[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Remarul
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [WIP] INFRA by SAC

Post by Remarul »

OH MAN! :bow:

This stuff really looks good!

Congratz!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

UPDATE #3: The grf now detects and matches the terrain type (grass, snow, tundra, desert or rainforest) for the object. It's automatic - no pesky parameters to set; just select your climate and start your game (TTDPatch or OpenTTD).
NOTE: The GRFID has not changed, so if this is a replacement for you, DELETE THE OLD FILE BEFORE INSTALLING.
UPDATE #2: Due to popular request, the download files have been updated to work in all climates except Toyland. Note that the ground will be grassy until it is worked out how best to show desert/snow where appropriate. Give me a week or so to get it right. NOTE: The GRFID has not changed, so if this is a replacement for you, DELETE THE OLD FILE BEFORE INSTALLING.
UPDATE: The download files have been replaced with new ones that work on TTDPatch r2345 and OpenTTD r20757.

It has always bothered me that SAC's infra_landscapew.grf replaced TTDX's lighthouse and communications tower and I could not access all four items in the same game, so, now that newobjects are a reality in TTDPatch and OpenTTD and with SAC's very kind permission, I offer her power transmission towers and her lightpole as newobjects. :D
sacsobjects1w.grf
Windows palleted version
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 1132 times
sacobj1d.grf
DOS palleted version
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Last edited by wallyweb on 16 Oct 2010 14:47, edited 5 times in total.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks Wally! We've been holding on to this excellent feature until now, but as of today it's officially possible to add "eye candy" to the game... :))

And as far as INFRA concerns, along with the massive amount of new buildings I've made lately, (to be seen in upcoming screens inside the INFRA Diary), I have of course also focused on some new "eye candy" as well...

And we have more surprises to announce Wally, but all in good time... :wink:

Let's roll...

:mrgreen:
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

sacsobjects1 - A small update to the Windows version and I just added the DOS version which needs testing.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Just realized it's been awhile since I posted images of new or improved buildings, but here goes;

The two first buildings are common residential buildings in different colors... Nothing special really... Simply as ugly as they do tend to look in real life... :))

The 3rd one is an attempt to give Zimmlocks Stock Exchange a "facelift"... Haven't decided what it could be used as, but it looks good in game though...

The 4th and last one is my new headquarter, based on a building from a completely different game... :))

ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

i simply LOVE #1

#2 is the least i recon, but again super job SAC, your always good for some promising stuff:)

Ottd-support for full scenario would be awesome, though i understand we lack features
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:The 4th and last one is my new headquarter, based on a building from a completely different game... :))
Different game? Sounds like an invasion to me! Summon the defensive forces! They are after SAC's excellent stuff! :shock:
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Circeus »

That fourth building (also the first two, in fact) is ridiculously reminding of something that could have come right out of Sim City 2000 (I miss all the awesome SC2K sites that once peppered the Internet...).
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

<insert here opinions how great and amazing are buildings 1, 2, 4>
The third building looks like made of ash.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Kogut wrote:<insert here opinions how great and amazing are buildings 1, 2, 4>
The third building looks like made of ash.
I like the first one :mrgreen:
Image Image Image Image
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

George wrote:I like the first one
I'm with George here, I love them both actually. I have always had a thing for flats :oops:
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I love how there's people walking around everywhere. Makes the game more alive.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Circeus wrote:That fourth building (also the first two, in fact) is ridiculously reminding of something that could have come right out of Sim City 2000 (I miss all the awesome SC2K sites that once peppered the Internet...).
Spot on Circeus... :mrgreen: The 4th one is actually based on an SC2K building. This one is larger though as most SC2K building dimensions in comparison are smaller than TTDLX equivalents...

In fact, SC2K buildings can give you loads of inspiration - especially as they are good 'ol fashion pixel work too...
Kogut wrote: The third building looks like made of ash.
Yes, again, it does look better in game and there are in fact buildings out there in the real world that are both gray and black, so why not in TTDLX? :))

Trust me, it works... :mrgreen:

And I have to agree with the rest of you about your opinions of flats... I love 'em too!! :mrgreen: Have made a bunch of them really...
wallyweb wrote:Different game? Sounds like an invasion to me! Summon the defensive forces! They are after SAC's excellent stuff! :shock:
:mrgreen:

Perhaps I should draw some military stuff, just to defend our world?

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Hmmm... I could use some input... Sometimes I tend to stare too much on an object and goes totally blind... :mrgreen:

While I love Zimmlocks churches I have added a couple of "mirrored" ones that were missing - in my humble opinion. But I also work on one of my own, and here's were I get a bit lost...

I can't decide whether to add the smaller "towers" on the backside of the church or not... Any opinions? Don't mind the sidings itself as I'm not done with those yet... :))
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

With additional towers added it rather approaches the style of a palace than a church or cathedral. Besides: it looks like a 2x3 tile building while (O)TTD(P) only support 2x2 at most.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, can't speak for OTTD but TTDP has support for my work... :wink:

It's not even decided if it should be a 2x3 building or a 3x3 building... That is dependable on a possible cemetery in the front... :mrgreen:

Eye candy, (NewObjects), is the feature itself...

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Sure, if you only declare the church as NewObject, it'll work in TTDP. But I'd consider that a waste of a good church, which from my game play perception should be part of a town set - not (only) an object the player has to build him/herself.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

There is a solution here. Religious structures (Churches, Synagogues, Temples and Mosques) usually are established as smaller buildings to serve the religious needs of the local community. They then grow as the community grows over time. Why not have a basic 4x4 building for the town to build and then a matching set of newobjects that can be attached to that building as desired? A bit of a challenge, but I bet SAC is up to it. :wink: I, myself, have just such a building in mind (more news on this when it is ready). Note that this technique need not be reserved for religious structures.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Sure, that'll work too... But on my behalf not in the near future as I already have waay to much objects to work on already... But still, the idea is good! :))

Personally I prefer to be able to place some structures based on my own will, not because the game itself thinks it should. In fact, was it possible at all, I'd prefer to place every single building myself... Kind of how you chose a specific station and it works as supposed too - Imagine getting a similar list although for town structures, being able to choose yourself and the game builds whatever structure you've chosen... :wink:

I suppose that's why I have my bulldozers working double shifts in my towns - poor Vasa - getting what I want... :mrgreen:

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Well, that basic building concept wouldn't be needed until you are ready for a release. In your case, where you are primarily focused on scenarios and screenshots, I think your approach is fine. :D

Return to “Graphics Development”