Unknown Action 0 Property

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Unknown Action 0 Property

Post by AlexG »

Hello everyone

I'm new here...and glad to be here :)

A couple of months ago I've started a scenario (Europe) and tried to remake the real infrastructure (roads and rails) and it did go pretty well. I did work on Openttd 1.0.5 cause there I could make more modifications on GRF and others and after a hard work I've moved the map on Openttd r22273M because there I have tracksharing and daylength ( I didn't understand why isn't in other versions too...) anyway I've had the unpleasant surprise to find out that in the newer version, after you started the game, you can't change the GRF's...which it's a real real bad thing (more friends of mine complaining of that), same problem with version 1.1.0. I did ignore that and after doing some searches I've found some new grf's to add (I've added them in 1.0.5 cause there I could :roll: ) and I've moved the map in the r22273M version. All went so well, no bugs, errors...until when I've tried to update the Nu tracks....after doing that it did replace all my Low, Medium, High and Very High speed lines into Very Slow rails and it's a totally chaos now. Besides that, I got the Unknown Action 0 Property error on Nu Tracks making them Disabled...
I've played a lot and I don't want to lose my work cause I would really hate ottd after that. More friends of mine tried to make some servers using different versions of Nu Tracks and they have the same error with Action 0 and their Track panel it's totally messed :?:
More and more people complaining about the last version of Openttd and Nu Tracks but no one post anything...

So...how I could "repair" my map without loosing the Medium, High...rails and even if I can't repair that, I will try to rebuild \ convert the rails back once I got a real working version of Nu Tracks :!:
And try please changing back the idea with "no GRF modifications after the game started"...

Ah and the problem with track panel...on Very Low speed rails the icons on the track panel (tracks, tunnels, bridges, stations) are displayed correctly but on Medium, High, Low, Very High are displayed wrong and instead of that there are building shown and if I move around the map it's leaves a trail with buildings...and I'm not the only one have this problem...

What versions of Nu Tracks I do use: Nu tracks 1.0.0, r122 and r179

Thank you for help :(
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unknown Action 0 Property

Post by Yexo »

You know, those problems you had are exactly the reason why changing NewGRFs was disabled. I'm not sure if there is any hope for that game other than loading a not-yet-messed up version and continuing with that. If you insist on changing the newgrf config do a search in these forums. I won't solve your problems though.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

So...
I've loaded an earlier save and it did bring back my correct infrastructure and everything works well (Openttd 1.0.5 version) Same save works identically and correctly in Openttd r22273M.
After that I've added some GRF but the "9 Tile Roundhouses" and Low, Medium, High and Very high speed track icons aren't displayed correctly. So the game it's ok but when I've added those GRF's everything stopped working how it should be...
I'm playing with to many GRF or some of the new GRF's added aren't working how it should be.
Here's a list of the GRF's added:

Maritime Collection (it's doesn't work in any version of Openttd)
2cc Trainset 2.0.0 Beta 3
Container Freight Station and Harbour
CSD Set 1.5 Beta
Fish 0.9.0
Generic European Set 2.1 Public Alpha
MAV Set Beta 1.4
New Ships v0.4 ECS
Romanian Train Set v0.2
Serbian standard gauge rail set (I have a yellow icon in the front of the grf "Matching file not found. Compatible GRF loaded" and if I select Find Missing Content Online it says that I don't have this GRF nor I can get it online)
World Airlines
City Bank
Serbian Road Vehicles
Main HQ
CS Tram Set 0.2
Fake Airport v2
Rivers v0.113
NuTracks r115

In the working save I have NuTracks before DBXL and in the other save I have after DBXL. I don't think it doesn't matter so much...

Ah and after I've tried the same save in Ottd r22273M it did work, after that I've added those GRF and changed some game settings but I'm still thinking the error it's from those GRF. Any idea ?

Incorrect display of GRF:

Correct:
Last edited by AlexG on 05 Apr 2011 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Sadguardian wrote: I'm playing with to many GRF or some of the new GRF's added aren't working how it should be.
it's from those GRF. Any idea ?
Yes. Do NOT add NewGRF after the map was created. As you experience, it has a good probability to destroy your map. Adding, changing or removing NewGRFs after map creation is an unsecure and unsupported thing. Nothing anyone can do about. Just because you can change newgrfs at a later stage in 1.0.x doesn't mean it's a safe operation there. You better get looking for this serbian rail set.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

1.0.x had a bug where a value could overflow in the sprite cache, when many (large) grfs are loaded. but that should be fixed in 1.1.0/trunk
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

The problem you posted about is one of the problems that can happen when you modify newgrfs in an existing game. If you post a savegame we'll be able to find out if that was the actual reason or if there is a bug somewhere else.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

Ok...
I did remove some GRF's or add others. It seems my Modular Locomotive Sheds were missing and now they work correctly. About NuTracks...I did remove Serbian Standard Gauge Rail Set and it seems it have done some modifications in displaying the correct icons (track icons in Track Panel)...now there aren't any buildings :D only question symbols :) but the only version of Nu Tracks working more correctly it's r115 (I've tried 1.0.0, r122 and r179 and if I use them, it's a totally chaos).
From that list, now I'm using only:
2cc Trainset
Container Freight Station and Harbour
CSD Set
Fish
GES
MAV
RO Train Set
CS Tram
Nu Tracks r115

So what I've did...I've opened a save who did work earlier, remove some GRF and played with default game settings (Advanced Settings). Now I will try to change some settings in the Advanced panel to see if I can mess up the game again cause last time when I changed that, it kinda did mess up things in the game...
Attachments
EuroBahn, 19th Apr 2043.sav
Save file
(5.52 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
Last edited by AlexG on 05 Apr 2011 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Whatever you do, that savegame is now already so messed up that all bugs you encounter will be ignored due to changing newgrfs in game. Keep that in mind when you encounter any bug and first try to reproduce it in a new savegame. Best would be without any newgrf at all but if it's needed as little as possible.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

I know it's wrong to add grf's after the game started. I've had a list with what I wanted to play and I've added them before the game started but a couple of days ago I did found 4-5 GRF's and I did added them but in that moment I've already started to build...Now it seems I don't get the Unknown Action 0 Property error only if I use other version of Nu Tracks than r115.
I thought there's a way to repair the game and continue playing with GES, MAV and CSD Set, to make the map more real (I was already using PKP and DB Train Sets). If I can't make it work stable with the other train sets added, than I will play only with what I have...at least I did make the save and infrastructure working and now I don't need to start all over with converting tracks...I don't care to much if there are some icons displayed incorrectly...just I hope it will remain at least stable as now. I don't want to find out later that my save doesn't load at all :roll:
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Let me tel you i m feel very sorry for you. You ve been doing really great work. I really like the map and the network.

That s just too bad that the scenario is broken. But we have to understand that the develloper don t want to spend their time answering about bug that player are bringing in... A scenario maker should know basics about newgrf before starting. Actually, I recently wrote a post on the forum about how to make a "clean" scenario. ( http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=50226 )

Don t give up making scenario, i m sure your work could lead to some great release for the community

P.S: you are not the only one who experienced that, i also had some cool work going on that i just gave up for this reason... but that s also how i learn about what to do and what not to do...

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”