New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CryingCorvus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by CryingCorvus »

mc.crab Building surrounding is quiet empty and windows need frames very much. You should also remodel the fance... its still looks like recolored ex-hedge.

I was wondering if you people prefer the 32bpp version of the oldest oilrig or some new one?
Attachments
oilrigggg.png
oilrigggg.png (280.85 KiB) Viewed 461 times
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Thanks for the tips. That oilrig looks good.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

CryingCorvus wrote:mc.crab Building surrounding is quiet empty and windows need frames very much. You should also remodel the fance... its still looks like recolored ex-hedge.

I was wondering if you people prefer the 32bpp version of the oldest oilrig or some new one?
The old one is nice, but It doesn't have construction stages. Also, I like your oil rig.
mc.crab wrote:Here is the new version with brick walls and stone wall instead of the hedge wall. I also added the pump but I don't know how well you can see it.
I don't know what to do with the shade as I'm using the default Blender setting for OTTD.
It's looking better.

I would make the left door a bit more bigger, a 30%, also, It would be better a window in the first floor.
Attachments
My suggestion.
My suggestion.
house_suggestion.png (59.62 KiB) Viewed 4994 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Here is the new version.
Attachments
Country house.png
Country house.png (65.13 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

mc.crab wrote:Here is the new version.
Nice, but I preffer the previous textures.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
CryingCorvus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CryingCorvus »

Lightning is just weird now. You should just set it back to previous configuration and simply add Sun light to make it little brighter.
Windows need more complexity I think (vertical bars in the middle?) also put something in the yard some bench or whatever
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

I intended to use the same textures as I used with the previous one, but I must have messed up something.
I will add something to the yard and add something to the windows.

EDIT: Ok I have added the poles to windows and I also added a swing to the yard.
Btw.. how do I claim a item that is listed in the tracker?
Attachments
Country house.png
Country house.png (64.11 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

mc.crab wrote:I intended to use the same textures as I used with the previous one, but I must have messed up something.
I will add something to the yard and add something to the windows.

EDIT: Ok I have added the poles to windows and I also added a swing to the yard.
Btw.. how do I claim a item that is listed in the tracker?
It's very nice, I like it.

This house doesn't need construction stages. If You release your model under GPL license and with the source files, I will finish it the next week.
Uriel75
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Uriel75 »

Longest eaves of roof suggests only. Realistically longest.
It is tragic my english... :( I'm from Poland...
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

I can release this under GPL licence. With source files, you mean the .blend file and all the textures?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

mc.crab wrote:I can release this under GPL licence. With source files, you mean the .blend file and all the textures?
Maybe yes. Blend files and textures was suggested to be included in the source TAR files.
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Here is the .blend file.

Edit: I was just browsing the full zoom tracker and noticed that there are quite a lot of trains that still have to be done, so I was thinking of trying to make some. What I would like to know is, if I make a locomotive does it have to be half square long or can it be longer to make it look better?
Attachments
FarmHouse.zip
(914.25 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
CryingCorvus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CryingCorvus »

Sadly no... Especially not in this basic set. Making it longer will cause graphical glitches on the curves and driving into tunnels and such. It will be much better to have them squized to just half square (also to made them fit the rest) 8)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

CryingCorvus:
Since it seems you're back, do you think you could post/upload (to repo) any other blend/source files for your trucks?
I'm currently trying to organise all of them, and having the source files would be helpful
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
CryingCorvus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CryingCorvus »

ughh.. OK found it on my HDD and just got uploaded.

Still need some opinion on my oil platform. Also is it really just one tile? Seems bigger in the game
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Thanks for that. I'll try to work on thdm tonight

Oilrig: Looks good! Not sure about whether it needs spliting up, most sprites that take over 1 tile do (oilrig is at least 4)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

CryingCorvus wrote:Still need some opinion on my oil platform. Also is it really just one tile? Seems bigger in the game
The oil rig is 2x2 squares, the graphics will need chopping up to make the four sprites which are in the base graphics.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

mc.crab wrote:Here is the .blend file.

Edit: I was just browsing the full zoom tracker and noticed that there are quite a lot of trains that still have to be done, so I was thinking of trying to make some. What I would like to know is, if I make a locomotive does it have to be half square long or can it be longer to make it look better?
Thanks.

About the locomotive: In TTD, the locomotives or wagons must have 1/2 tile long, and without tender.

But if You Wang, You can model a 1/2 tile locomotive, with a tender. The tender would be coded as New GRF file.
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

I tried making a locomotive but it just didn't turn out good. So I went to the graphics tracker and decided to make maglev track set, and here is the first piece. I know that it looks quite plain, but it is hard to make it detailed since the reference image is quite small.
Attachments
Maglev01.png
Maglev01.png (40.85 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Nice. About the grass, don't problem, because I will cover them with the current grass.

Return to “Graphics Development”