Hello everyone, and welcome to the OpenTTD 14 title screen competition! This is your opportunity to design and help choose the savegame which plays behind the main menu of OpenTTD; pictured above is 2TallTyler's winning entry for last year's OpenTTD 13 release.
Yes, this means that OpenTTD 14 is back to the usual April 1st release this year.
The rules for the competition are as follows:
- Submission deadline: March 11, 2024, at 23:59:00 UTC.
- Voting opens by March 18, 2024.
- Voting closes: March 25, 2024, at 23:59:00 UTC.
All entries will be posted to this topic as a savegame. You may change your entry at any time, but only one entry will be accepted by the close of entries. If updating, please post a new entry and either delete the old entry or PM a moderator to have it removed.
Voting will take place on GitHub, as it did for OpenTTD 13.
TITLE SCREEN GUIDELINES
- This will be a first impression of the game for many new players, so create something which you feel summarizes the game. This is usually a busy, exciting scene showing off many modes of transport, but there are no rules about what must be shown.
- You can use camera control signs to show many views of your game. Remember to test the commands you write, and that the player's screen resolution or window size can affect what gets shown and does not get shown. Test on multiple different resolutions if possible. Instructions on using the camera controls is here: viewtopic.php?p=1248166#p1248166
- Note that any signs you place will be visible. This excludes signs used for the camera control, which are removed when the game is loaded.
- Breakdowns will automatically be disabled. Cheating for money is OK. Unprofitable companies are OK. Building with multiple companies is OK. Building the game in the Scenario Editor is OK.
- Do not use AIs, GameScripts, or NewGRFs. These are automatically disabled.
- The game must be created in a clean, master branch version of OpenTTD or its official binaries. The game cannot be created in custom modified versions of OpenTTD or in popular patch packs such as JGR Patch Pack, LtJoker's Patch Pack, Reddit client, CityMania client, etc.