Road Stops & Waypoints 4 (OUT NOW)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Road Stops & Waypoints 4 (OUT NOW)

Post by Argus »

Ah, nothing, so even though I have the beta, the update appeared in the online content.
WintryAmethyst
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WintryAmethyst »

Trying to run the Vanilla version with OTTD 14 RC2 that came out yesterday.

Game crashes instantly when selecting truck/bus stops from the tramway tab. The selection window doesn't even come up. However, tram stops can still be created by building the roadstop from the road tab first, and building a tram line overtop.

I reduced my newGRF list down to this and eGRVTS (To provide trams in the first place) and the game still crashed in a freshly created save.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

WintryAmethyst wrote: 18 Mar 2024 02:34 Trying to run the Vanilla version with OTTD 14 RC2 that came out yesterday.

Game crashes instantly when selecting truck/bus stops from the tramway tab. The selection window doesn't even come up. However, tram stops can still be created by building the roadstop from the road tab first, and building a tram line overtop.

I reduced my newGRF list down to this and eGRVTS (To provide trams in the first place) and the game still crashed in a freshly created save.
Same here but with Dutch Tram Set 2.0.2 - also restricted to building form the tramway tab
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

I have no idea what's wrong. Threre's not any tram restriction.

Source file is bellow.
Attachments
_roadstops_VANILLA.zip
(9.8 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

WintryAmethyst wrote: 18 Mar 2024 02:34 Trying to run the Vanilla version with OTTD 14 RC2 that came out yesterday.

It's a known issue: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/12166
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

JGR wrote: 18 Mar 2024 21:11 It's a known issue: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/12166
Solved with the latest nightly but not in RC2 - hope there will be a release candidate #3 or the final v14.0 that will include this fix
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

I play with CZTR graphics and there are no problems with tram stops. I haven't tried other graphics files. But since I'm just a gamer, I don't know what the problem is with other graphics...
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

It will definitely be fixed in 14.0, whether or not we do an RC3 release before then. :)
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

2TallTyler wrote: 20 Mar 2024 00:38 It will definitely be fixed in 14.0, whether or not we do an RC3 release before then. :)
Obrigado :bow:
calaustro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by calaustro »

I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to OpenTTD, so forgive me my question (I haven't found an answer anywhere during the past 10-15 mins).
But will this conflict if I download and activate the original newGRFs, like auzStations, which contain these tiles, too? Are they somehow complementary?
Thanks!
Last edited by calaustro on 08 Apr 2024 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

calaustro wrote: 08 Apr 2024 23:07 But will this conflict if I download and activate the original newGRFs, like auzStations, which contain these tiles, too?
No, because the AusStations NewGRF only contains railway stations but no road stops ...
calaustro wrote: 08 Apr 2024 23:07 Are they somehow complementary?
... so these would indeed be complementary. I also think that it is even technically impossible to have rail and roadstops in one single NewGRF.

Also, don't let yourself be mislead, as far as I know, different NewGRFs can have similar looking or even identical graphics, as the graphics are totally independent of function and separately defined by the NewGRF author.

Return to “Graphics Releases”