PBS problem

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Menno
Tycoon
Tycoon

PBS problem

Post by Menno »

This post concerns a PBS problem with TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 67 DOS.

I've searched in the forums, and found out there's been many PBS problems, but I think this one hasn't been reported before, I found it out today.
It's about a train, on its own track, there's no other train on the track, save for a station (Michelhausen) that is shared with two other trains. Sometimes at (I think) random moments. The train is afraid to turn around at the other station (Rottburg) and I get a message. (SCR44)
I then try to set the train working again but it stops again. I can click as many times as I want but it won't go, until about 30 seconds after the first message. It does not matter how many times I clicked. Neither does it matter if there is a train in the signal block in front of station Michelhausen.
So, to find out where the problem was, I put all of the train's track full of signals. The train then never refused to turn around again, but stopped at the first signal after the bridge. (SCR42)
After removing this signal the train travelled along one more signal but stopped at the next. Also if the train approaches from the other side (from Michelhausen) it has trouble entering its track. (SCR45)
This only happens with PBS signals, but all normal signals are converted to PBS once the trains passes them, so it's no use.
The problem so lies between the bridge and the signal block in front of Michelhausen station. There has been no problem on the other side of the bridge.
Attachments
Train also stops on the other side
Train also stops on the other side
SCR45.png (69.08 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Train stops at green PBS signal
Train stops at green PBS signal
SCR42.png (69.52 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Train stopped + message
Train stopped + message
SCR44.png (64.24 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
*hmz*
Menno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Menno »

TTDpatch.cfg
newgrf.cfg
trp10.sv1
Attachments
Trp10.sv1
Savegame
(344.16 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
newgrf.cfg
(550 Bytes) Downloaded 84 times
Ttdpatch.cfg
(33.33 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
*hmz*
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Can we get a picture of Rotenburg station?

Your second picture has unsafe junctions. There must be at least one normal tile between any two PBS signals.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

On your second problem, you need to have a reservable tile between pbs signals.

edit: /me pokes Dalestan
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

The first problem might be that there's a too long stretch without signals. You can't have more than 64 tiles between a PBS signal and either the end of line or another signal.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Menno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Menno »

Then I wished my signals didn't automatically convert to PBS :(.
But, as asked for, a picture of Rottburg station, and the rest of the track too.
Indeed the problem is solved when I place a signal about halfway in the track. But it still seems strange to me that the train gives an unsafe turnaround message about half of the time, and the other half of the time not, why then doesn't it do it all the time?
Attachments
SCR48.png
SCR48.png (88.63 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
SCR47.png
SCR47.png (79.93 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
SCR46.png
SCR46.png (52.61 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
*hmz*
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

I believe pathbasedsignalling is a bitswitch, and that you can disable automatic conversions. I did something to disable the auto-conversions a while ago.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”