New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by cmoiromain »

I don't really like that round thing you put there. I think an old stone well like this or this would suit better with the farm.
Apart from that, the farm looks really good! Well done!
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

It is very impressive!
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

For general interest: Shotgun the iron ore mine...
It's going to be tricky, but I have designed a good way of rendering fake grass which allows the official ground tiles to be used as the ground texture...

A very very early WIP:
Attachments
Preview.png
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Looks very promising, not sure what's left to improve here. Some signs on the fences maybe?!
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I think it needs some earth moving equipment & separators to not look merely like a sandpit.
#################
sweetdude
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sweetdude »

The texturing looks great already. I assume you will add some dirt roads and some excavation levels in the mine and some equipment.

dirt roads, as in somthing like this maybe...?

GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

A couple of levels would be nice. I made a start some time ago, but never found time to finish it. I'll see if I can find the blend file if that is useful for you, Zephyris.
Attachments
ironore.png
ironore.png (144.1 KiB) Viewed 4513 times
ArmEagle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ArmEagle »

Antonio1984 wrote:New version...tomorrow I'll try to learn how to create a tree...and I'll make the last retouching...
Hmm, is that a drain pipe you have on that right hand blind wall? It doesn't make any sense to have that go to the ridge of the roof since there's no gutter there.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

GeekToo wrote:A couple of levels would be nice. I made a start some time ago, but never found time to finish it. I'll see if I can find the blend file if that is useful for you, Zephyris.
TBH I don't think two levels will fit well. Anyways I am doing the (hopefully) final renders now (~1.5 hrs for each construction stage because of the crazy particle settings sadly).
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

ArmEagle wrote:
Antonio1984 wrote:New version...tomorrow I'll try to learn how to create a tree...and I'll make the last retouching...
Hmm, is that a drain pipe you have on that right hand blind wall? It doesn't make any sense to have that go to the ridge of the roof since there's no gutter there.
ArmEagle, excuse me but I'm forced to get smart you...all your comment are criticism, and always about tecnhical aspect...please stop...I couldn't care less if a gutter doesn't drain or if a wall is enough thick to keep heat...it is a game, the role of a particular is only to embellish the building, not to pass an engineering control...so if you have suggestions ok they are welcome, but you only criticize...so seeing that you're so able, so expert, why you don't make nothing???
I hope with this answer to clarify my idea and my position...if you are agree good, othrwise you can continue to play the game with the realistic 8bpp grapichs or do something...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Antonio1984 wrote: ArmEagle, excuse me but I'm forced to get smart you...all your comment are criticism, and always about tecnhical aspect...please stop...I couldn't care less if a gutter doesn't drain or if a wall is enough thick to keep heat...it is a game, the role of a particular is only to embellish the building, not to pass an engineering control...so if you have suggestions ok they are welcome, but you only criticize...so seeing that you're so able, so expert, why you don't make nothing???
I hope with this answer to clarify my idea and my position...if you are agree good, othrwise you can continue to play the game with the realistic 8bpp grapichs or do something...
I believe that's a valid point of view and I hope it's taken into consideration. If a discussion on this is need I propose to start one in a new topic.

Now about levels and such: are iron ore mines always 'open mines'. I'm not sure what the English term is but you have mines underground and mines on the surface :).
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Antonio, TBH, I don't see how you're forced to go all emo on him. He's just giving you advice. You can just ignore it like you have sometimes in the past, but you'd in fact be wise to listen to what senior members advise you to do, even if you think it sounds stupid or pointless.
#################
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

The fact is that is tiresome to listen always the same type of sentences...I accept all the advices, but in my opinion to insist always about the same things is annoy..."doesn't have sense, isn't realistic, etc..."
1 times, 2 times, 3 times...and lose one's patience...it's a game, I think isn't central to look at this aspect...
Everyone can obviously and freely says what he wants..but seeing that you don't make nothing in practice, at least make constructive criticism...all the other members said "I don't like this, I prefer that.., I should be better if.."..ok no problem...I'll try to improve my work and the facts demonstrate that...but if you can see at the post of ArmEagle, he always says the same thing...and in the past I've already try to make clear my opinion...evidently without success...
I've made a pipe because it works as a detail for the wall..then if it is a glutter, a gas main, a simple piece of metal, what's the difference?
I spend a lot of time to remodelling buildings, and I'm equally free to express my opinion...besides I'm a computer science engineering and not a construction engineer...so I prefer to make a building nice rather then realistic...I'm not interested if my house doesn' t resist at earthquakes because the wall are thin...
I think it is not difficult to understand that this game is Transport Tycoon and not SimCity, Building & Co, etc...
ArmEagle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ArmEagle »

Sure, I'll keep my constructive criticism to people who do appreciate it.

As I've said before I love all the hard work that people do for this project. It's just not something I'm good at (hence why I used simple pixel work [I definitely don't want to call it pixel art] for the catenary - which still need replacement because my 'poles' suck).
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

Replacement for the white 'smallshops' from temperate.

When I was first modeling it, it turned out to look more and more tropical. Result is that I finished a tropical version first, which could be published as a newgrf (if it isn't possible to include it in the baseset somewhere)

These buildings can share construction sprites, which I plan to do shortly. I will publish the blendfiles one of these days, so those can be completed even if I die in a blogging accident. :wink:
Attachments
Smallshops temperate, GPL v2
Smallshops temperate, GPL v2
smallshopstemp1.png (62.62 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
Smallshops tropical, GPL v2
Smallshops tropical, GPL v2
smallshopstrop1.png (63.95 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

tsjook wrote:Replacement for the white 'smallshops' from temperate.

When I was first modeling it, it turned out to look more and more tropical. Result is that I finished a tropical version first, which could be published as a newgrf (if it isn't possible to include it in the baseset somewhere)

These buildings can share construction sprites, which I plan to do shortly. I will publish the blendfiles one of these days, so those can be completed even if I die in a blogging accident. :wink:
They both look excellent and are ready to be put in the game. But still, I would like to make some suggestions:
smallshopstemp1.png
smallshopstemp1.png (68.52 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
1. a number plate for the house

2,3,4. a mailbox attached to the wall next the door

5. a mailbox

6. I don't how to translate it, but the picture gives an accurate description of what I mean
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

tsjook:it look very nice...if you follow the Xand's advices, it will be perfect...he is always very helpful...
My only advice is eventually to add another stand (like that below the canopy)..the rest is very good...
This can be considered the final version...I think the next replacement will be the tramway depot:
Attachments
farmhouse5.png
farmhouse5.png (140.34 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

Together with the theatre, the farm building is among your best designs!
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Iron ore mine. The shadows aren't quite right but TBH it's not worth the time...

The source sprites will need to be photoshopped onto the grass tiles and chopped before coding.

*edit* sources available here: http://www.jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-re ... ile&id=191
Attachments
IronOreMineSprites.zip
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
Preview.png
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the coal mine sprites. The coal piles are not added yet, because They needs more work, They are ground sprites and They need the three zoom levels and two versions (with lines and without them). I will create a GRF file with the previous sprites.

The farm and the iron ore mine: If You like it, I will code it tomorrow, when I had finished the coal mine and the new buses. If You have suggestions for these two models, write them tomorrow.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]

Return to “Graphics Development”