Cannot buy new trains or plans

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mj1985
Engineer
Engineer

Cannot buy new trains or plans

Post by mj1985 »

Hey,

today I updated OpenTTD from 0.74 to 1.0.5. No problems while installing, but after I tried to open my last savegame I wasn't able to buy new trains or plans.
With the old version I there was a problem with double entries.

I can buy cars without any problems. Maybe there was something wrong with my savegame before?
I attached my savegame, maybe someon can help me? Thank you :)
Attachments
Melbrück Transport, 23. Okt 2013.sav
(659.13 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cannot buy new trains or plans

Post by Hyronymus »

Do you have enoug money and are you positive you're not trying to buy electric locomotives in a non-electric depot?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Given your description I deduce that you started out with some vehicle NewGRFs and removed them while playing. This is what caused the invalid/double entries in 0.7.x. These invalid entries are not shown anymore in 1.0.x, which is why you can't build any vehicles anymore.

So yes, your savegame is screwed but it is caused by you removing the NewGRFs in-game and ignoring the big red warning.
mj1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mj1985 »

Hyronymus wrote:Do you have enoug money and are you positive you're not trying to buy electric locomotives in a non-electric depot?
Yes, I have millions of Euros and yes I tried the right locomotives.
Rubidium wrote:Given your description I deduce that you started out with some vehicle NewGRFs and removed them while playing. This is what caused the invalid/double entries in 0.7.x. These invalid entries are not shown anymore in 1.0.x, which is why you can't build any vehicles anymore.

So yes, your savegame is screwed but it is caused by you removing the NewGRFs in-game and ignoring the big red warning.
I CAN buy vehicles, I can buy cars/trucks without any problem and I had the double entries in the trucks, too. So that's weird.
As far as I can remember I tested the NewGRF's not in-game, I quit my game, but to be honest I am not very sure about this (I did this long time ago).

So my game is lost? Bummer :cry:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Depends. As Rubidium pointed out it seems you're missing GRF's. Load your game, open the NewGRF window and see what messages are there. Perhaps you can trace back which sets you once had.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

mj1985 wrote:As far as I can remember I tested the NewGRF's not in-game, I quit my game, but to be honest I am not very sure about this (I did this long time ago).:
You did not do it once, you did it 4 times. You might be able to save your savegame by adding some vehicle newgrfs to it. No guarantee it'll work and it might break even harder.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Nothing removed?

There are multiple occurances where you removed train newgrfs and even more where you removed others.
Attachments
nothing_removed.png
nothing_removed.png (78.83 KiB) Viewed 472 times
mj1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mj1985 »

Yexo wrote:
mj1985 wrote:As far as I can remember I tested the NewGRF's not in-game, I quit my game, but to be honest I am not very sure about this (I did this long time ago).:
You did not do it once, you did it 4 times. You might be able to save your savegame by adding some vehicle newgrfs to it. No guarantee it'll work and it might break even harder.
Damn it, but I tried to add some NewGRFs and finally I am able to buy trains and planes again. Thank you for the hint, no crash so far :)
Now I know, what I did wrong :oops:
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Just don't do it again! :p
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”