There are some national sets, but they doesn't mix well (different prices ruin game balance).
On the other hand, famous Train of the World in 2cc is too heavy overall, but too sparse if certain region is chosen.
Therefore I decided to make train set depicting railways of Visegrad Group, therefore I named it V4.
My plan was to fork 2cct, delete unwanted exotic stuff, add some new locomotives and tweak some parameters.
Half of my plan is already done: I deleted lot of stuff from 2cct fork
During documentation survey I decided to add more countries: not only Chechia, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary, but also Austria, former Yugoslavia, Romania, West part of Soviet Union and East part of Germany,
because lot of rolling stock appear to be common for these countries (and one new map would utilise such set).
Teaser of this set is available on http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/v4-train-set/ files section,
as well as sources on GPL2 licence.
User can choose countries, similar as it was for regions in case of 2cct (however some locomotives are inherited, for example if only Hungary is chosen, RZD M62 will be still available).
Currently set is not playable if a single country is chosen, due to lack of locomotives.
Tracking table of implemented and planned locomotives is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
(black: existing, red: planned)
- TODO list:
- add more locomotives and multiple units, according to above mentioned table (artist support needed)
- make clean-up with locomotive names, add description of all national classes
- add refit option/colour table for national liveries
- repaint some locomotives to generate more appropriate liveries
- swap flag to depict stock producer/constructor rather than national railroad, which is fuzzy thing
- tweak some cost factors (partially done, 2cct nml code is very convenient to mockup such settings)
- add more freight wagon classes, for example separate reefers
- add track types (different speeds, normal and broad gauge)
- add more passenger wagon classes, for example luggage/passenger vans.
Many thanks and all credits go to creators of Trains in 2cc and Trains 2cc in NML sets, which are real parents of my child
I apologise for my poor English language.