FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development & Translatio

Post by FooBar »

As a general remark: translations aren't missed when added to the issue tracker.

@Brumi: I've now added your new Hungarian translation, it's in r2754.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Brumi wrote:It seems you forgot to commit my latest update to the Hungarian translation and it didn't make it into 0.7.3. Not a big deal though, there weren't any big changes :wink:
Sorry ;) 0.7.4 won't be far away, maybe a few weeks if all goes well.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

In all zoomed-out levels (not closest normal or EZ zoom levels), some animation sprites for the windmill appear to be offset one pixel higher than in other stages of the animation. This causes the windmill (whole building, not just sails) to move up and down by a pixel as the sails turn, which looks silly :wink: . This applies to FIRS 0.6.4 and 0.7.1, presumably others too.

To reproduce:
Find a game with at least one windmill; zoom out a bit and watch it :P .
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

andythenorth wrote:Improved Cement Plant: reshaded large shed, fixed the kiln animation.
The old shed fit in better with the "smooth" rest, the enormous contrast on the new one also seems unnatural. Compare especially the gate.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The old shed fit in better with the "smooth" rest, the enormous contrast on the new one also seems unnatural
Agreed - the new one is just a completely different style to the rest of the complex - colourful, high contrast and sharp edges. Surely being a cement plant, everything should be dust-covered, pale and low-contrast?

Thanks for fixing the windmills though :P
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Suggestion for US English:
ploughs --> plows (found under STR_EXTRA_SMITHY_FORGE)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
OliTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OliTTD »

andythenorth wrote:FIRS 0.7.4 is ready to go. Any translations provided before Saturday will be included.
8) There it is.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Done, it's in r2796 :)

EDIT:
@PaulC: I've also added your Australian English translation. I'm not sure what to do with the American English one, as there already exists an American English translation that has many more strings in it. It would somehow need to be merged I guess and then stripped from duplicates that are already in the British English translation.
Andy probably knows what's up with this :)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

I've added the US English and will maintain that translation as I prefer US English for FIRS.

PaulC is now the official maintainer of AU and GB translations (for as long he wants to be, and not longer) :)
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

FooBar wrote:@PaulC: I've also added your Australian English translation. I'm not sure what to do with the American English one, as there already exists an American English translation that has many more strings in it. It would somehow need to be merged I guess and then stripped from duplicates that are already in the British English translation.
Andy probably knows what's up with this :)
You can ignore the translations posted above, the updated files were uploaded at the DevZone. But I think Andy's sorted it anyway...
andythenorth wrote:PaulC is now the official maintainer of AU and GB translations (for as long he wants to be, and not longer) :)
If there are any Aussies out there who are interested in maintaining the AU translation, then you're more than welcome. :)
OliTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OliTTD »

Right right right, so I made the first deadline but not the second :cry: , and I see that a few strings have been added meanwhile :? . This v0.6 of mine will be the fastest obsolete version ever :mrgreen:

Here is v0.7 then, including STR_FUND_AVAILABLE_FROM but not the various STR_FUND_AVAILABLE_FROM_DATE_* as they don't need to be translated.

Please note that a whitespace is missing in english.lng after the colon in STR_FUND_AVAILABLE_FROM :

Code: Select all

should be  STR_FUND_AVAILABLE_FROM :{}{BLACK}Available from: {YELLOW}{STRING}
instead of STR_FUND_AVAILABLE_FROM :{}{BLACK}Available from:{YELLOW}{STRING}
OliTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OliTTD »

andythenorth wrote:I thought there should be whitespace there too, but not having it is consistent with OpenTTD text in the fund menu.
Strange, it looks inconsistent to me, or are you referring to something else? Perhaps new developments I'm not aware of? Or could it be the font/font size used?

Screenshot with oTTD r24186 + FIRS r2814

Edit: spelling mistakes
Attachments
Fund - White space or not white space?
Fund - White space or not white space?
oTTD-en-fund-colon.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
Last edited by OliTTD on 28 Apr 2012 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
marek17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marek17 »

Hello
Do you translate into Slovak and Czech language?
Motherboard:ASUS P8Z77-V CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K RAM: 4x8GB Crucial BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7950 Boost
PSU: Enermax 525W Pro82+ HDD: 3x WD 3TB SATA3.0
DVDROM: Bluray LG BH16NS40,LiteON iHAS 124E Monitor: Eizo 24" EV2436WFS3-BK EcoView Case: BitFenix Colossus Red Bigtower

Return to “Graphics Development”