Jim Powers' Scenarios & Games (TTDP)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Jim Powers' Scenarios & Games (TTDP)

Post by Badger »

Jim, thats a lovely screenie :))
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Badger wrote:Jim, thats a lovely screenie :))
That it most definitely is.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Jim Powers wrote:About the time that I think that my time here is finished,
(interest in my scenarios has dropped dramaticly in the last
90 days,) and then I've been again 'put through the ringer',
by Israel's bunch of selfish, self-centered people, I turn to
TT-Forums and find that my true Australian friend has not
forgotten me, and my sad day turns to a 'glad' day.
I'm glad that my small gesture can have such a big impact on your day - it's a small matter for me to adjust the first post and add it in, and if it helps people negotiate your topic, then all the better.

I myself have not played TTD for months, so I'm sorry I haven't been downloading and testing your scenarios (real life, other hobbies and such)

I hope things can improve, I know what you mean about the selfish people around the place, Sydneys got it's fair share most days, I think. I'm lucky to work with such good people, and have so many good friends, both locally and abroad. Just need a broad or two :tongue:

Cheers Jim :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Dave

Post by Dave »

If this is the last we see of Jim and his wonderful scenarios, may I be honoured to wish you a very, very happy and fulfilling future, sir. Without you, the world would not be such a bright place.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Jim, I got to play your scenario for a bit before my computer went on the skitz again.

Really enjoyed it :D
Running trams and bus routes is sure to be fun when this ol' lump of power gets itself going again.
Poor thing. Can you get walking sticks for computers? Mines reaching that age :P

Just read back a few posts and i'm not quite sure what Jim meant.
Could someone tell me?
It's pretty late here, so i'm not thinking properly, and busy over the next few days to check when im more awake (Since when have I been? :wink: )
Jim Powers
President
President

Hey, I'm Not Going Anywhere

Post by Jim Powers »

Dear TT-Forums Friends & Others;

Look, I'm not going anywhere. I guess I need to further explain what I meant when I wrote
"About the time that I think that my time here is finished,..."
What I'm trying to state is, the appearently lack of interest in my scenarios lately, causes
me to maybe feel that my contribution of scenarios to TTD, is probably no longer needed.
Now, since I'm too stupid on computers to make grfs. like you great 'Pros', (which I wished
I could do,) thus, appearently "my time here is finished." Ugh!

Now look, I'm not after a 'pity party'. I hate people that wants you to feel sorry for
them all the time, so, the last thing I need is that. Maybe I shouldn't have 'said'
anything. Sorry, guys, for any misunderstanding.

Mr. Raichase, Mr. Dave Worley , Mr. Badger, Mr. Geo.c Ghost, & Mr. Ameecher, you
men are the real contributers. Mr. Badger & Mr. Dave Worley , I always like what I see
in your screenshots and their stories. (I should make more comments there.)
And, Mr. "Depot" Ameecher, your graphics and other much needed contributions
to TTD, and how about Mr. Geo.c Ghost's Night Scenes? And Lastly, Mr. Raichase, look
at all the things you do for TT-Forums.... :shock:
See, you men are what we really need, not just scenarios like I try to do.
We are definitely blest by all your efforts to make TTD and TT-Forum the very best.
So, I really do thank you men for even thinking about me. You're the best!

Always,
Jim Powers
Last edited by Jim Powers on 21 Oct 2007 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hah! Nothing could be further from the truth, and no mistake! Just remember that once I've downloaded ALL of them, I don't need to download them all again :D

Flickr

Geo Ghost

Re: Hey, I'm Going Anywhere

Post by Geo Ghost »

Jim Powers wrote:and how about Mr. Geo.c Ghost's Night Scenes?
Hehe. I miss those days in a way.
Got into making all sorts of abstract stuff.
Never finished my mega-night pic :P

You should keep doing some too. You've made some pretty sweet ones in the past mate :D
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Jim, don't be too sure. We can ave all the greatest graphics sets around, but without kick ass scenarios, where are we going to play them on?

So you cna't do graphics, big deal. What you do with ground and cities is mind-blwing. Lumber Jack remais to this day one of my favourite scenarios. I've done scenarios, but none of them compare to yours. Keep it up, you're the artist that uses the map as a canvas for everyone else's graphics. As long as there are TTD Players and graphics artists, there'll be a need for awesome scenarios.

Maybe things are going throgh a lull right now. Don't take it as a sign you should give up. I for one love seeing what you're coming out with next, and I knoew A LOT of others do too.

Whatever you decide, we've got a legacy of awesome scenarios here. Just be a shame if we didn't see any more ;)
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Jim, you do fantastic scenarios, you should be have been hired by Mirco Prose to make scenarios for TTD.
I'm sure that one day, you can make some wonderful scenarios for OTTD as well, with trilliardopolis sized cities.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Jim Powers
President
President

Re: Scenarios

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Dan Mack;

I'm very honored and humbled by your kindest words of encouragement, Sir.
I wish I could find out just what the main thing in scenarios you all are wanting.
I've tried to read the topics on this subject in the Forum but there's not too many
around. I'm now not really working on scenarios, because I'm playing and reworking my
last scenario "The City III". Appearently making a huge city is not all that popular.
Though "Jim's new York City" is the most popular one on Mr. Krtaylor's fine web site,
yet, it is 7th in my topic at TT-Forums.

