Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Android port

Post by pelya »

Android version updated to 1.6.0. Sources and .apk file. Please report whatever GUI bugs you'll find.

Minimap was improved in this release, which means you can scroll it now with one finger instead of two.

Multiplayer client list window is back to the PC variant - list items are too small for a finger. I'm too lazy to fix that right now, also when I've fixed it last time, this window did not draw at all on servers with more than 6 players.

Thanks to frosch and new Eints thingie, you can translate Android-specific game strings to your favorite language here: https://translator.openttdcoop.org/proj ... -translate
There are currently 22 strings to translate.

I had grandiose plans implement hiding all windows whenever you're building something, and confirmation dialog so you won't need two-finger tap to cancel building misplaced station, but eh, maybe next time.

I've also tried to submit OpenTTD to F-Droid two months ago, but internet connection on their build server gave up ghost right when my build scripts started fetching random libraries from the net. I've copied all such libraries to my repo since then, so maybe I'll succeed on the second attempt.

I've also discovered the new proper method of merging Android changes to the upstream branch. OpenTTD svn2git kills all commit history when a new stable branch is created, so the trick is to base your branch on the upstream master branch instead, on the commit from which new stable branch was forked. Then you just do 'git merge' with your patched master branch, and it keeps your commit history instead of clumping everything into one huge mega-patch. When the official branch updates, you nave to do 'git cherry-pick' instead of 'git merge', but it's a relatively small inconvenience.
Fyeah26
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fyeah26 »

The version 1.6.0.49 broke the "full load" feature. All my vehicles only load 30% of cargo.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Does it work okay in PC version?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

are you sure you're not loading multiple cargo types? with "full load any" it'll go when one of the cargo types is full (e.g. 4 bags of mail in the engine)
FreePainter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FreePainter »

Good day, same problem with "Full load", train load up 25% (4t out of 16t in wagon). Sorry for my english, it is a bit rusty.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I've fixed this bug and pushed a new release.
FreePainter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FreePainter »

Thank you, it works fine now.
vanquishfist
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vanquishfist »

I had the same loading issue, glad to hear it is now fixed. Also thank you for fixing the available vehicles bug too.

I will post any bugs found on here now that I know this is the correct place.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

New update!

Now you will have a confirmation dialog when building anything on the map, also all windows will be hidden.
This makes two-finger gesture not needed anymore, except for scrolling map when building long roads.

Does this improve touchscreen usability as much as I expect?

Also, minimap window legend is finally fixed.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I have an issue in last few updates, running on Samsung galaxy S duos with ICS.

Toolbars appear on left and right sides of screen, even if I set them to top and bottom.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

There was an option in game settings, but I've replaced it with another option. I'll fix that in the next version. For now you'll have to manually set option vertical_toolbar to false inside openttd.cfg, at Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/files/.openttd/openttd.cfg on your SD card.
Also I did not test classic toolbar for a long time, so it might be broken.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Working now, thank you for fast response. :)

Hope it'll be fixed in next version (personally I used to have horizontal toolbars, and vertical toolbars are too uncomfortable for me).
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

New update.
You can now select video color depth in game options. So you finally can re-enable water animation by selecting 8-bit video mode, but then fonts will look poor. 32-bit video mode works quite slowly on my Note 3, and shows a warning about sprite cache memory, so I suggest to enable 32-bit video mode on some serious gaming rigs, like that latest Nvidia tablet. Also I don't understand why zBase does not have water animation in 24bpp, OpenGFX has it.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

as far as i understand it, zBase is some quick-and-dirty proof of concept. it might not have every feature that would be possible.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Really? It's quite damn popular for a proof of concept.
But you are probably correct, because PC version of OpenTTD does not show water animation either, when using zBase.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

pelya wrote:New update.
You can now select video color depth in game options. So you finally can re-enable water animation by selecting 8-bit video mode, but then fonts will look poor. 32-bit video mode works quite slowly on my Note 3, and shows a warning about sprite cache memory, so I suggest to enable 32-bit video mode on some serious gaming rigs, like that latest Nvidia tablet. Also I don't understand why zBase does not have water animation in 24bpp, OpenGFX has it.
OpenGFX is not 32BPP, it is 8BPP paletted. The palette animation is easy with 8BPP sprites and does not quite work that way with 32BPP sprites (as there's no palette as such).
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Yes, the water animation is also absent in PC version of OpenTTD, when you use zBase. I would love to have it, but I'm not adding a separate palette mask to my fast cool 16bpp renderer.

I've pushed another update, I've only fixed multiplayer clients window, which was broken in Android version since forever, and updated translations. That new translator website really does work, now Android-specific strings are translated into German, Russian, Mexican Spanish, Serbian, Croatian, Gaelic, and Latin. I wonder who uses Latin nowadays, Wikipedia states that the only country where it's an official language is Vatican.

Sourceforge.net won't allow me to upload .apk files anymore, looks like their new shiny malware scanner f*** up, so here's a Github link to the .apk file.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

pelya wrote:Really? It's quite damn popular for a proof of concept.
But you are probably correct, because PC version of OpenTTD does not show water animation either, when using zBase.
Yeah, zBase kinda is a proof of concept. A big push to get a half decent & usable 32bpp/extra zoom graphics set, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I can think of a few ways to add water animation to it, but don't really have time to try...
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Does this involve modifying game code, or could it be done in NewGRF only?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

pelya wrote:Does this involve modifying game code, or could it be done in NewGRF only?
as long as the 32bpp-anim blitter is used, this should work with just grf stuff.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”