IRC meeting 12/06/2004

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

IRC meeting 12/06/2004

Post by Hyronymus »

Anyone who's interested or think he can contribute to the development to TE, join the IRC meeting. It will be held this saturday at 1900 GMT (2100 CET) on the #TEmpire channel on Quakenet. Be there or be quiet :twisted: !
Last edited by Hyronymus on 11 Jun 2004 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
mispunt
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mispunt »

I am so sorry, but probably I don't have time to be online on that time. And I wanted to stay to discuss. :cry: but if you want to tell me what you want to discuss, I could send you a message with my opinion about some things...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:Anyone who's interested or think he can contribute to the development to TE, join the IRC meeting.
Does TE need a graphics artist?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Yes.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Arathorn wrote:Yes.
2D sprites / 3D models ???
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
mispunt
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mispunt »

I know you don't like reading purno, but when you have read some topics you could see it was probably 3D....
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

If you're not good at 3D you can make textures, I utterly suck at those.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

mispunt wrote:I know you don't like reading purno, but when you have read some topics you could see it was probably 3D....
FreeTT is also 3D but it seems that FreeTT uses 2D sprites too, so it could be the same with TE.
Arathorn wrote:If you're not good at 3D you can make textures, I utterly suck at those.
Well, I can make 3D models, but currently I've no easy to use program at home. I hope I will get AutoCAD someday, but it seems AutoCAD can't handle textures as far as I know.

But do you have any example of a texture, so I can see the 'quality' (especially size and detail) of them?
Image Image
mispunt
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mispunt »

Purno wrote:
mispunt wrote:I know you don't like reading purno, but when you have read some topics you could see it was probably 3D....
FreeTT is also 3D but it seems that FreeTT uses 2D sprites too, so it could be the same with TE.
Well that is a temperary solution. I want to make a full 3D engine for it... But this TE isn't the same as FreeTT and there isn't any code for it yet. FreeTT already has a base which is based on a Tilebased system. But this is a discussion which doesn't belong in this topic ;) Although on the IRC meeting you could discuss this.
Last edited by mispunt on 11 Jun 2004 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

We had a topic about 3D programs some time ago. I think Blender is the best.
I have no example of a texture, but imagine that we want the models to look good with low poly models.
mispunt
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mispunt »

Arathorn wrote:We had a topic about 3D programs some time ago. I think Blender is the best.
I have no example of a texture, but imagine that we want the models to look good with low poly models.
LOL :lol: I have tried to get Purno on Blender already, but he think it is to hard to learn, and he don't like reading :lol:
@Purno: You see I am not the only one who think Blender is the best. :) think about that...
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I don't think any 3D program is hard to learn once you know one.
I don't know that from personal experience though.
I still have to thoroughly master Blender.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I master AutoCAD (even though I didn't touch it for a few years) and once touched 3Dmax and Maya. But I was too stuck in AutoCAD to get a firm grip on positioning stuff properly. And all english interfaces aren't exactly what I prefer when I have to master something.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

FEI, the time originally suggested was 1900 UTC. This equates to 8pm BST, 9pm CEST, 3pm EDT, to name just three timezones.
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
oliver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oliver »

I'll be at my mother's tis weekend, so chances are very likley i won't make it.
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

Post by Paranoid Android »

I'll be there. Parents are out, sister's working, so there'll be no possible obstructions. Unless there's a powercut from the storm - it's been rumbling outside all day so far.

Anyway, I'll be there to discuss muzak, and maybe some other stuff.
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

This would be your 60-minute warning, if it weren't actually less than 60 minutes to the start already :)
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

Post by Paranoid Android »

There's a couple of us in there at the moment. Come on in, why don't you?
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I beleve the meeting is alredy over? (OT: yea, I finaly got IRC work, but probably to late for thes meeting. )
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
mispunt
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mispunt »

Sorry, I can't post a message anymore for some reason... :cry:

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”