Minimap size issue

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Paulby
Engineer
Engineer

Minimap size issue

Post by Paulby »

New player. When I open the minimap to look for industries etc the minimap is too small and cannot be zoomed in enough to make it usable. Looking at Timberwolf's tutorial he can zoom in. Do need a mod or is it a settings issue?
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Minimap size issue

Post by skc »

I was sure there was a setting, but I've just looked through all the settings (in v14.0) and couldn't find one.

The minimap window can be enlarged to allow you to see a larger portion of the map, and can be zoomed in and out a little bit (provided that you have the scrollwheel behaviour set to 'zoom'), but stays 'well zoomed out' even at it's closest zoom level.
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

The CityMania version of the game allows you to zoom in further. :)
Minimap in CityMania game version.png
Minimap in CityMania game version.png (43 KiB) Viewed 254 times
This version is compatible with the regular version (you can play online with others who have the regular version), but has some very cool improvements. There is currently no 14.0 equivalent yet. The last one is still 13.4. You can download it here: https://citymania.org/downloads
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

LaChupacabra wrote: 14 May 2024 00:08There is currently no 14.0 equivalent yet.
There are pre-release versions of citymania client for 14.0 and 14.1 on the github https://github.com/citymania-org/cmclient/releases

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”