open TTD,

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

karlis8
Engineer
Engineer

open TTD,

Post by karlis8 »

Hi ! juggernauts

well...the new 0.6.1RC.. i bet the dint think of...
-users can define ONLY so 500 names for all the trains, aircrafts and stations
-oil refineris can only be up to 48 tile from the edge , why?. i have the money, why i cant build it where i need it.
-with new features, trams, new industries and ... when i start a new game, ther is no garanty that they work. so i build and i plan and nothing, why i cant load the tram feature thing on a running game?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: open TTD,

Post by Yexo »

karlis8 wrote:Hi ! juggernauts

well...the new 0.6.1RC.. i bet the dint think of...
0.6.1 is out, the RC is outdated.
Not true, you can define as many names as you want.
-oil refineris can only be up to 48 tile from the edge , why?. i have the money, why i cant build it where i need it.
It's a feature. Is has been this way since ttd.
-with new features, trams, new industries and ... when i start a new game, ther is no garanty that they work. so i build and i plan and nothing, why i cant load the tram feature thing on a running game?
[/quote]
Just load them before you start a new game. If you have any problems with that, write a patch that allows changing newgrfs during a running game in a stable way.
HariSeldon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HariSeldon »

Yexo wrote:
How can I change a vehicle name?
karlis8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlis8 »

HariSeldon wrote:
Yexo wrote:
How can I change a vehicle name?
In the train window, on right side
VoxDissident
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by VoxDissident »

karlis8 wrote:Hi ! juggernauts
Hi... uh... Karlonaut?

karlis8 wrote: -oil refineris can only be up to 48 tile from the edge , why?. i have the money, why i cant build it where i need it.
You can change this in the Industries section of the Configure Patches window. I think this was originally a requirement in TTD because of off-shore oil rigs.
karlis8 wrote: -with new features, trams, new industries and ... when i start a new game, ther is no garanty that they work. so i build and i plan and nothing, why i cant load the tram feature thing on a running game?
Are you having a trouble loading the newgrfs? I'm not sure exactly what your question is... It's either you're not sure how to load newgrfs before the game starts or you've loaded them incorrectly somehow...
HariSeldon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HariSeldon »

karlis8 wrote:
HariSeldon wrote:How can I change a vehicle name?
Do you mean the group name in vehicles (trains, etc.) lists?
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

HariSeldon wrote:
karlis8 wrote:
HariSeldon wrote:How can I change a vehicle name?
Do you mean the group name in vehicles (trains, etc.) lists?
On the title bar of the vehicle details view, there is a button "Name"... and how we tell it in Italy: "In alto a destra, bottone Nome"

EDIT: or maybe do you mean change the mark of the vehicle? If so, you can do it by opening a depot, clicking on the vehicle without purchasing it and use the "Rename" button under the vehicle technical data, the button on the right of the "Build Vehicle", you can't miss it, there are only two buttons
HariSeldon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HariSeldon »

Wolf01 wrote:
HariSeldon wrote:Do you mean the group name in vehicles (trains, etc.) lists?
On the title bar of the vehicle details view, there is a button "Name"... and how we tell it in Italy: "In alto a destra, bottone Nome"
In the windows about each vehicle ....
Oh :shock: , I have never noticed it (maybe the "strange" position, like the "timetable" button in the order windows).

I think that changening the name of all the trains one by one is boaring.
I think it would be nice if this (the train name change) were automatically inherited by the group train name
(for example: if I make a "Wood TownA TownB" the name of the trains in that group become "Wood TownA TownB 1" "Wood TownA TownB 2" "Wood TownA TownB 3" and so on).
And that it work in cloning trains.

(off course: trains or other vehicle kind)
Wolf01 wrote:EDIT: or maybe do you mean change the mark of the vehicle? If so, you can do it by opening a depot, clicking on the vehicle without purchasing it and use the "Rename" button under the vehicle technical data, the button on the right of the "Build Vehicle", you can't miss it, there are only two buttons
Yrs I know so (but I have never used it). I'm silly, have not thought about it.

p.s. It's funny to see other Italian people here :))
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

not everybody wants to name their trains the way you do! so 'automatically' is not really a good idea ;-)
HariSeldon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HariSeldon »

dihedral wrote:not everybody wants to name their trains the way you do! so 'automatically' is not really a good idea ;-)
Because it would be boaring now.

Trains names accorfding to goup would allow to see at glance which traint group a trians belongs
(let's say you are looking at pice of your mainline, where there many different service line pass).

p.s. with "automatically" I mean with a command in the group windows 8as the "add shared vehicle" command and so on). So an user can choose if the names of that group trains are to be changed or not.
(autmoatically = non by hands, one by one)

p.s. two: In which way naming the train is usually used now? (I've never used it, becouse now would be to hard and time consuming).
jaybud4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jaybud4 »

It already puts the name of the group in small letters on top of the icons in the list, if I recall correctly...
If you're bugged by anything I say/do: Please send me a PM. I don't always watch every thread I post in after I do so.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Yexo wrote: It's a feature. Is has been this way since ttd.
Try tto
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

Sapphire united wrote:
Yexo wrote: It's a feature. Is has been this way since ttd.
Try tto
Sapphire: Are we talking about a game called OpenTTO ? No... It's called OpenTTD. Therefor, your argument is mooth and is not applicable to the discussion. Who cares about what was in TTO? We are playing a derivative of TTD.
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
phil88
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by phil88 »

Wasn't TTD a derivative of TTO? Surely it therefore follows that if it went TTO -> TTD -> OpenTTD, features that were in TTO are somewhat relevant to OpenTTD?
- Phil
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

TTD is rather an extendend version of TTO, so basically yes TTD was derived from TTO. But there are massive amount of differences between the two versions. OpenTTD itself is based solely on TTD, not TTO.
Features present in TTO, but not TTD, should not have to be present in OpenTTD by default.

So there's a link between TTO and TTD, and another link between TTD and OpenTTD, but absolutely no link between TTO and OpenTTD.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

FooBar wrote:but absolutely no link between TTO and OpenTTD.
Oh yes there is! Many things from TTO are in OpenTTD. Those are the most basic stuff - Vehicles! Buildings! Towns! <_<
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Madassasin wrote:
FooBar wrote:but absolutely no link between TTO and OpenTTD.
Oh yes there is! Many things from TTO are in OpenTTD. Those are the most basic stuff - Vehicles! Buildings! Towns! <_<
Uhm... Sim City also has Vehicles, buildings and towns. Is there a link between Sim City and OpenTTD then?
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Madassasin wrote:Many things from TTO are in OpenTTD.
That might be because those things were (are) also available in TTD.

Name one feature that is available in TTO, OpenTTD version 0.1 (!) but not TTD. If you are able to find one, please name a second :wink:
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

you guys are just splitting hairs now!
simply raises the quality of this discussion!

Return to “General OpenTTD”