File Repository

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: File repository

Post by maquinista »

GeekToo wrote:Ok, Maquinista, I've changed the wiki: http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoo ... es#Bridges, but maybe I have forgotten something, can you please check it?
Yes, It's correct. I think that the bridges code will be patched and the file for draw better pillars is not necessary.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Maquinista, thanks for the review (the pillars file is still linked in the notes section (file 4)).

On the repo, this file
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... ile&id=117 can be marked as standard grf
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

done! :mrgreen:

edit:
oh, and while running 32bpp, i get this output: (only the dev pack used)

Code: Select all

dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/2.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/1.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/1694.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/1694.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/4240.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
and i do get graphical problems... :roll:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Lord Aro wrote:done! :mrgreen:

edit:
oh, and while running 32bpp, i get this output: (only the dev pack used)

Code: Select all

dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/2.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/1.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
dbg: [misc] Warning: PNG Sprite '\ogfx1_base/4240.png' doesn't have x_offs and y_offs; expect graphical problems
and i do get graphical problems... :roll:
This tree was a preview release by Ben Robbins. It will be coded and released in the future. :D
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

it's not just the tree though, it's also a field and some weird foundation-type tiles (1.png & 2.png)

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Thanks for updating Lord Aro.

There are two major problems in the dev pack: 4240, which is one of the grain fields, and another one in 1500-1506 (town houses), both causing severe glitches.
Last edited by GeekToo on 22 Oct 2010 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

There are two major problems in the dev pack: 4240
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... start=5961
I hope that helps a bit in solving some of the glitches.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

New tool: Sprite search engine (pinpoints sprite number to a repo entry)
#################
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Nice! This will help loads with, umm, sprite searching! :mrgreen:
Two things:
1. Make the search box only accept numbers
2. Add a link to it on the repo site (sorry if you already have, haven't looked yet)

Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

+...

searching for 1,2 and 3 digit sprites will yield results that have those digits in its name
i realise that may be quite hard to fix though...

Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Lord Aro wrote:+...

searching for 1,2 and 3 digit sprites will yield results that have those digits in its name
i realise that may be quite hard to fix though...
Actually that will be quite an easy fix, certainly #1 in your first post will be much harder, but before touching this I need to know, do we only have 4-digit sprite numbers?

I'm hesitant to add a link to the repo, because it'd have to be in a logical and prevalent place like next to the entry search box, and I'm trying to remove all OpenTTD-specific pieces of code from the repo source. Doing so will make it easier to adopt updates if/when I release the repo for public use.
#################
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Answer = no :) (e.g. http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=68)

Also, i have just noticed a couple of other problems:

- The lists for licensing and status are offset by one, i.e. you enter GPLv2 and you get GPLv3 or you enter 'Sources Missing' and you get 'Released'

- On a 1280x1024 screen, the bar 'Logged in as: Lord Aro [ Disable edit mode ] ...' overlaps with the main title, making them hard to press

Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Lord Aro wrote: searching for 1,2 and 3 digit sprites will yield results that have those digits in its name
This is now fixed.
- The lists for licensing and status are offset by one, i.e. you enter GPLv2 and you get GPLv3 or you enter 'Sources Missing' and you get 'Released'
After debugging this for a an hour or so, it appears there's been a behavior change in a php function, and when the repo moved from my old server to the new one, the bug was created. The bug affects all similar select boxes, including but not limited to filetype, license and status. Doesn't look like it'll be a breeze to fix, will possibly have to rewrite every select box there is, which is a lot.
- On a 1280x1024 screen, the bar 'Logged in as: Lord Aro [ Disable edit mode ] ...' overlaps with the main title, making them hard to press
Can I have a screenshot?
#################
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I can't upload this file to the repository, I will leave it here.

This file doesn't have the current ZIP file with Blend files. If someone wants to upload the TAR file, please, add the ZIP file in the "sources" foolder of the TAR file, before upload it.
Attachments
1570-1575 houseDetached.tar
Coded house.
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I can't upload the file with the mall.

It's finished. Please, upload it to the repository.

The file with three construction stages, will be added to "better houses" GRF file. :D
Attachments
4406-4417 shopping mall.tar
TAR file, finished, with all zoom levels.
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
mall_updated.jpg (139.33 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Why can't you upload?
#################
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Jupix wrote:
Can I have a screenshot?
Not a 1280x1024 screen, and with IE9, but the same thing

I can't get the same with Firefox (4) though, so it looks like an IE bug
Attachments
Untitled.png
(82.86 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Ah, that explains it, I don't develop for MSIE. It's always had its own way of thinking how CSS should work. I can check if the code is something that it has a particular problem with, but apart from that, it's doubtful I will change the visuals just because MSIE can't fathom it.
#################
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

You can easily fix IE only problems by using this ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

You can also easily fix IE only problems by using this, this or this. :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”