Norwegian (NSB) Trainset | Taster released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Should the metro be in the set?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2004 16:34

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 14

DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Norwegian (NSB) Trainset | Taster released!

Post by DJ Nekkid »

thanx... :)
Member of the
ImageImage
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

I will blow life to this thread with a request, as a Norwegian, who got a map of Scandinavia in OTTD, and live north of Trondheim where we never will see a train with pantographs and el-motors. I really want the Di3 and Di4 to be made, as my route from Trondheim to Bodø feels very uncomplete when the trains are dragged by some random swedish ones and Di8s, and later CD77s. Both are grand locos, and have serviced Norway for many years, and still do, so, you get my point. With the NSB set or as separate grfs would be nice.

And, yeah, for the fun of it, Di6, make it a high speed train with low HP and only make it available from the original date to one year after, to simulate the crap it really was :P

Håper dere får gjort dette, som nordlending som sjelden ser andre tog enn disse er det trasig å ikke ha dem her.
Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4,0GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970, Intel 530 SSD
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

if you make them i can code them as an addon :)
Member of the
ImageImage
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

Well I can't draw, I suck, irl and on pc, so... Yeah. But if somebody wants to draw them, then, yeah.. But do you know if there is a version of OTTD civ with engine pool? I want to use the swedish and the Norwegian trains, plus the YAPP and traffic lights... Doh

I know Purno and fire87 doesn't draw anymore, but we can ask them, the worst is a no ;) I think there are many people that want the three last missing engines. But, if you can find me a tutorial for drawing (purno got one) I can try.... But can you get them into the orignal NSB set then?
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

if the original author permits me to do so, no problem :)
Member of the
ImageImage
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

It was fire87, whom I got on MSN, but he is off now, but can you help me to draw and code, meanwhile, just for private, and then we talk to them, and maybe publishing it? I talk to u on PM just soon...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

jimmydanny wrote:But can you get them into the orignal NSB set then?
If you know what Vehicle IDs are left, you can always make a addon-GRF which overrides these, AFAIK.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

or with openttd just make a new one at will work anyway ;)
Member of the
ImageImage
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

Well, while I'm at it, how can I get a train to have to different liveries? Like change them in refit?
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Dunno if this topic is completely dead yet.. Let's pump some life into it again anyway! :D

I have tried to draw the sides of the "Nr. 3, Ohma Electra".

Norwegian:
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohma_Electra

English:
"Ohma Electra"
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ohma Electra is an alternating current locomotive in the ownership of the line Sanctus Omega Fraternal Association. The locomotive can be found on Gløshaugen NTNU in Trondheim.

The locomotive's original name is Nr. 3, and was one of three locomotives that were put into operation on Thamshavnbanen in 1908. The locomotive Gløshaugen arrived in the 15th September 1972, and today on a ca. 13 meters long railway. The locomotive is still roadworthy, as opposed to computer students steam locomotive "Bjørkelangen".
Attachments
Nr. 3 Ohma Electra.PNG
Nr. 3 Ohma Electra.PNG (642 Bytes) Viewed 3309 times
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

I must say I'm surprised that this set still has some interest, considering it was halted for about half a year ago.
And it's nice to see that people still contributes to this set :)

Now, for the future, I'd like to say that all of my work (that is, MY work) is free to use, edit, whatever. I couldn't really care less :P
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

I have to ask you a big favor, fire87 (selv om jeg har deg på msn). Can you draw a Di3 and put it in a small addon-set I got with Di4 and Di6?
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

fire87 wrote:I must say I'm surprised that this set still has some interest, considering it was halted for about half a year ago.
And it's nice to see that people still contributes to this set :)

Now, for the future, I'd like to say that all of my work (that is, MY work) is free to use, edit, whatever. I couldn't really care less :P

you were the coder, right? ... if so, may i have a look at the original .nfo files? im wondering primarily on how you made the max number of wagons/sets.
Member of the
ImageImage
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

jimmydanny wrote:I have to ask you a big favor, fire87 (selv om jeg har deg på msn). Can you draw a Di3 and put it in a small addon-set I got with Di4 and Di6?
I'm not really an artist though. Especially not a good one. So if I would be drawing a Di.3, it will most likely take a heck of a long time :wink:
DJ Nekkid wrote:you were the coder, right? ... if so, may i have a look at the original .nfo files? im wondering primarily on how you made the max number of wagons/sets.
I was not the coder, no. OzTransLtd ended up being the main coder until I disappeared. Will see quickly on the NFO and give it to you on PM, alright?

EDIT: Though, as I was not the coder, you cannot freely do with it whatever you want and then redistribute it as your own :P
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

that were not the plan either, i were just wondering how you made the sets in this or that way, and apply the same schematic in the mx3000 addon :)
Member of the
ImageImage
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

jimmydanny wrote:Di4 and Di6?
Either I haven't followed much at all, or you have gotten those trains from another thread/yourself?
DJ Nekkid wrote:that were not the plan either, i were just wondering how you made the sets in this or that way, and apply the same schematic in the mx3000 addon :)
I hope you understand the code then, and is succesful in your try :wink:
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

Well, I redrew them from the EL16, not good, but, well it works...

Heres a steel mill with some traffic, and a junction from a trafficed pax station:
You can see the Di4 running some of the steel and irontrains. Use the DBSetXL for the freight carriages.

And of course I have to thank DJ Nekkid for the coding ;-)

EDIT: And yeah, the northbound roro-part is now fixed, so both go under the steel mill ;) Didnt see that error :P
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Hehe. Well, I'm brewing on something, though not sure how it will turn out in the end...

Oh, and is it possible to look at the sprites for the Di.4? Would be fun to see how you designed it pixelwise :)
Have also contacted you on msn, so... :P
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

Well, XP x64 and MSN isnt best friends, so which computer you talked to, I dont know :P I try to come online
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Right.. Flame me for this one, I believe I deserve it. It's supposed to be the Di.3 :roll:
Attachments
Meh..
Meh..
Di3.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website

Return to “Graphics Development”