[Released] Tramwagon for Be 4/4

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Released] Tramwagon for Be 4/4

Post by Hyronymus »

It's nothing major but I thought it would be cool to have wagons you can attacht to trams. The tramway company in my hometown used this setup for almost 30 years so it's not a question of realism. I started with the tram1.dat file, which appearently is the Be 4/4 tram. The other trams will follow soon. I removed power properties, visual effects properties and sound properties since it acts like a dummy. In exchange I made it lighter and capable of carrying more passengers. Please let me know if you think the wagon slows the engine down too much. I'll add a fix for the engine too then.
Attachments
tram1wgn.zip
(12.85 KiB) Downloaded 2196 times
Screenshot of the Be 4/4 tramwagon
Screenshot of the Be 4/4 tramwagon
Be44 Tramwagon.png (81.89 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Idear

Post by TheGrew »

It makes it a bit slow when you add them on is there a way off adding extra power cars.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

just lighten the car or add some power to it
Also, can we have a trailer for Tram2.DAT?
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Didn't I write there's more to come, singapore? Patience is a virtue, get it now. I see what solution I choose for tweaking the speed.
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Combi Tram

Post by TheGrew »

After you have done this it would be nice to be able to add coaches to the combi tram.
Olli
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Olli »

Good mod, I think each tram needs its own engine, or it needs to be 2 headed with one engine (and controll wagon) in each head.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Like the above post, i think you should just allow coupling of 2 trams together, rather than creating an extra wagon.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Olli wrote:Good mod, I think each tram needs its own engine, or it needs to be 2 headed with one engine (and controll wagon) in each head.
I assume you mean dual-headed as in tow wagons that together form 1 tram, like the Be 4/6 tram? I can't do that for the Ce 2/2 and the Be 4/4 because that would 'damage' the way they are designed. Each tram has cabins on both sides of the single wagon it's made of. About giving each wagon an engine: that comes down to adding multiple Be 4/4's together, in effect only changing the proper byte in the dat file. That's something anyone can do fir him/herself. I specificly wanted to have non-powered wagons but maybe I'll change my view on it.
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Double trams are very much a reality, they use them in many towns. Thing is though they are not so much a wagon, but two trams with their own engine, being driven by one driver.

Example is this tram in Utrecht, The Netherlands:

Both trams run their own electricity, their own engine. Driver sits in the front tram and drives the whole lot.
tokama
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokama »

So long the tram.
The existing of long trams and EMU in railroad might be compatible in the world, in future.
At least, the rail gauge of modern tram is same as standard railway,
trams just use some narrow bodies.
I hope LoMo will do it in future. 8)
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Hi,

Further to the coupling together of two trams, it should be possible to add the so called "Sänfte" to the Be 4/6 Trams as a middle waggon.

The "Sänfte" is an additional waggon with low floor entry that has been invented to extend the live of the Be 4/6 Trams (Tram2000) in Zürich and Basel, and to meet with customer expectations of low floor trams. Please see the following links:

http://www.vbz.ch/vbz_opencms/opencms/v ... rwegs.html

http://www.vbz.ch/vbz_opencms/opencms/v ... ahme2.html

It would be brilliant if anybody could create something like this. I would do it myself, but unfortunatelly I'm not smart enough for this sort of things.

thanks.

rgds
Paul
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Yes, but back in the old days, there used to be unpowered trailers - the Witt streetcars in Toronto used this extensively on busy routes. I can't find any pictures, sadly.

EDIT: Aha!
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And that's why I designed a powerless coach for the Be 4/4. It was more common to have unpowered coaches back then. The planned release of the Ce 2/2 wagon will be unpowered too but I'm seriously thinking about making the Be 4/6 unpowered. I have no clue how to make a low-floor version appear in game. That might need some help from Patchman, we'll see.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

You're a good man.

Many thanks in advance.
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Johns_Volition
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Johns_Volition »

Damn I'll drive with those to school every day...
-
whatever

"The universe would disappear in a puff of logic!"
-Patchman MMIV A.D.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Now, Johns_Volition
Tell me: Where are the dark hills of switzerland?

Despite my name, I'm swiss myself, but never heard that expression.
Johns_Volition
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Johns_Volition »

Well they are dark if i look out of the window... right now at 7... but in fact I guess you could call them Jura, and the town Basel!
-
whatever

-Patchman MMIV A.D.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

hehe,

I'm gonna be in Basel myself on Thursday/Friday this week. For work though, so no pleasure. But how's the weather? I heard that snow has fallen already in Flims, so i'm a bit scared. Do I have to bring the thick jacket with me?
Johns_Volition
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Johns_Volition »

If it stays like now (incredible nasty), yes you'll need a jacket,... it's rainy and cold, but i wouldn't expect snow before december here... (basel's only 300m high)

Anyway what leads you to basel... hm there is the big fall expo, and of course chemical industry... nothing else here, so those are my guesses :)
-
whatever

-Patchman MMIV A.D.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Work, it is anyways...

Have to do Software specification for a new release of the current software we use.

So basically it is sitting in a meeting for two days and talk about possible things we would like to have or not and all this sort of things. Talk about stuff that is not even existing yet, but causes some emotional outburst from some of the italian collegues already.

So me as a swiss guy is representing Ireland, as this is where I currently live. Afterwards (Sat, Sun) I will go to Schaffhausen to visit my family, and on Sunday will fly back to Dublin, only to by flying out again to Basel someday next week.

Love this live, I have to say... (Only downside is that I have no time for Locomotion or TTDLX)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”