01 Oct 2023 11:41 Do you remember this post? I went to Huaqiangbei, Shenzhen just now, and they really sell a bit of everything electronic. I bought a portable power bank for only 99 yuan (IIRC the price quadruples in my hometown). And there are also shopping malls. Some pictures:
What a great call back!
Jealous you got to go, I see the rumours are true, they do sell a bit of anything you'd need! I really should make use of my passport and start exploring whilst I can. I've still never left the island of Great Britain, and even then I've never even been to Wales!

Meanwhile, bad news. I just spent £100, good news, I've got Sonic Superstars & Cities Skylines II on pre-order!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

After using the same computer monitor since 2015, I felt like upgrading. I did some research, found one of those fancy curved monitors, a "MSI Optix MAG342CQR". I bought it, struggled with installing it and even struggled fitting it on my desktop since the stand was so large! But I finally got it running. I didn't think the curved screen would make such a difference but it really does.

Also, the forums look real silly with this screen!
My Scenarios:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ooh, 34” 2.38:1 eh? Looks nice!

Do you use it for any movie watching? Presumably you’d need to set up software to trim the black bars that are embedded in most 2.35:1 widescreen movies!

I’ve got a pair of 1080p 24” monitors that I bought in 2009 that are still working quite nicely. Something larger or higher resolution would be nice, but mostly not too necessary.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

I like Tunnels!

Post by CTarana45 »

I like Tunnels! :lol: Both Road and Rail versions!

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Tunnels!.jpg
(205.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Looking for the DOS version Star Fleet Command Gold! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote: 15 Oct 2023 22:13 Ooh, 34” 2.38:1 eh? Looks nice!

Do you use it for any movie watching? Presumably you’d need to set up software to trim the black bars that are embedded in most 2.35:1 widescreen movies!

I’ve got a pair of 1080p 24” monitors that I bought in 2009 that are still working quite nicely. Something larger or higher resolution would be nice, but mostly not too necessary.
I haven't used it for movies yet, I have a TV for that :mrgreen: But video games can really put that extra space to use, which is nice. And now that I'm working, it is essentially wide enough to function as two screens. Email/Chat on one side, actual work on the other!
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Hurray! My new car is now the production queue, expected to be on the production line by second week of November. Then it is however long it takes to slap together a Kia Xceed, plus an approximately 6 week boat journey to the UK, and my new car is here!

It's taken them about 3 month just to get it all to the stage of being on the production queue at the Kia factory :(
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote: 18 Oct 2023 08:51 Hurray! My new car is now the production queue, expected to be on the production line by second week of November. Then it is however long it takes to slap together a Kia Xceed, plus an approximately 6 week boat journey to the UK, and my new car is here!

It's taken them about 3 month just to get it all to the stage of being on the production queue at the Kia factory :(
Well, my Peugeot ordered in December is still not here sooo. :mrgreen: I will be picking it up in two weeks, I think!
My Scenarios:
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

I heard a rumour that "KIA is dangerous"... at least KIA K2 is claimed to be the car with the worst safety record.

But don't worry, this is just a rumour, and I have never thought of acquiring a driver license so far.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps

Return to “Off-Topic”