My Top 10 most popular scenarios at TT-Forums are:
1. Extreme Cities
2. Outrageous Outback II
3. Out of Africa
4. Russia-Asiapart
5. Flamboyant Florida
6. Europe Classic
7. Jim's new York City
8. Oil Heaven
9. Taming the Swiss
10. Russia-Europart

Three of my top 10 have large cities, five are fairly realistic, four are from the USA,
two from Russia, and two from Europe. Quite a 'spread' of subjects with no real trend
in what others are looking for in my scenarios. So, I'm at a crossroads as to what to
create and where. I need 'input' to continue. I know most everyone wants 'his' country
or state, but, what kind of a scenario does TTD players want, as a whole? :?
Dan, again your kindness is so welcomed. Thank you!

Mr. Dave Worley, you're a fine ol' Chap, you know? I really do appreciate you, my Friend.
And also Mr. M3henry, Wow, that's quite compliment too, but, I think you might have
'over-shot' it a bit, Ha. And Mr. Geo.c Ghost, I'm still looking for those great night scenes,
Ol' Buddy. :wink:

Thanks again for you mighty nice words of much needed encouragement!

Always,
Jim Powers
Dave

Post by Dave »

DanMacK wrote:Jim, don't be too sure. We can ave all the greatest graphics sets around, but without kick ass scenarios, where are we going to play them on?

So you cna't do graphics, big deal. What you do with ground and cities is mind-blwing. Lumber Jack remais to this day one of my favourite scenarios. I've done scenarios, but none of them compare to yours. Keep it up, you're the artist that uses the map as a canvas for everyone else's graphics. As long as there are TTD Players and graphics artists, there'll be a need for awesome scenarios.

Maybe things are going throgh a lull right now. Don't take it as a sign you should give up. I for one love seeing what you're coming out with next, and I knoew A LOT of others do too.

Whatever you decide, we've got a legacy of awesome scenarios here. Just be a shame if we didn't see any more ;)
You were either drunk, suddenly were weighed down with fat-finger syndrome, or just had a huge explosion of keyboard sickness...

Flickr

Geo Ghost

Re: Scenarios

Post by Geo Ghost »

Jim Powers wrote:MrAnd Mr. Geo.c Ghost
Heh. I may do one for old times sake. Havn't done a night-scene for, probably a year now.
Got into making space and abstract graphics :P
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Jim,
When I choose a map I like a map that is challenging and fun, realistic maps I found limit me to much because I have a compulsion to play it realistically. Therefore I like to play a map that is, in real life, nowhere but I can just annexe onto a country. Take my current map for example, it's a remote outpost of the DB network in southern germany in the Alps. That allows me to use the stock realistically and run things in a similar sort of way without being dogged by absolute realism.
That's what I look for in a scenario, hope that helps. :)
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

No worries
Now, are you going to consider making a scenario using the new river feature? I'm sure you could make many a fantastic scenarios with it.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Dave Worley wrote: You were either drunk, suddenly were weighed down with fat-finger syndrome, or just had a huge explosion of keyboard sickness...
Wasn't drunk, maybe it was a combination of the latter 2 :D
Jim Powers
President
President

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. M3henry;

"Are you going to consider making a scenario using the new river feature?"
I didn't know about this, Sir, would you tell me where to get it? It sounds fantastic! :lol:

Always,
Jim powers
(p.s. I spent some time in Egypt, sorry to be late in replying.)
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Switch to the ttdpatch nightly and get mb's wonderful .grf, you will love it, I'm sure.
Jim Powers
President
President

Northeast Rails Part III

Post by Jim Powers »

Dear TT-Forums Friends & Family;

Remember when I made the USA series of scenarios? Well, I've revamped one of my
most popular scenarios,"Northeast Rails "for the third time. Since this area is such
an historical era for trains.

I wanted to make it as enjoyable as possible. Using the latest grf features, I've
started in 1930 and reduced all the major cities to a little over 1,000 population,
changed the grfs, and reworked the landscape and also changed the industry around.
Thus, we now have "Northeast Rails Part III"! :lol:

"Northeast Rails Part III" will play completely differently than the other Northeast Rails
scenarios. And, there are no "Stones" to show where the RR tracks should go. This
scenario's industry specializes in; wood, coal, farms and fish. I believe
"Northeast Rails Part III" will one of my most enjoyable scenarios. :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers
Attachments
TRT00.SV0
"Northeast Rails Part III scenario.
(242.66 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
ttdpatch.cfg
NOW, I think I have the current cfg file.
(34.86 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
newgrf.cfg
And my newgrf file
(662 Bytes) Downloaded 115 times
Jim Powers
President
President

Scenario Listings

Post by Jim Powers »

Dear Mr. Raichase;

Of all the fine TTD friends and 'family' that I've had the pure pleasure of being
associated with here at TT-Forums, you, Mr. Raichase, have been the most patient
and faithful. I am most honored to be a small part of your TTD world! Thanks so
much for your proven loyality and friendship. God truely bless you and yours. :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”